Abusive nice guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allanh, if someone's person lowers your defense and makes you nice, it's okay. If you meet someone and realize that niceness is a tool you could use, it's not okay.

Indeed, it should be said again: she is definitely making attacks against a very specific character type that come off sounding like they have a larger target audience.

Haz said:
Where is she claiming that she has the ultimate gender?

I wouldn't say she is claiming "the ultimate gender" as such, i'm not even sure what that means.

And before anyone says it, because some ******* always says it, I am not saying this because I don’t know how it is for those guys. Guess what folks, I’m one of those rare trans women who considers herself to have been a guy before she realized and transitioned. And I pulled this honeysuckle for a bit. I was The Nice Guy™ before I realized it was bullshit. So I’ve been there.

I wouldn't consider this to make her particularly authoritative, though she claims it does. an appeal to authority
Agreed, although I don't know how much it harms her post.
Haz said:
You can't have delusions of grandeur without making actual factual mistakes.

her arguments are hardly waterproof, they are a bunch of generalisations somewhat rooted in reality. you can pick apart any rant made by an amateur internet logician and drive whoever is trying to defend it up the wall

don't get me wrong I don't think everything she says is wrong it's mainly taking on this internet age sassy "*****" role just kind of rubs me up the wrong way. she addresses in the comments on one of her posts that there is a difference between the phoney nice guys she is complaining about and those who are genuine, so I guess I can let this one rest. Just all her other posts discussing social engineering, to me they come across as if she has skimmed through the wiki article and built a whole personal philosophy around it. You don't have to pretend to be educated to be a manipulative little cow.

Well, I certainly won't attempt to defend or attack her general logic, because I am clearly ill-equipped to do so :lol:
The sassy ***** thing is... eye-catching to be sure, and you certainly can't defend her for it in any ethical dimension. She does have anger problems though, for whatever that counts in the anonymous world of internet people being internet people.

Latest posts

Back