All I want is drugs.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluekick

Reaction score
I'm writing because I am having severe problems with loneliness. I'm 29 and have no friends. I am not able to build relationships with other people. I have never had a significant other and have run away from my family. I have been in therapy and counselling since a little boy. In my adult life my worst fear has come true. It doesn't matter what I do. I have no friends. It has been hard enough to learn how to take care of myself, and now that I have learned, I can see that it was all designed me to miss out on being a human. Looking back I can see that I did anything I could to be friends. It is all my fault. I am forced to have no friends. I have completely failed to make any relationships at all. To deal with myself as a total failure I have decided to become an alcoholic and spend my life drunk. Things just get worse. I don't want any more therapy. All I want is drugs.

Please don't give up on yourself. If you resort to the abuse of alcohol and narcotics, you will only mask your problems. If the therapy you're receiving is having a negative effect, then try another therapist, but don't self-medicate, it will only end up making matters worse.

I'm lonely too. I imagine many people here are lonely. Try to take solace in the fact that there are people here who understand what you're going through and will care about you, even if you feel isolated in 'the real world'.

Thats some great advice from user 130057, In the past I used drugs and alcohol because I was unhappy and lonely too, and user 130057's right it only mask's your problems and they build up like sweeping dirt under a carpet, eventualy it spills out the sides and becomes a huge mess, the fact that you are here sharing is great, many of us here are lonely and working through problems in our lives like you, talking realy helps, theres alot of support for you here, you are not alone, feel free to pm me anytime I could use a good friend :)

I've never tried any drugs (non medical) and drink so infrequently that the last time I had a couple of bottles of something I could already feel the effects, so maybe I'm not qualified to answer.

But I doubt thats the answer, do you think that will make your problems go away?

I agree with the posts above.

Stick around this site, get to know people here, you will find it's different from other forums and maybe you can find a new path to take.

Good luck.

I too have never had a significant other, no true friends, and I may as well run away from my family because they don't care about me. I have one "friend" from high school and we're pretty much friends out of convenience- both lonely and unwanted. But if i don't contact her i would never hear from her, so not much of a friendship. The second "friend" of mine is a girl who revealed to me that she "originally didn't understand why god would want her to be around someone like me but jesus told her to stay and 'help me'." So yeah, girl whose friendship began with me because "Jesus told her to do it" not much of a friendship there. Just friends with me for pity and to her get some brownie points into heaven. she too does not initiate communication with me. But you know what? its the best i can do and superficial chats with fake friends from time to time serves its purpose of letting me know i'm human in the least. I've tried to make friends during my time in Uni but i'm just not cool enough. I feel like an awkward loser in nearly every situation i'm in so i gave up. I don't try anymore because its pointless. I feel like a fool 99% of the time. I don't do drugs but my bulimia emerged as my loneliness grew and depression deepened. Its gross i know, but what people fail to realize is with bulimia its not about the food. Its the purge that releases these high levels of endorphines, empties out all my bad feelings, and silences the sadness for just a few moments. After that moment is gone you want to get it back. You chase that high like a drug. Its a disorder all about control and it came about just when I felt the most out of control. I want it to stop but just when i think its over something devastes me, and I slip back into my despair...and I need to feel that high again. I feel mia is my only friend at times and the only thing that makes me feel good in my silent world. So no...not a chemical substance form of drug, but my drug nonetheless. What makes drug abuse and eating disorders so crazy is the users KNOW the repercussions.We know what it can do to our bodies and we know they can kill us, so why do we do it anyway? I wonder the same thing about tabacco users. I'm no psychologist but i'm guessing that in these situations of severe loneliness, despair, and/or depression it is a subconscious (or conscious) way a giving up. Like, feeling nothing else matters not even our bodies? Anyway, I'm not much help but just sharing my story to show you that you are not alone. PM me anytime, I'm a listening ear..

bluekick said:
I'm writing because I am having severe problems with loneliness. I'm 29 and have no friends. I am not able to build relationships with other people. I have never had a significant other and have run away from my family. I have been in therapy and counselling since a little boy. In my adult life my worst fear has come true. It doesn't matter what I do. I have no friends. It has been hard enough to learn how to take care of myself, and now that I have learned, I can see that it was all designed me to miss out on being a human. Looking back I can see that I did anything I could to be friends. It is all my fault. I am forced to have no friends. I have completely failed to make any relationships at all. To deal with myself as a total failure I have decided to become an alcoholic and spend my life drunk. Things just get worse. I don't want any more therapy. All I want is drugs.

All you want is drugs and alcohol? That stuff ain't gonna help you get any friends, brother. Trust me. I've hung out with alcoholics and drug addicts before, they're ********. People generally dislike ********. If you know you have a problem with this stuff, maybe you should think about rehab? Once you sober up, and become more socially active, people will start to like you; I'm sure of it.

Smoking weed helped me out of my own black hole of depressions, and made my life livable. Can't say it will for everyone else, but it made my life worth living atleast(in a mental state, I'm not living for weed by any means). I only smoke weed when I am down which is like once a month and I feel much better for about a month.

That was very sad. You shouldn't be discouraged from asking for help, but people on a forum can only offer so much. You may be better off getting counselling.,

A lot of us are facing, or have faced a similar situation ( getting older with nobody or hardly anyone in our lives). It's a depressing but not uncommon. Alcohol is a depressant, it's going to make your feel many times worse.

Although I agree generally with you guys...
I can really go for a drink right now tho....
I need some way to blow off this day to day stress

I think drugs & alcohol is great to forget your daily worries every now and then. No, it doesn't solve problems, but at least you can forget them for a while.
You just need control it. Don't get addicted and know your own limits.

Latest posts

Back