alone.. again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainTop

Reaction score
Ive always loved the sport of boxing, and ive been active in local clubs since the YMCA at 8, to my first pro fight at 15, up until now at 21.

I had the toughest fight of my life yesterday, it was an awesome match for me, i was in probably the best boxing shape of my life and i was really looking forward to it.
After 8 1/2 rounds of hard fighting, in which I was in real trouble for the first time since i was 15, i pulled off a win. My opponent was a very good boxer, very talented, so it really felt like a great win.

That is until it hit me that i was alone. As soon as he left the locker room, his girlfriend was there for him, telling him that he looked great and that hed be okay and that hed get better and make a comback soon. A large group of his buddies who were there during the match were waiting for him outside too.

I went in to the match alone( except obviously for my trainer, but im not really close to him in anyway) and left it completely alone. I drove myself home, put ice on myself, and ate dinner by myself, then went to sleep alone.
I guess it had never hit me before, because my mom and my brother were always there, but i moved recently and they couldnt make it.

Hell, even the prize money was a freakin bummer.
It was 250 dollars sure thing and 350 for the winner, but what the heck am i going to use it on? I live alone, a single male really doesnt need much. even at just 10 dollars an hour, I make more than enough to pay for my studio apartment, food, gas and my vice of 2 video games a month.
I just made 600 dollars that i really dont need.
the other guy may have 'only' won 250, but he probably used it to take his girlfriend out to a nice dinner or something.

Once again alone at the peak of the mountain. what a bummer.

I feel for you. When we have wins and losses in life, we feel the need to share them. We need to share the highs and the lows with someone special. It just sucks when we can't.

Congratulations on your win.

Save your money for a rainy day, it'll be the smartest thing you ever do.

It can be painful to watch the interactions of others when you feel lonely, but remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and everybody faces their own private demons.

I agree, you can save it for a rainy day. :)

I remember when I picked up my high school results and I had done really well. I walked home by myself and then went to practice my serve on the tennis courts since it was a beautiful sunny day. Most other people probably went to the park or something with their friends.

Congratulations though!

Aww it sounds like you have such a good heart. Unfortunately, I am also going through the same thing about feeling alone. My mom recently passed away and she was the only family I have. So now I come home to my quiet apartment and eat alone as well. But, I do have a dog. She keeps me distracted and entertained. Maybe you could get a pet? Maybe a fish or a hamster or something that you could take care of.

You sound like you have accomplished a lot in your 21 years.. you are doing something that you are passionate about and working hard at it and you are fully independent making your own money and living alone. That is so awesome! But, you are not completely alone :) You do have your family even though they cannot be there physically they are only a call away. Plus, there are tons of people on here like me and many others who can use more friends :)

I hope you have a great day today!!

MountainTop said:
Ive always loved the sport of boxing, and ive been active in local clubs since the YMCA at 8, to my first pro fight at 15, up until now at 21.

I had the toughest fight of my life yesterday, it was an awesome match for me, i was in probably the best boxing shape of my life and i was really looking forward to it.
After 8 1/2 rounds of hard fighting, in which I was in real trouble for the first time since i was 15, i pulled off a win. My opponent was a very good boxer, very talented, so it really felt like a great win.

That is until it hit me that i was alone. As soon as he left the locker room, his girlfriend was there for him, telling him that he looked great and that hed be okay and that hed get better and make a comback soon. A large group of his buddies who were there during the match were waiting for him outside too.

I went in to the match alone( except obviously for my trainer, but im not really close to him in anyway) and left it completely alone. I drove myself home, put ice on myself, and ate dinner by myself, then went to sleep alone.
I guess it had never hit me before, because my mom and my brother were always there, but i moved recently and they couldnt make it.

Hell, even the prize money was a freakin bummer.
It was 250 dollars sure thing and 350 for the winner, but what the heck am i going to use it on? I live alone, a single male really doesnt need much. even at just 10 dollars an hour, I make more than enough to pay for my studio apartment, food, gas and my vice of 2 video games a month.
I just made 600 dollars that i really dont need.
the other guy may have 'only' won 250, but he probably used it to take his girlfriend out to a nice dinner or something.

Once again alone at the peak of the mountain. what a bummer.

You could send me the extra money. :p

Seriously though, I think it's awesome that you're into boxing. So mad points just for that.

You mentioned video games... so maybe you're not getting out enough? I'm not talking about clubbing or anything like that. Just... walking around town, checking out shops and stuff, maybe you'd run into some girls or something. *shrug*

Honestly, you seem like a good guy and you must be in good shape if you're boxing. From what you've told us, it doesn't seem like women would be repelled by you or anything...

...so from what I see, it's just your opinion that's stopping you.

I honestly think you could get out there and snag some friends and a girlyfriend if you went at it like you did that last fight. :D

Badjedidude said:
I honestly think you could get out there and snag some friends and a girlyfriend if you went at it like you did that last fight. :D

attack the body mercilessly with hooks until shes out of breath, then go for the head with a wild looping left hand?

I can do this!! :club:
:D
on a serious note though, youre spot on.
Im alone because im picky as heck, I know this.
even though its my fault, it still sucks.

so where am i sending this money to again? haha

Latest posts

Back