Alone amongst the Masses

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImmortalDragon76

Reaction score
I have not always been alone. I considered myself to be one who could mesh with any group. I was a student athlete and did not belong to any clique. I did well in school until I allowed myself to become vulnerable in a relationship, only to be let down. I was young and stupid and took it hard. I drank heavily and did not care much about school. My grades dropped and I became ineligible for sports my last two years of high school. I lost my track scholarship and became very lost.

My counselor gave me the wake up call I needed to double up my classes so I could walk with my class. I did not care about walking, I just did not want to spent another year at the school. I joined the military and spent 14 years total. I was able to see the world and meet some interesting people along that journey. I did get married and fathered two boys. It was not until the wars erupted that my personality would later change.

I was involved in the invasion of Iraq. I personally did not believe that we needed to be there or Afghanistan. I have seen and done things for the war mongers and the 1% percent who thrive on the blood of the less fortunate.

After returning, I went to a military school to go into the psychology field. After some time working at the hospital, I started to become detached from my wife and others. I ended up calling it quits, as I was tired of hearing all the things I was not doing every time we got into an argument. It was not until I was called up again to go back to Iraq, seeing more horrors of a senseless war; that the bottled up emotions from years before all came to the forefront. This caused me to start weekly visits to the Psychiatrist. This gave me something to look forward to weekly.

I have a very difficult time relating to others. I get frustrated at the whining the general public continuously echoes. I do suffer from PTSD and have been diagnosed with Dysthymia. I do not take any forms of medications or go to therapy. I do not like to venture outside my home unless it is for work or it is a absolute must. I can communicate when it has to deal with my profession, but outside that, I do not dear.

Being this way has caused some hard times with my present wife. I am always asked if going into psychology as a profession is the right path for me. I am not going into it to deal with adults and their problems. I am doing it to work with children and to do research for the better good of humanity.

The opinions I have cast me out of the social norm. This I am grateful for. Seeing how society is imploding, I am content to be watching form the sidelines.

I don't believe in a God, I don't celebrate holidays, I don't believe in the military, the government, or a society based on a monetary system.

The short time that I am on this planet will be to uncover breakthroughs to help advance humanity in a scientific way to increase the productivity of intelligence of all, get rid of a monetary system, end homelessness and starvation. This will be the fruit of my loneliness.

Hey ImmortalDragon, welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. It sounds rough. I hope you hang in there and talk to us, it might help letting it out. I hope that you'll find something positive from here that you can take with you and use to feel better.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
You sound like you're in pain and I hope you find some comfort and answers here.

PS My brother is career military since '91, now stationed in Europe. Thanks for your service :)

-Teresa

Late welcome to you.

Your post was an interesting read to me. Do you regret joining the military?

I hope you can defeat your demons and succeed in your goals.

Enjoy your time.

Hi, would be interested in hearing some of your ideas if you ever felt like it.

First off, a hearty welcome to you. :)

Second, I have never been in the military, but my late father was a Marine. He never had combat duty to my knowledge, but his service gave me a healthy respect for the armed forces.

Third, I totally get the whining thing. This isn't comparable to war by a long shot, but I was in a big earthquake exactly 20 years ago this month. My life was uprooted and I was in genuine fear for my safety. The reason I bring this up is that I left the quake area to stay somewhere else and the first thing that Jarred me was a restaurant filled with people acting like it was just another day. It made me angry. I felt like grabbing someone and yelling, "Don't you realize that people are dying out there?" As I said... it's not war, but it gave me a tiny taste of what PTSD felt like, and it permanently changed my perspective on what's important in life. I can only imagine the difficulties you must have experienced coming back, and I feel for you.

Welcome again, and I hope you get something positive from your time here.

Rosebolt said:
Late welcome to you.

Your post was an interesting read to me. Do you regret joining the military?

I hope you can defeat your demons and succeed in your goals.

Enjoy your time.

I enjoyed seeing the world on Uncle Sam's dime. Overall, I do regret joining. Since I lost my scholarship because I was stupid, there was no other alternative. The military continues to be used as a pawn in a rich man's game for supremacy. I am happy I am out. I would have two years to retire if I was still in. Retiring does not mean much today as it did years past. The suits in D.C. made sure of that while illegal immigrants will continue to claim tax credits without providing SSN, those who have served this ungrateful nation will have their military pension reduced beginning in 2015. It is difficult to not be bitter when one is continuously lied to.

WL7.3 said:
Hi, would be interested in hearing some of your ideas if you ever felt like it.

Anytime.

I pretty much wear my emotions on my sleeve.

I'm working on that though.

Latest posts

Back