Another member who is suffering in life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samelson03

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. My name is Steven. I'm a 23 year old who suffers from depression, anxiety and panic attacks. My suffering started after I graduated from high school in 2009. I was never popular in high school. I had many acquaintance and two close friends. I cut one of them out my life because I realized the one friend was a terrible person/friend. My other friend is like a brother to me but I don't see him enough. My cousin who I kind of see as a brother is also dear to my heart but I sometimes question our friendship. Loneliness is what is eating me alive. I see a therapist and a psychiatrist pretty daily. I'm on different medication to help cause the anxiety and depression as well.

I was in a behavioral health unit a few years back because I told my therapist I was very suicidal and had a plan and tried to kill myself but couldn't do it. I was in there for only a day because they didn't see me as a risk to myself or others. I was doing well for a long time but within the last year or so everything came back. I have my good days and bad days.

I should also mention I am a college drop-out and have never had a job. So, pretty much I do absolutely nothing worthwhile. I'm very a-social so I spend almost all my time alone in my room and it's destroying me. I'm so used to this lifestyle that is is so hard to get out of it.

I apologize for this long post but I just wanted to share my life you folks. :)

Welcome to the forum, this is a good community !

Aye stick with us you're more than welcome here *resists urge to break into the Oliver Twist song*

You was in for a day? Wow that's an achievement! I was in for 2 weeks back in 04 and it was only LAST YEAR I actually found out why, and it was because of something that never happened!

Yep not having a job sucks, but there's a lot of people in those shoes these days especially your age group. Is there anything you'd like to do as a job?

Most importantly keep fighting, there is an "other side" where it's nicer and you will get there eventually.

Welcome to the forum. If you are a sociable person and looking for a job you should try customer service.

Hey Steven, welcome to the forum! Hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Hi Steven :)

Samelson03 said:
I'm very a-social so I spend almost all my time alone in my room and it's destroying me. I'm so used to this lifestyle that is is so hard to get out of it.

I know how you feel. Doesn't feel natural going out.

Hi and welcome to the forums!
Don't feel too bad about not having a job. I used to feel that way too, then I realize, there are a whole lot of people without jobs out there. You'll get through this. sometimes we tend to magnify the pain we feel and forget all the good things. so think of good things!

Samelson03 said:
Hi, everyone. My name is Steven. I'm a 23 year old who suffers from depression, anxiety and panic attacks. My suffering started after I graduated from high school in 2009. I was never popular in high school. I had many acquaintance and two close friends. I cut one of them out my life because I realized the one friend was a terrible person/friend. My other friend is like a brother to me but I don't see him enough. My cousin who I kind of see as a brother is also dear to my heart but I sometimes question our friendship. Loneliness is what is eating me alive. I see a therapist and a psychiatrist pretty daily. I'm on different medication to help cause the anxiety and depression as well.

I was in a behavioral health unit a few years back because I told my therapist I was very suicidal and had a plan and tried to kill myself but couldn't do it. I was in there for only a day because they didn't see me as a risk to myself or others. I was doing well for a long time but within the last year or so everything came back. I have my good days and bad days.

I should also mention I am a college drop-out and have never had a job. So, pretty much I do absolutely nothing worthwhile. I'm very a-social so I spend almost all my time alone in my room and it's destroying me. I'm so used to this lifestyle that is is so hard to get out of it.

I apologize for this long post but I just wanted to share my life you folks. :)

Even though I don't suffer from anxiety or panic attacks doesn't mean that I don't know how you feel. Being isolated and antisocial is just making things worse. You should try to do something new that you've never done before, but always wanted to do. Get yourself in a position to talk to people every day. Exercise, even if it's just walking around a park or a Mall. These are things that I find helpful for my depression. It will NEVER be cured, but you will find a way to make things better! Keep your hopes high that things will improve! :)

Latest posts

Back