Anyone just not care if they live anymore? (NOT a suicide threat)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes believe me friend I think and feel like that every day; it's not that I want to kill myself (couldn't do it for a number of reasons, least of all what it would do to my parents who I partly look after now) but I do just wish I could fall off the planet or out of existence. Just not wake up and voila - I'm no more whatsoever.

Trixster said:
Just surviving isn't enough of a reason to exist... and I think successful people understand that more than anyone else (not that I'm a successful person). We're discouraged from suicide by society and doctors (and maybe friends and family for some of you), but life is like a cake: I've had a slice, and I really feel no desire to continue shoveling the rest of it down my throat.

Thank you. You just summed that up perfectly for me.

Dying for me has become a wish instead of an inevitability.However,I'm never gonna commit suicide. I know I just have to live this life till the end somehow...however long. I just wish I can find peace with myself,forgive myself and let go of the guilt I feel before I do die....it haunts me.So yes,it's very hard to live when you dislike yourself,it makes you completely apathetic about staying alive.

Trixster said:
Just surviving isn't enough of a reason to exist... and I think successful people understand that more than anyone else (not that I'm a successful person). We're discouraged from suicide by society and doctors (and maybe friends and family for some of you), but I life is like a cake: I've had a slice, and I really feel no desire to continue shoveling the rest of it down my throat.

Why isn't surviving enough of a reason to exist? Simply surviving is difficult and an achievement in itself. It is a miraculous success that our planet can sustain an intelligent species at all.
And what makes a person successful? Money? Job? Relationships?
According to biology, all you have to do to succeed is reproduce.
According to the media, in order to succeed you have to have lots of money and power.
According to your dog, in order to succeed you have to provide dog food, walks and companionship.

We tend to look at the things we don't have in life or can't have in life. If only we try to change our mindsets, and if you ever saw how a person's life from being all perfect to having end-stage illness in the blink of an eye and this person happens to be your dear loved one, you'd realise that life is too short to feel sorry for ourselves and succumb to depression or whatever it is that's negative around us.

Sure there are days when I'd feel down myself, sad and depressed. But I choose not to let it take over me. Sure I had my suicidal days when I was having issues previously. But now I feel that it was all such a stupid attempt. Life is beautiful. It's what you make out of it. People make it suck. Your choice to make it not suck. Change can only happen, when you change your outlook of life within you. When you change your mindset and thought processes. All it takes, is your mind to change things around.

My good friend's life is destroyed. What if she can't get a transplant? And it's not something that she chooses or has an option to say it's nothing that she can change her mind to. I used to say my life sucks and that nothing works out for me. But now I'm **** grateful that I am even healthy and live a life right. I'll take my bitter past as a life learning experience. That's all life is about. Take chances, keep falling to learn, then make changes and succeed.

I was on this forum quite a long time ago. Things were not as depressing as it seems now, even though the people then were still lonely and depressed, but they try. Come on guys, look at the better things in life. Only we can make the changes we want to have in our lives.

I know what it feels like to not care anymore. It's a terrible feeling but I could never take my own life..ever. Regardless of how bad things may seem I could never put my parents through the loss of a child.

Things could be so much worse. When I think about some of the countries I've been, and the things I've seen, there is so much that goes on that people don't know about.

Iceman1978 said:
I know what it feels like to not care anymore. It's a terrible feeling but I could never take my own life..ever. Regardless of how bad things may seem I could never put my parents through the loss of a child.

Things could be so much worse. When I think about some of the countries I've been, and the things I've seen, there is so much that goes on that people don't know about.

I get what you mean. This is exactly what I felt with a friend of mine. Her mother was so distraught that it just made me so angry at my friend for even attempting to doing such a stupid thing. She's lucky it didn't work out. I told her she was so selfish. If only she'd learn to just make things work, turn her life around, things can get better. One has to have the patience though.

There is a lot that goes on that people don't know about and that's why a lot of people are ungrateful for the good lives they have. Considered a luxury to many.

Latest posts

Back