Ask Random Questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lilith said:
Why is the sky blue?

Because blue is the most awesometastic of all colors.

But seriously, when sunlight reaches us, the light scatters due to molecules in our atmosphere. Of all the colors of the light spectrum, blue scatters the most because it travels in shorter waves, making the sky look blue to us. We tend to see reds and oranges when the Sun sets because more of the those colors of light are being scattered in our atmosphere than the blue light. That's my layman's try, anyway.

Can humans ever achieve light-speed travel?

ladyforsaken said:
Lacrecia said:
A beautiful lie is better than a bitter truth.

No ******* way.

Yes ******* way. Beautiful lies are what people want, and those who know it use it :rolleyes:
It's obvious when people talk, and when they are way 'nicer' than they really are since they say 'nicer' things than they really think.
For instance, someone can say 'you are such a strong person!' and think 'poor thing, they're so pathetic, and their life is honeysuckle'
Usually, people translate their vulgar thoughts into beautiful lies because they want to be liked or to get attention.
*shrug*

Case said:
Can humans ever achieve light-speed travel?

I think that the species will suffer extinction before they reach that goal.

Lilith said:
I think it's not the pork rind's fault that you choked on it. Do you even know how to masticate?!
Perhaps it's the smell that made you feel nauseated as the smell of pork rinds is generally nauseous, at least to me.
Personally, I don't like pork rinds.

Why is the sky blue?

Oh, it's totally my fault, not the Pork Rinds'. I eat them way too fast. But I eat most things too fast, and only they get stuck in my throat. Still... I do eat too fast.

The smell of the Pork Skins doesn't bother me. After I eat them, I'll start feeling sick about an hour or two later. :(

I'm gonna go look up the word "masticate" now. I don't know what it means but I have a feeling it means "chew".

Yep. It does. ._.

Lacrecia said:
ladyforsaken said:
Lacrecia said:

No ******* way.

Yes ******* way. Beautiful lies are what people want, and those who know it use it :rolleyes:
It's obvious when people talk, and when they are way 'nicer' than they really are since they say 'nicer' things than they really think.
For instance, someone can say 'you are such a strong person!' and think 'poor thing, they're so pathetic, and their life is honeysuckle'
Usually, people translate their vulgar thoughts into beautiful lies because they want to be liked or to get attention.
*shrug*

Not everyone would do that. Not everyone wants that. I don't want that. Some people on this forum sure wouldn't want that.

Some people actually mean what they say. It's probably rare, but there are still people who do. Just because people want things to be sugarcoated for them doesn't mean it's what you should do.

I know it but I don't use it. I say what I mean. Whether people want it or not, that's their ******* problem. But when I say to someone I think they're strong, I actually think so. I don't do it out of attention or wanting to be liked.

So no, I don't agree that a beautiful lie is better than the bitter truth. If you think so, that's your problem, but I'm just saying I disagree with that.

Well of course there are exceptions for EVERYTHING.
I do not see why you are being so defensive if you are in 'peace' with yourself.

Why do we twitch when we are about to sleep?

Lacrecia said:
Beautiful lies are what people want, and those who know it use it :rolleyes:
It's obvious when people talk, and when they are way 'nicer' than they really are since they say 'nicer' things than they really think. [...] Usually, people translate their vulgar thoughts into beautiful lies because they want to be liked or to get attention.

But is that better for a person's self-esteem and self-perception in the long run? I'd say no, but that's just my point of view. Surely these 'beautiful lies' are some sort of first-aid-measure to get your thoughts out there without offence. On a grand scale...it tends to do more harm than good. We all have to face reality at some point.

Lacrecia said:
Why do we twitch when we are about to sleep?

Wait...we do that? I only know of people that twitch in their sleep or when they have a rude awakening - like waking from a 'falling dream'.

I suppose you got that question from here, so you already know the answer, don't ya? :p

[SPOILER ALERT]
[video=youtube]

Lacrecia said:
Well of course there are exceptions for EVERYTHING.
I do not see why you are being so defensive if you are in 'peace' with yourself.

i'm not really "in peace", no. because people cant be honest with me a lot of times and it hurts and thats why this kinda bugs me.

shrugs, sorry i guess

Rodent said:
I suppose you got that question from here, so you already know the answer, don't ya? :p

Exactly, but since it was the only question that I had in mind, I posted it (I suppose) for the benefit of others.
Well the other question was why the earth isnt flat, but you would understand why I didn't post this one.

I hate being lied to. Even "white lies" are intolerable to me. Nothing against those who like/use them, though.

Why do so many men accuse all women of taking forever to get ready, when I take mere minutes to get ready and most men I know take FOREVER to show up?

ladyforsaken said:
Lacrecia said:
ladyforsaken said:
Lacrecia said:

No ******* way.

*shrug*

Not everyone would do that. Not everyone wants that. I don't want that. Some people on this forum sure wouldn't want that.

Some people actually mean what they say. It's probably rare, but there are still people who do. Just because people want things to be sugarcoated for them doesn't mean it's what you should do.

I know it but I don't use it. I say what I mean. Whether people want it or not, that's their ******* problem. But when I say to someone I think they're strong, I actually think so. I don't do it out of attention or wanting to be liked.

So no, I don't agree that a beautiful lie is better than the bitter truth. If you think so, that's your problem, but I'm just saying I disagree with that.

And some people get pissy when they are told something that isn't sugar coated. They think the person is a *****, even though someone else says the same thing in a different way. The end remains the same, regardless of how it's said.

While some people don't think of everything as a "beautiful lie," I consider coddling people and telling them in a babyish way that everything is going to work out is wrong and could be considered a "beautiful lie," because you don't know if it will be.

Also, I don't really see how someone that thinks different has a "problem." It may not be your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it and make other people's thinking into a problem.

Volmornu said:
I hate being lied to. Even "white lies" are intolerable to me. Nothing against those who like/use them, though.

Why do so many men accuse all women of taking forever to get ready, when I take mere minutes to get ready and most men I know take FOREVER to show up?

I take less time than most men to get ready, so I have no idea. lol

Why can't we trust people blindly? Why do we always have to be so jealous and frightened? Why can't we just really trust each other?
Lies. That's why. It's way better to know the truth than to live a fairytale and then get disappointed.
When you first get lied to, you start doubting everything. Imagine a relationship with no lies et al?
That's one of my goals in life. And definitely in friendships. I'm in no mood for any more heartbreaks in life.
Friendship>Love

Definatly. I prefer the truth rather than a lie. I don't care if it will hurt me. As long as it's the truth. The truth is better than anything else.

Omnipotent Soul said:
Definatly. I prefer the truth rather than a lie. I don't care if it will hurt me. As long as it's the truth. The truth is better than anything else.

I couldn't agree more!
I lived with the belief that my man loved me for a long long time. Finally I found out that he didn't anymore. When asked why he didn't tell me he said that he cared for me too much to tell me the truth. Why on earth would he think that would hurt less having him lie about something that big??

Latest posts

Back