Asking women about Intimidation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are probably intimidated by YOU! I've actually been in that situation, and because he was quiet, i assumed that he was playing that "too-cool" aloof crap....like he was too good for me...then again, even though i may be beautiful, i'm very wierd, so maybe he DID think he was too good for me....hmmmm

If you are really talented and the girls/ladies are trying to get your attention and you dont give it to them, then they think you are not interested and get their feelings hurt. Thats what would happen to me at least.

Women usually don't initiate contact with me because unless I'm with a group of friends, I'm a fairly quiet, straight-faced kinda guy. I've been told that I look unapproachable when I'm by myself because I appear to be either cold & angry or too busy to be bothered, both of which are not true. :p

So I dunno if "intimidated" is the right word, but I guess some women are hesitant to talk to me because I look all serious and quiet and junk. lol

Whenmyheartattacks said:
They are probably intimidated by YOU! I've actually been in that situation, and because he was quiet, i assumed that he was playing that "too-cool" aloof crap....like he was too good for me...then again, even though i may be beautiful, i'm very wierd, so maybe he DID think he was too good for me....hmmmm

To be honest if he is a very quiet guy i bet the thought wouldnt even come into his head but you never know. Thing is its usually the extroverted arrogant people that think along those lines, i dont think i know any quiet people that assume they are better than others. Infact people who are quiet and maybe have small social issues are the opposite and usually think they are below other people no matter if they have a great talent.

septicemia said:
If you are really talented and the girls/ladies are trying to get your attention and you dont give it to them, then they think you are not interested and get their feelings hurt. Thats what would happen to me at least.

Well theres a problem with that... the problem is i have no clue when a women is flirting/trying to get your attention like a few other people on these forums. It doesnt even cross my mind, if im getting glances well most of the time i wouldnt even know because im terrible at eye contact. I think for anything to happen, i would have to be directly approached and conversed with.

Badjedidude said:
Women usually don't initiate contact with me because unless I'm with a group of friends, I'm a fairly quiet, straight-faced kinda guy. I've been told that I look unapproachable when I'm by myself because I appear to be either cold & angry or too busy to be bothered, both of which are not true. :p

So I dunno if "intimidated" is the right word, but I guess some women are hesitant to talk to me because I look all serious and quiet and junk. lol

Yep i think its the same with me or atleast similar. I am a straight faced kind of guy too when im sitting there and people sometimes say things like cheer up or whatever when im actually just sitting there looking around or pondering things, not actually unhappy at that point in time, just observing.

ShybutHi said:
Yep i think its the same with me or atleast similar. I am a straight faced kind of guy too when im sitting there and people sometimes say things like cheer up or whatever when im actually just sitting there looking around or pondering things, not actually unhappy at that point in time, just observing.

Well, then, it's just you. Nothing else. Musician or not, if you're that way, just know that some people think that. I'm like that myself, especially when I was little. My mom always thought I was a miserable little girl, when really, I was just observing things. My grandmother was the one to realize I tend to observe and listen more than talk.

VanillaCreme said:
Well, then, it's just you. Nothing else. Musician or not, if you're that way, just know that some people think that. I'm like that myself, especially when I was little. My mom always thought I was a miserable little girl, when really, I was just observing things. My grandmother was the one to realize I tend to observe and listen more than talk.

Sigh.

Latest posts

Back