checking things out - New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

story teller

Reaction score
Hi, I am just checking this site out. I am someone who likes to chat with written words versus talking face to face.
Looking for people who share common interests to chat with.

Welcome! I hear you - I prefer internet socializing over real life as well, and have found this forum to be a really nice place! What are your hobbies & interests? :)

Thanks for the welcome.
I am into writing and science fiction and fantasy. I spend a lot of time with my thoughts and writing has been good for me.

I love writing too, though I'm not very good at it (I've written a few fanfics, but nothing original!) It's a fun creative outlet... I love sci-fi and fantasy too :)

story teller said:
Hi, I am just checking this site out. I am someone who likes to chat with written words versus talking face to face.

I look forward to getting to know you :)

Hi and welcome! I love sci fi and fantasy as well, would like to chat about it sometime.
I've tried writing, but I would say I'm alot better at reading.:)
Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, glad you're here. I'm also one who prefers writing over talking. That's a sign of being an introvert, which I certainly am. Are you?

Bill

story teller said:

Ashariel said:
I love writing too, though I'm not very good at it (I've written a few fanfics, but nothing original!) It's a fun creative outlet... I love sci-fi and fantasy too :)
I have also written fanfic. I find it helps me practice my skills. I am probably not the best writer either but I have not let that stop me. I have more ideas in my head then I know what to do with.

What kind of fanfics have you written. I have written some for Merlin, Primeval and csi Miami.

wolf359 said:
Hi and welcome! I love sci fi and fantasy as well, would like to chat about it sometime.
I've tried writing, but I would say I'm alot better at reading.:)
Welcome!
[/quote

Yes, lets chat sometime. I can't say that I am that good of a writer, but I haven't let it stop me. I enjoy it and find it a rewarding challenge.

In a lonely place said:
story teller said:

I look forward to getting to know you :)

And I look forward to it as well.

Badjedidude said:
Welcome to the site.

Thanks, I am finding some kindred spirits here already.

Reno Bill said:
Welcome to the forum, glad you're here. I'm also one who prefers writing over talking. That's a sign of being an introvert, which I certainly am. Are you?

Bill

story teller said:

I guess I am also an introverted, when I want to be. I find I can be the exact opposite sometimes at work though. But that has taken time, I wasn't always like that at work.

story teller said:
What kind of fanfics have you written. I have written some for Merlin, Primeval and csi Miami.

How fun! I've written mostly Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I love anything to do with King Arthur, but haven't seen the latest Merlin series... I need to look into that! :)

I like Lord of the Rings especially, and Star Wars or Trek, but CSI Miami? That is too cool!:D

Can't say welcome because I've been suspected of being a troll. I've read Lord of the thingy more than ten times. Had a go at writing a novel. Wouldn't that be lovely, to get published. Wouldn't that be the answer to all our problems. Nice to meet you.

Latest posts

Back