Curfew

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
There's clearly no respect from child to parent, from either one to either one of you. Which I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating that can be, especially when you're looked upon to be responsible for these young teens. While I think their father needs to be more stern, no one can make him be that way. If he's not going to bustle up and do it himself, without having to be told or an argument pursuing about it, then it's probably going to remain how it is. It's a shame, though, that they seemingly have no respect for their parents. Eventually they'll learn that this world doesn't run on them doing whatever they feel like doing, when they want and how.

It's sad. They will crash and burn and take him with them.

It has been a long time since I logged in.

I tried logging in with my old username and password- lol.

I want to congratulate on your marriage. :)

To answer your question from my perspective, I do not think you are being unreasonable.

In fact, there could be a lot of people that think I am unreasonable with my daughter.

I have stated since she was a teenager:

~ Sunday - Thursday, she must be home by 22:00.

~ Friday - Saturday, she must be home by 00:00.

~ Every couple of hours, she must text where is she at.

~ And I do not care if she was 50 years old, this is the rule (as long as I am working).

I have to work for a living and I do not want to have too worry about her, if the front door is *locked, etc.

And, I believe in the old saying that nothing good happens after mid-night.

While she is turning 21 within a month, I follow the exact same exact rules even though the half-a-century mark is approaching fast for me.

****, I am getting old. :O

*The back door has never been locked within the last 22 years, but it is fenced in with two dogs and an second amendment neighbor who never misses anything.

Bones 2.0 said:
It has been a long time since I logged in.

I tried logging in with my old username and password- lol.

I want to congratulate on your marriage.  :)

To answer your question from my perspective, I do not think you are being unreasonable.

In fact, there could be a lot of people that think I am unreasonable with my daughter.

I have stated since she was a teenager:

~ Sunday - Thursday, she must be home by 22:00.

~ Friday - Saturday, she must be home by 00:00.

~ Every couple of hours, she must text where is she at.

~ And I do not care if she was 50 years old, this is the rule (as long as I am working).

I have to work for a living and I do not want to have too worry about her, if the front door is *locked, etc.

And, I believe in the old saying that nothing good happens after mid-night.

While she is turning 21 within a month, I follow the exact same exact rules even though the half-a-century mark is approaching fast for me.

****, I am getting old.  :O

*The back door has never been locked within the last 22 years, but it is fenced in with two dogs and an second amendment neighbor who never misses anything.

Bones!  So good to see you again. I hope you are doing well. 
I don't really think I'm being unrealistic either. Unfortunately, they aren't my children, so their parents get to make these calls. I will do the same when my own child is that age. 
And I swear that anyone who failed to consider my wishes in these matters now, will be shown that same courtesy when my daughter is in the same position.  :)
lol...hindsight for them will be 20/20 I guess. 
Thanks so much for your reply! 

And thank you again to everyone else who replied. 

I don't think you're unrealistic either. But it's not something you can bash into his brain. I'm sure you could handle it all on your own, but I understand you think he should be involved, and he rightfully should be. Those are his kids, and he should step up a bit more. Perhaps he feels defeated. It's a shame they can't at least work with you guys on things.

VanillaCreme said:
I don't think you're unrealistic either. But it's not something you can bash into his brain. I'm sure you could handle it all on your own, but I understand you think he should be involved, and he rightfully should be. Those are his kids, and he should step up a bit more. Perhaps he feels defeated. It's a shame they can't at least work with you guys on things.

I blame the parents. Sure, the kids are pretty self-entitled and selfish (clueless that the world doesn't really revolve around them - not even being sarcastic with that) but the parents made decisions that taught their children to be that way. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass. Unfortunately, i seem to be caught in the crossfire.

EveWasFramed said:
VanillaCreme said:

I blame the parents. Sure, the kids are pretty self-entitled and selfish (clueless that the world doesn't really revolve around them - not even being sarcastic with that) but the parents made decisions that taught their children to be that way. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass. Unfortunately, i seem to be caught in the crossfire.

Is there any way you can do a strategic stand-down? The kids are 15 and 18? One is an adult and one is headed that way relatively soon. Can you put in place the tools or systems to simply cope until they are the hell out of there? I only ask because it would be a shame for ******** teenagers to ruin your relationship. Maybe just let them run wild and you read books, take bubble baths and drink fine champagne?

bleed_the_freak said:
EveWasFramed said:
VanillaCreme said:

Is there any way you can do a strategic stand-down? The kids are 15 and 18? One is an adult and one is headed that way relatively soon. Can you put in place the tools or systems to simply cope until they are the hell out of there? I only ask because it would be a shame for ******** teenagers to ruin your relationship. Maybe just let them run wild and you read books, take bubble baths and drink fine champagne?

lol...I will be able to do just that. Having self-locking locks installed. 
The issue I have with waiting for them to be the hell out of here is that I don't feel they will ever leave. Or at least not in the next DECADE. They're being supported and that's a powerful reason to linger..

Latest posts

Back