Do you consider yourself a strong person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't consider myself a very strong person. I've been through a lot, but I don't feel strong just for surviving. I might feel strong if I were thriving, but I'm not. I'm barely able to drag myself through each day most of the time. I stress out easily and tire quickly, and even everyday things that don't seem to exhaust other people take a lot out of me. I greatly admire resilience in others, but I feel that I'm lacking.

I think i can only bench press about 150 lbs, or so right now. So i am not very strong.

johnny196775 said:
I think i can only bench press about 150 lbs, or so right now. So i am not very strong.

As long as it's clean brother....

I never really considered myself strong, personally, but everyone who knows even a portion of what I've been through will tell me I'm strong.
If I look at what I've been through, I know I must be strong, but I rarely feel that way.

overcoming-strength-picture-quote.jpg

WishingWell said:
I absolutely do. I have been through so many tough things many people say I could write a book.

Good for you.

And the writing can really be a good idea. I write someyimes in my blog as a kind of therapy.

I don't consider myself strong, although people keep telling me what a strong person I am but honestly I don't see how honestly I am. I've been through too much to consider myself a strong person. There's times where I can barely keep a straight face or even smile. One of the things that I don't like about myself is how I get angry quickly due to stress, I mostly like keeping to myself cause people exhaust me. There's days where I feel like I can handle the the weight on my shoulders and than there's days where I don't want to be bothered by anyone.

I'm not sure if taste in music would determine if a person is strong minded or not... I know taste in music has more to do with personal preference...

As far as state of mind goes, does it count if a person actually prefer solitary life? I'm more of a loner than anything else & I do enjoy alone time, perhaps more than others... I'm not sure in itself says I'm a strong minded person... I've been through my share of some tough time in my life... Life is what it is... There are aspects of it that we can't change... World will go on with or without me in it... If I were to die this very moment, in a grand scheme of things, it doesn't really change all that much... Bus schedule won't change, trash will still be picked up, businesses will still open tomorrow, etc, etc... I've accepted that... All I can do is try to make the best of what I have & what's going on around me... How's that serenity prayer go? "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference." I'm not particularly a religious person but I think it makes a lotta sense...

Those who personally know me would say I am strong based on how I have managed to pick myself up & move on from past events &/ circumstance. I however have internal battles quite often & feel drained mostly, so my strength is not so much in existence I feel. On another note I read a quote about how anxiety depletes strength, curious do you all (those who suffer from such anxiety) feel that it is true? Me thinks it does, well when anxiety is high I am emotionally unstable I would consider myself weaker.

ucxb said:
On another note I read a quote about how anxiety depletes strength, curious do you all (those who suffer from such anxiety) feel that it is true?

I think it's true. A lot of things can deplete strength.

ucxb said:
On another note I read a quote about how anxiety depletes strength, curious do you all (those who suffer from such anxiety) feel that it is true?

In a sense, yeah. I feel that it is one of the many things that simply drains your energy, though.

ucxb said:
do you all (those who suffer from such anxiety) feel that it is true? Me thinks it does, well when anxiety is high I am emotionally unstable I would consider myself weaker.

Indeed it does, in my experience.

ucxb said:
On another note I read a quote about how anxiety depletes strength, curious do you all (those who suffer from such anxiety) feel that it is true? Me thinks it does, well when anxiety is high I am emotionally unstable I would consider myself weaker.

Of course it does, because anxiety makes you doubt yourself. But, the one thing you need to remember is that the anxiety will only last as long as you let it.
Feeling weak sometimes, doesn't make you a weak person, it just makes you human. We all have our ups and downs. What matters is that you don't let yourself stay in the downs for too long.

Everyone has their weaknesses and strong points, so its hard to classify someone as one or the other.

As for myself, I'd like to think mentally I'm strong. I've had some tough times and came out stronger on the other side. Still young though, maybe I don't know myself as well as I think.

I'm not a strong person. But I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not you enjoy dark stuff like heavy metal or horror movies.

I don't consider myself weak or strong. I have moments of weakness, and I've given up on things before. I usually do my best, and do what I have to.

ucxb said:

Anxiety depletes my strength and energy. It makes everything more difficult.

Locke said:
I don't consider myself weak or strong. I have moments of weakness, and I've given up on things before. I usually do my best, and do what I have to.

Yeah, you know what? I think that most of us have a bit of weakness and a bit of strength in us. I think it mostly depends on what we are going through, how much we would fight it and how motivated and positive are we to overcome a particular situation. Sometimes we are not very positive about a particular situation, so we tend to be a little weaker in dealing with it than other times.

I think this is it. There is no one person who is just weak, or just strong. Everyone must have a bit of each, in different areas of their lives.

ladyforsaken said:
I think this is it. There is no one person who is just weak, or just strong. Everyone must have a bit of each, in different areas of their lives.

^ Yeah.

Solivagant said:
ladyforsaken said:

^ Yeah.

I agree as well.

Latest posts

Back