Do you speak foreign languages?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm half Italian and can speak it just not completely fluent. I can also speak basic French.

Other than my native English I speak Finnish and can get by in German and in French.

main: English
secondary: Tagalog(Filipino)
understand but can barely speak: Kapampangan(another Filipino dialect)

For the second time in my life, I am attempting to learn German, but it's not going brilliantly...

Mrs. Bilby was right.

Paraiyar said:
^What are you learning it with?

I'm using Duolingo. It's not a problem with the software - it's finding the time and motivation. I'm just not dedicated enough to make much progress.

I'm not fluent in any other languages, but there are a bunch I would like to learn. I've been practicing French nearly every day for over half a year now and am decent at reading it and saying basic sentences. Would also like to learn Mandarin, Japanese, and Russian.

Yes, I do. As a matter of fact, I am speaking a foreing language right now since English is my second language. :) Also, I know a little Spanish.

Parallax said:
I'm not fluent in any other languages, but there are a bunch I would like to learn. I've been practicing French nearly every day for over half a year now and am decent at reading it and saying basic sentences. Would also like to learn Mandarin, Japanese, and Russian.
I can help you with Russuan. I'm a native Russian speaker.

Romanian, German, English
used to be fluent in French and Italian, not so much anymore
understand and speak basic Spanish
want to learn Japanese, Greek and Russian

Queen of maniacs said:
Parallax said:
I can help you with Russuan. I'm a native Russian speaker.
If I ever start learning Russian, we should definitely try having conversations in it sometime. :)

Cavey said:
Paraiyar said:
^What are you learning it with?

I'm using Duolingo. It's not a problem with the software - it's finding the time and motivation. I'm just not dedicated enough to make much progress.

I was using Duolingo for German too. But I stopped. :(

Good luck, you two.

Bulgarian (my native language) and English.
Have some basic knowledge in German, Russian and Greek
Basic knowledge = "Hello!" "How are you?" "F*** off!"... you know... :)

Latest posts

Back