Do you think people use Anxiety as an excuse?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Living on dissabilty is an aweful way of living. If people are stupid enough to try to scam the government this way then let them. they are ******* idiots who would rather be poor than work. i do not think there is a lot of this going on. If there is there is nothing to do about it. So why complain at all.

johnny196775 said:
Living on dissabilty is an aweful way of living. If people are stupid enough to try to scam the government this way then let them. they are ******* idiots who would rather be poor than work. i do not think there is a lot of this going on. If there is there is nothing to do about it. So why complain at all.

There is more of it going on than you think. However, there IS something that can be done about it. REPORTING the fraud will do something about it. Any report they get, they have to investigate and they do. If they find the person is misusing the benefits or is actually committing fraud, they will terminate the benefits.

I know a person who seems to enjoy committing welfare fraud so she can be lazy and not have to get a job, although, she flat out lies about her living situation, she does not claim to have medical problems. I have reported her a few times and they have taken the welfare away each time. But she just waits a few months and reapplies with the same lies, so I report her again.

Nothing can be done to stop it if people who know about the fraud are not reporting it, whether they know the person or not. I don't care who you are, whether you are a close friend or a stranger, if I know you are committing fraud, I will report you for it, because it is WRONG and it hurts those who actually need it.

TheRealCallie said:
johnny196775 said:

There is more of it going on than you think. However, there IS something that can be done about it. REPORTING the fraud will do something about it. Any report they get, they have to investigate and they do. If they find the person is misusing the benefits or is actually committing fraud, they will terminate the benefits.

I know a person who seems to enjoy committing welfare fraud so she can be lazy and not have to get a job, although, she flat out lies about her living situation, she does not claim to have medical problems. I have reported her a few times and they have taken the welfare away each time. But she just waits a few months and reapplies with the same lies, so I report her again.

Nothing can be done to stop it if people who know about the fraud are not reporting it, whether they know the person or not. I don't care who you are, whether you are a close friend or a stranger, if I know you are committing fraud, I will report you for it, because it is WRONG and it hurts those who actually need it.
how do you judge what is fraud?

Can we just not turn this into a debate on someones "hidden" agenda. Either post on the topic or don't post a reply at all.

There are people out there who do abuse the system, which only makes it more difficult for those who do have problems. It puts an unfair stigma on people who have to live with anxiety or depression or whatever they suffer from. It's hard enough when you are surrounded by people who don't understand because they've never had to deal with any thing like that Why try to get assistance from a service where you don't know how that person is going to judge you. I'm not talking about just anxiety either, people do it for everything. I've known a few people who make false claims just to see how much they can get away with and it disgusts me. While there are people who do, and like Callie pointed out, some that do can hide it, and why? Because to me who wants to be stapled with a stigma that you are just lazy from people who just don't get it, at least that's how I feel. I don't even bother trying to explain it to people anymore, just suffer through it and hope for the best and hope no one sees you cry, that's what I do.

Sci-Fi said:
Can we just not turn this into a debate on someones "hidden" agenda. Either post on the topic or don't post a reply at all.

There are people out there who do abuse the system, which only makes it more difficult for those who do have problems. It puts an unfair stigma on people who have to live with anxiety or depression or whatever they suffer from. It's hard enough when you are surrounded by people who don't understand because they've never had to deal with any thing like that Why try to get assistance from a service where you don't know how that person is going to judge you. I'm not talking about just anxiety either, people do it for everything. I've known a few people who make false claims just to see how much they can get away with and it disgusts me. While there are people who do, and like Callie pointed out, some that do can hide it, and why? Because to me who wants to be stapled with a stigma that you are just lazy from people who just don't get it, at least that's how I feel. I don't even bother trying to explain it to people anymore, just suffer through it and hope for the best and hope no one sees you cry, that's what I do.

nice choice of words i was trying to say it like this but i guess it didnt come out right thanks for understanding but in government benefits anxiety is like the number 1 thing people go for and schizo which has something to do with social problems that can result to anxiety but a lot of people fake this and me reporting this wouldn't do no good because then its going to be so secured even if something is wrong with you its going to be more difficult due to all the frauding

johnny196775 said:
I have been unemployed for 22 years due to anziety. What your saying is just an insult. When i was working i was able to have a car and buy clothes. I miss my car and nice clothes. :(

This probably wasn't aimed at you or anxiety in general. Maybe in a small number of cases this is true, but it is a very real disorder.

Not trying to look into agenda of anyone, I dont agree with the tone the premise that OP made is being refused.
I believe there are people who use psychological diagnosis (whether properly diagnosed or not) as an excuse. How often have we heard someone say he/she is depressed, and knowing thats not the case, that they are just bored or sad a bit, and though not being really depressed.
This makes it hard for people who really do suffer from those disabilities. Because "Yeah, I had depression too, you just have to get over it", ,,Yeah, I totally have social anxiety! (while talking with a bunch of friends).
Because of abuse of those terms, lots of people who really have them are being overlooked.
So to answer the question, yes, I do think there are people who use anxiety/depression as an excuse, or just use the word loosely, falsely..

Mr.YellowCat said:
Yeah, I totally have social anxiety! (while talking with a bunch of friends).
Because of abuse of those terms, lots of people who really have them are being overlooked.

I don't agree with this. Just because a person is okay talking to a group of FRIENDS, does NOT mean they are okay talking to other people or being around people, or going out into society and being able to function well. Even with intense anxiety issues, you can still have friends and be okay being around them, if you know them well.

TheRealCallie said:
Mr.YellowCat said:

I don't agree with this. Just because a person is okay talking to a group of FRIENDS, does NOT mean they are okay talking to other people or being around people, or going out into society and being able to function well. Even with intense anxiety issues, you can still have friends and be okay being around them, if you know them well.
I agree, mental illness is not a clean cut issue, there are many factors you have to take on board before you can assess someone's mental well-being. Just because I'm comfortable talking with my friends doesn't mean I don't have anxiety, you should also take into consideration the levels of anxiety one might have. I can talk to my friend but I always have the layer of anxiety bubbling under the surface.

- I said anxiety a lot in this post. Anxiety!

I didn't want to work for a while because I was afraid of drifting further and further away from a life I would actually like. I needed some time to calm down and get a sense of myself, who I've been, who I am, and who and I want to be. When I was working, I felt like I was caught in an undertow and drowning day by day. Life was really starting to feel pointless. Waking up, forcefeeding, driving to an office to do something I had no desire to do which had nothing to do with who I wanted to be. I did not want to die, but I was also tired of living. The life of a typical office worker is hardly exciting or conversation-worthy - I just looked at myself and thought, really? This is what it all adds up to, huh? fresia. I hate this. I hate how I've turned out. I hate my life. I guess I gave up too easily, but at the time it felt pretty lousy. After all, there was nothing written in stone saying that I had to turn out like the lifers there. But at the time I couldn't see it. I thought I'd turn out just like them and there was not enough time to become someone else.

Now I'm trying to work again because not working isn't safety, it's just another undertow. But I do hope that some day I will find the answer to controlling how I make money, get good at what's important to me and find the experiences I'm looking for. There's no easy answer but there's got to be a way. I know it's real because people have done it, people are still making awesome lives for themselves all the time. Why not me too?

Littlesecret said:
TheRealCallie said:
Mr.YellowCat said:

I agree, mental illness is not a clean cut issue, there are many factors you have to take on board before you can assess someone's mental well-being. Just because I'm comfortable talking with my friends doesn't mean I don't have anxiety, you should also take into consideration the levels of anxiety one might have. I can talk to my friend but I always have the layer of anxiety bubbling under the surface.

he is not saying you do not have anxiety because you have friends... he basically saying its being overused which pretty much is...( not directing this torwards anyone )

daddymack said:
Littlesecret said:
TheRealCallie said:
Mr.YellowCat said:

he is not saying you do not have anxiety because you have friends... he basically saying its being overused which pretty much is...

Yes, that is what he's saying. HOWEVER, you can't know if the person doesn't have serious anxiety issues just from them telling a group of friends that they have anxiety.
His examples are not accurate and don't necessarily mean someone is overusing the terms.

TheRealCallie said:
daddymack said:
Littlesecret said:
TheRealCallie said:
Mr.YellowCat said:

he is not saying you do not have anxiety because you have friends... he basically saying its being overused which pretty much is...

Yes, that is what he's saying. HOWEVER, you can't know if the person doesn't have serious anxiety issues just from them telling a group of friends that they have anxiety.
His examples are not accurate and don't necessarily mean someone is overusing the terms.

you can tell when someone has anxiety if you around them long enough... just because you think you look like no one will ever know trust me some people know.... you just thinking your hiding it....
but i do not want to get into a debate about that... because of course your going to say how ? but it isn't how because its different cases so each person shows they anxiety differently even when their trying to hide it....
it doesn't exactly mean its overused but in many cases it is .....

daddymack said:
beautiful loser said:
*here we go again* So, should I have a slice of cake before dinner?

lol wow v

I nit pick one sentence and go off with it, do I?

I don't care if you edited the **** post, I saw the original message. If I see something wrong with ONE sentence, YES, I will quote it and "nit pick" it. ESPECIALLY if it is WRONG.

TheRealCallie said:
beautiful loser said:
*here we go again* So, should I have a slice of cake before dinner?

The answer is ALWAYS have cake before dinner.
And share this time. :p

A slice for you, RC :)
i2prhs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back