Do you think people use Anxiety as an excuse?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheRealCallie said:
daddymack said:
beautiful loser said:
*here we go again* So, should I have a slice of cake before dinner?

lol wow v

I nit pick one sentence and go off with it, do I?

I don't care if you edited the **** post, I saw the original message. If I see something wrong with ONE sentence, YES, I will quote it and "nit pick" it. ESPECIALLY if it is WRONG.

lol because i do not feel like debating your with non sense because your lack of comprehension is off....

TheRealCallie said:
daddymack said:
beautiful loser said:
*here we go again* So, should I have a slice of cake before dinner?

lol wow v

I nit pick one sentence and go off with it, do I?

I don't care if you edited the **** post, I saw the original message. If I see something wrong with ONE sentence, YES, I will quote it and "nit pick" it. ESPECIALLY if it is WRONG.

you think have the answers but you really do not... you have social anxiety ( you claim ) i do not i go around asking many people questions about this kinda of stuff plus other things like religion, sex, relationships, ive talk to many people about things and sum it up while your just go based off only your own experience or so called friends..... your close minded, do not think out side the box, and you do not understand a lot of stuff you read

daddymack said:
lol because i do not feel like debating your with non sense because your lack of comprehension is off....

you think have the answers but you really do not... you have social anxiety ( you claim ) i do not i go around asking many people questions about this kinda of stuff plus other things like religion, sex, relationships, ive talk to many people about things and sum it up while your just go based off only your own experience or so called friends..... your close minded, do not think out side the box, and you do not understand a lot of stuff you read

Oh, so YOU can post honeysuckle based on YOUR experience and what people have told YOU, yet you claim I can't? You don't know where I get my information, so don't sit there and think that you do. I never said it's based on my experience and my friends. I said I've been through it and I have friends that have been through it, but I NEVER said that that is what I base my information on.
The only problem with my comprehension is trying to read the grammatical messes you compose.

beautiful loser said:
A slice for you, RC :)
i2prhs.jpg

Yum, that looks delicious! Thanks :D

TheRealCallie said:
daddymack said:

Oh, so YOU can post honeysuckle based on YOUR experience and what people have told YOU, yet you claim I can't? You don't know where I get my information, so don't sit there and think that you do. I never said it's based on my experience and my friends. I said I've been through it and I have friends that have been through it, but I NEVER said that that is what I base my information on.
The only problem with my comprehension is trying to read the grammatical messes you compose.

well i volunteer at an mental hospital im pretty sure i would know more..... and outside the hospital i do all this for a living its something i enjoy doing

getting papers asking people watching making polls... ask any questions how they feel about gays lesbians how they feel about bums on the street how they feel about fast food marriage the government i do this all day long on my spare time

TheRealCallie said:
daddymack said:

beautiful loser said:
A slice for you, RC :)
i2prhs.jpg

Yum, that looks delicious! Thanks :D

earlier you stated you had anxiety but okay whatever....

What is the sage wisdom we are to glean from this screed? I think we can pound the "some people lie about having anxiety to get benefits" issue over and over again and not learn anything new.

daddymack said:
i know some people have serious issues, but i just believe a lot of people are using the excuse to not get a jobs go to school or doing something to move forward with their life, again im not talking about all people who claim to have social anxiety but i feel like its unfair to those who have a serious problem with anxiety

what do you think ?

I agree with this.

daddymack said:
i know some people have serious issues, but i just believe a lot of people are using the excuse to not get a jobs go to school or doing something to move forward with their life, again im not talking about all people who claim to have social anxiety but i feel like its unfair to those who have a serious problem with anxiety

what do you think ?

The question is in the title, and I should say that of course there are people who use it as an excuse. But in my experience, it is hard to tell whether they are using it as an excuse, so I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, besides I have experienced anxiety in one way or another and it really isn't easy, it's like your mindset just totally shifts (and I don't have a history of anxiety personally). So I can relate and understand a little bit with people who do have it.

Honestly I think this is something you can't really fix. It's hard to determine who's lying or who's not about it, sure it is unfair and all that jazz but that's life isn't it? Nothing's fair, there are robbers, burglars, cheats... you can never have zero numbers of these people same goes for those who fake their anxiety.

Can we stop arguing in this thread though, because it's really pointless, I think.

Anxiety should not be used as an excuse to avoid taking responsibility for your life, like not looking for a job for example.

but...I have a high degree of social anxiety at times, enough to make it difficult to say 'hello' or smile at the appropriate moments. Statements like that are a kick in the guts and only make things worse. On particularly bad days at work I find myself inadvertently offending people, coming across rude, getting extremely paranoid about minor things and there are usually consequences further down the track.

Copy the last sentiment - sure there are fraudsters in every walk of life, but genuine full-scale social anxiety is unremitting, disabling & destroying. It`s perhaps a noble concept to presume people can live a normal life with SAD, but regrettably the reality is often that normal functions, such as full-time work, are impossible to endure. This is NOT a cop-out in genuine cases - I know: I had to give up a successful career because the day-to-day stresses of social pressures became intolerable.

Copy the last sentiment - sure there are fraudsters in every walk of life, but genuine full-scale social anxiety is unremitting, disabling & destroying. It`s perhaps a noble concept to presume people can live a normal life with SAD, but regrettably the reality is often that normal functions, such as full-time work, are impossible to endure. This is NOT a cop-out in genuine cases - I know: I had to give up a successful career because the day-to-day stresses of social pressures became intolerable.

Okay this is done, people don't want to listen.

Stop trolling, stop antagonizing, stop bickering, just stop all of it. Getting really tired of this nonsense going on. The more people post in topics they only want to argue in the more it just continues. If you just ignore it or ignore people, then it goes away and all interest is lost and whatever someone is trying to achieve goes no where. But sitting here constantly debating it only feeds that. If you want to keep feeding it and keep arguing we'll start giving people time off the forum without a warning, especially the ones we see doing this all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back