Does anybody else have this problem? If so, what solution(s) have worked for you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2a8z

Reaction score
Does anybody else have this problem?
If so, what solution(s) have worked for you?

I have never been very social and do not have any friends.
I remain reluctant to tell potential employers about my problems,
involving social anxiety.

In the near future, I intend to become a volunteer with a local Brain Injury Association.
Maybe there I can make a few friends, while simply volunteering!

Without actually making friends in and out of the workplace, in order to provide a potential employer with reference information,
does anyone have any solutions to this type of problem involving employability?

Does anybody else have this problem?
What solutions have worked for you?

I get anxious in certain social situations, but I've learned that it's perfectly natural. I try to tell myself that I'm there of my own free will, and that I want this to happen. I want to work, especially in an enviornment that is geared towards personal growth and friend making. I want to meet new, exciting people. I try to be myself and let everything go its course. As long as I make myself calm, appear calm, then folks tend to gravitate towards that positive vibe. It works, you just really have to calm yourself down and remind yourself that you're a great person! :)

As for volunteering, I think that's a great idea! It's always great getting involved in your community and I find it's a perfect way of helping people and making new friends. I highly recommend it :)

Best of luck

Latest posts

Back