Does anyone believe in this crap?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is truth in this, but it doesn't bother me.

The vast majority of males are never going to be the complete package: tall, lean and muscular, handsome, rich, intelligent, confident.

Just like the vast majority of women do not look good unless they put on makeup, wear a really nice outfit, and have a plastic surgery or two.

Look it's the game of life, people, 99% of us are 99 percenters by definition.

lonelydoc said:

The vast majority of males are never going to be the complete package: tall, lean and muscular, handsome, rich, intelligent, confident.

Just like the vast majority of women do not look good unless they put on makeup, wear a really nice outfit, and have a plastic surgery or two.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? What world do you live in?

There are lots of guys who aren't your definition of the entire package who do just fine for themselves.

There are plenty of women who look beautiful without without makeup or plastic surgery. And tight outfits are not what makes a woman look good, some can look trashy and horrible in them. It's the way they carry and present themselves not what they wear.

AnonymousMe said:
So am I the only one that believes in that crap? =(

Believing in such things is highly destructive, because it gets your mind into an ongoing spiral of self-analysis, comparison to others, worries about whether you're going to improve or not improve, and so on and so forth.

I've not believed in rankings the way this person does in the link you gave, but in other ways, with endless comparisons and envy, fueling anger and self-destructive tendencies.

I'm quite serious about this, the more you think about this stuff, the more it will ruin your life.

Triple Bogey said:
life is all about pecking order
so romance, dating and love will come into that.
You don't see a very attractive person with a unattractive one.
Never happens. Everybody has a level.

People date in their attractiveness group.
Other factors come into it though.

How far has this belief gotten you?

Whether it is true or partly true does not matter... it's the effect it has on you, which is to cause endless negativity.

Triple Bogey said:
life is all about pecking order

AnonymousMe said:
All in all, I do agree with the text, but in the end, it boils down to the size of their wallets.

lonelydoc said:

Ridiculous.

It's pretty sad that anyone would let some lame internet meme tell them who they are. I live my life how I want, and I don't let anyone or anything label me (least of all some dumb list found on Imgur). And guess what? I'm doing fine. I have a good life and a amazing girlfriend.

lonelydoc said:

So nice of you to tell us what the "complete package" is. =/ Since it's so vague, it's also meaningless. Physical attractiveness is subjective, so the first four examples you gave are out. Not everyone cares about money, most people just want enough to be happy and live a good life. Which again is subjective, so there goes your 5th example. Intelligence, huh? Who are you to say what the right amount of intelligence is? Anyone can have confidence in who they are, but they probably won't if they share your views.

As for the stuff about women: You assume every guy is attracted to makeup and plastic surgery? They're not. I don't even know what to say about the outfit comment. What, like a skimpy outfit? *Shrugs* A girl wearing a skimpy outfit and lots of makeup, who has had plastic surgery... No.

None of this is up to you, thankfully. If it were the human race would be doomed. You speak in vague generalizations because that's all you have to back up your argument. You can't possibly prove you're right, you have no idea what everyone in the world wants.

This is all your opinion of course, calling it an argument is unfair to you. But it comes off as extremely shallow. It has no effect on me: I'm living proof that you're wrong. But for your own sake, I hope you try to get past this kind of thinking. Be who you are without letting people label you, and don't try to label others. You'll be better off.

Not really. Clearly made by a sexually frustrated teen, or perhaps even 20-something. I used to be stuck in that scene too, but the sooner you break free from it, the better. Well, it was for me anyway.

I wonder what kind of life people led to believe in this kind of thing, to be honest...

^ It's quite a prevelant mindset, sadly. Mostly white guys, i think, who feel they are privileged to certain things. Though that's a very risky assumption to make, i'm aware.

EDIT: That was stupid, disregard that!

Rosebolt said:
^ It's quite a prevelant mindset, sadly. Mostly white guys, i think, who feel they are privileged to certain things. Though that's a very risky assumption to make, i'm aware.

Risky, indeed. What the hell does color/race have anything to do with this? WHITE people are not the only people who think they are entitled. Last I checked, that occurred no matter what color/race/nationality/gender you are.

Funny all the men pictured in the beta and omega categories are much better looking than me.

In "mostly crap" theories there is an element of truth as well (grossly simplified and exaggerated)

Where's the social hierarchy for women?

ardour said:
Funny all the men pictured in the beta and omega categories are much better looking than me.

In "mostly crap" theories there is an element of truth as well (grossly simplified and exaggerated)

Where's the social hierarchy for women?

Facts when grossly simplified and exaggerated are just as dishonest and misleading as complete lies. Perhaps even more so, for having "an element of truth as well".

The social hierarchy for women is probably out there, but my guess is that most women are not interested on that.

TheRealCallie said:
Rosebolt said:

Risky, indeed. What the hell does color/race have anything to do with this? WHITE people are not the only people who think they are entitled. Last I checked, that occurred no matter what color/race/nationality/gender you are.

Yeah, it was just an observation i made back then. I'm not educated enough on this subject lol, i'll stay out of it before i say more stupid things. xD

Ymir said:
Facts when grossly simplified and exaggerated are just as dishonest and misleading as complete lies. Perhaps even more so, for having "an element of truth as well".

agree..using recognisable social observations can make theories such as this seem a little more credible.

Ymir said:
The social hierarchy for women is probably out there, but my guess is that most women are not interested on that.

Most people, if they were honest, would admit to being interested in how they could be perceived in relation to others. Women are no different in this. It's probably less socially acceptable to make a crass theory about it.

VanillaCreme said:
That's the biggest truck load of horse manure I've ever read in my life. Attractiveness is so subjective. How could one even classify attractiveness levels for anyone but themselves...

Attractiveness is partly based personal preference, but there are certain (almost) universals too. It's naive to think someone's 'success' with the opposite sex wasn't predicted in part by that. Better looking and extroverted people tend to find relationships more easily and that's just a fact of life. The quality of those relationships and whether they last is another matter.

When i think of the alpha man. I think of the animal kingdom. Not humans.

lonelydoc said:

For once I'm not going to waste my time trying to prove this incorrect. So I've only one response to this:

3895819-4129409267-tumbl.gif

Rosebolt said:

Just couldn't resist throwing the race card in the mix- so classy :rolleyes:

WildernessWildChild said:
Rosebolt said:

Just couldn't resist throwing the race card in the mix- so classy :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the mindless statement, it was stupid!

I certainly think this exists, on some level. I mean, I've seen firsthand too many examples of these to say that things don't work that way. Social pecking orders do exist. There are people who are good at life - that is, they are good at getting what they want, be it health, wealth, hobbies and activities, socializing, attraction, and so on. And there are people who aren't because they don't understand how it works yet. That's where I'd say I am. I'm trying to figure out the game of how things work, how to get what I want. That's what I think it means to be good at life - to be good at getting what you want. Barring extreme physical or mental conditions, people aren't born either superhuman or completely screwed.

And that's where my opinion differs. I think these categories exist in a way, but it's not so rigid and unbreakable. There is room for mobility, either up or down. I'd say I'm pretty down right now, but there's a nonzero chance I could move up the ladder some way. I'd say I make it harder on myself because I don't just want to make it, I want to make it in a specific way. If I didn't believe in anything and didn't care about being a good person or much of anything except gratification, then I'd do the "bad boy" thing too and become "alpha" because it works. If you are into certain things...cough*bikes, guns, tattoos, booze/drugs*cough you WILL get female attention. The problem is, I don't want to be that. I couldn't live with myself, I would feel like such a lowlife. I'm not interested in those things and I don't want to pretend. I want to make it, and I want to make it as me. Unfortunately, that means I have to do it the hard way.

I think you can become a top-tier person if you get in shape, are smart, have your finances at least in order, and have a lot of interesting things about you, a lot to talk about. It doesn't mean you have to be exactly like those pictures of "alphas". You just have to have yourself together.

I'm not an alpha, not a beta, not an omega. I'm a Farquaad.

PitttUn.gif

jjessea said:
I'm not an alpha, not a beta, not an omega. I'm a Farquaad.

PitttUn.gif

Just out of curiosity, what does that mean? I don't get it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back