Does anyone else think this way !?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I was lonely about 2 years and i reconnected with my old friends and everything is perfect once again i felt happy again and suddenly i started thinking about how every mans life must end at some point in life and that whatever we do is worthless because of that.... So i ask my self whats the point of living than, most people says its giving your self some future plan/challenge like finishing school, getting married, getting a child and stuff which than make you happy but that doesn't work for me because i don't have any plans.

I've had something similar because in the last few years, I'm past halfway in my life. If I think back to when I was a child, then think ahead the same number of years, I will be dead. It is actually somewhat of a bummer.

You need to make your own purpose in life, or else, you're just existing.

that's why a lot of old people are depressed, because they no longer have goals in life

You seem to feel purposeless, which is somewhat amazing if you'd ask me. Why because a lot of people don't feel this kind of "awareness" because they are so distracted in their own busy life's. But you do see this awareness when others don't even would think that it exists. Anyway enough of this methodical thinking, you lack purpose and drive. You need to find your reasoning in life and your existance in it. I could plainly tell you where to go but it would sound so corny you would completely dismiss my advice, so I'm just going to let you find this "purpose" on your own : )

you know whats weird this people saying like it happens during your 20s or up but i thought like this ever since i was 5
seriously
i process naturally negative thoughts everyday, for every single thing that goes wrong

i see how it increases the "wrongs" but with your self

its terrible,
dont think like this! find something to let this kind of emotions go,
i mean forums are good i guess but how bout some nice personal poetry
it will help you for the rest of your life

or try to make music that represents that feeling or art

but dont let this feelings grow as yull have a mentally miserableness life like me,,,

so let it out

Enjoy life. Period.

If you can't, like most of us, try to make it better.

My opinion: Why we live.

1-12: Enjoying your family
12-24: Enjoying School/College/University, friends, opposite-sex, freedom, independence.
24-50: Earning your own money, enjoying your OWN family and friends, watch your children grow up.
50+: Enjoying grandkids, enjoying your retired life, includes a lot of bingo!
And then...Rest in Peace.

Yeah I have those thoughts often and one can't help but have, sometimes I think I'm still young so why think like that but then it hits me I'll get my degrees in a few years, work a job and then go down the road to death...and I think to myself "really, is that all there is too life?"...Ah...but I always snap out of it...but yeah at some point I think we all think this.

No, because there is also triumph and trial. What is it that makes you happy?

Its a bit like saying, "Oh, what's the point to video games? They're all going to end and then someone will make something new." Well, yes, but its /fun/ to play through their cycle too.

40somethingguy said:
I've had something similar because in the last few years, I'm past halfway in my life. If I think back to when I was a child, then think ahead the same number of years, I will be dead. It is actually somewhat of a bummer.

I know exactly what you mean. The 40s are that tricky milestone. :/

the point is:

any of us could be dead tomorrow.

so counting the years does no good.

kindster said:
I was lonely about 2 years and i reconnected with my old friends and everything is perfect once again i felt happy again and suddenly i started thinking about how every mans life must end at some point in life and that whatever we do is worthless because of that.... So i ask my self whats the point of living than, most people says its giving your self some future plan/challenge like finishing school, getting married, getting a child and stuff which than make you happy but that doesn't work for me because i don't have any plans.
Let me put my two cents in, if I may, and you can take it with a grain of salt if you so desire.
I had no plans during my younger days but I had one ambition.And that one ambition was to become an old man.Well, that ambition came true and now things couldn't be better, other than looking eternity square in the eye every day.But the seconds, minutes, hours and days are so precious now that I try to soak them up like a sponge. This is indeed my "Golden Years".Best of luck to you, and like someone said... just keep on keepin' on!

Hello Kindster:

You are getting mixed answers.

My opinion is that you enjoy your time right now. I believe in God and I don't know if you do. I feel even though I have no plans for the future that I am just the place I am supposed to be right now. I believe that at any time, something may come to mind that I will want to pursue, and then I will do so. You just can't force youself to have a purpose in life, because you will be grasping at straws.

Just have fun with your friends now, and keep yourself open to anything/everything that may interest you. Then go for it! The best to you!

Hello Kindster:

You are getting mixed answers.

My opinion is that you enjoy your time right now. I believe in God and I don't know if you do. I feel even though I have no plans for the future that I am just the place I am supposed to be right now. I believe that at any time, something may come to mind that I will want to pursue, and then I will do so. You just can't force youself to have a purpose in life, because you will be grasping at straws.

Just have fun with your friends now, and keep yourself open to anything/everything that may interest you. Then go for it! The best to you!

Live in this moment. People usually think too much past and then they are worried about the future.

Live in the moment. :)

Latest posts

Back