Does Anyone Keep a Diary, Blog or Personal Journal?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
Why do you do it & how long have you been doing it?

I don't because I have no life and am boring. But if anyone does keep an online blog please post the link. I would love to read it for the above reasons.

Aswell I am looking for someone to stalk. I need a hobby.

I don't keep a diary, but at times when it's hard to bear, I write something, a post or thread and then find myself deleting it or clicking back. But now I am thinking, a diary could be helpful.

I don't keep a diary but I do talk to myself which helps with the lonelyness.

Has anyone read Misery?

The insane killer featured in that book has a "happy place" that she rather disturbingly journeys to to scream her anger out without anyone hearing.

My "blog" is much the same, and is simply an explosion of my sheer frustration and anger when it starts to get too much for me to handle. So it's safe to say that I won't be linking it, and I hope no one ever sees it :p

I used to do the written diary thing as a teen and I had an online diary but I stopped awhile ago. The only time I feel like writing something is if somethings on my mind and I type it on notepad and delete afterwards. :p

I do have a personal journal (or diary.. I don't know the difference) that I've kept since grade 7. The contents of it mostly address issues with loneliness, school, and hopeless infatuations.

I used to from 2004-2007, but I think I'm going to go back to that again. I had a journal when I was in high school. I had too many things going on and I had to get them out somehow. It's the only thing I could. It's 3 written journals, completed with magazine cutouts and stickers. I also drew pictures and got all creative with my writing. I even had conversations with my broken heart. It seems sad, but hey I was having fun being creative and I got everything out at the same time. Some of the stuff I have are pretty fun lol. I still have them:) I might do a flashback one, and but everything that happened in my college years. From happiness, to surprises to problems and achievements. I know many say the past is the past and never look back, but when it comes to achievements, it's always good to look back at what you achieved.

I have kept a dream journal for the past two years now.

The "dream" was so powerful that it changed my life and my entire belief system.

Danielle said:
Ive been keeping journals since i was 11 years old... i have always hand written them.... i find it relaxing. I have always put the full date and time of writing at the top of the page...

I did eventually organize them all.. but it was easy, seeing as tho i had all the dates on everything. I usually write in note books... so when i fill it up... i just move onto the next one.

I love to read through my old journals.. to see how far i have come, or to see if there is something i am stuck on...

I have done the very same thing, I have a closet full of my life journals... with full dates, time, and even the weekday... also when I do puzzles, or colour in colour books, or even a doodle, I put the date and time, and where I was (IE- reading a book in DRs office) when I look back in some of my puzzle books it takes me right back to the very day I wrote it (:)

I used to but someone very close to me stole them, made photocopies of the most humiliating parts and distributed them to various individuals, including my current therapist.
It sounds like a scene from a movie, but no. It happens in real life too.
The shame was so great that it pretty much ruined me for writing.

roguewave said:
I used to but someone very close to me stole them, made photocopies of the most humiliating parts and distributed them to various individuals, including my current therapist.

foreverdita.com

protect with password and make it private?

SophiaGrace said:
roguewave said:

foreverdita.com

I've considering keeping an online diary but what holds me back is the fear that the same thing will happen again. Of course, it won't but the fear is still there. That person was trying to "help me" btw, which made it even worse.

You didn't ask for help though.

People want to help those that don't want help.

IMO it usually produces bad results.

roguewave said:
SophiaGrace said:
roguewave said:

foreverdita.com

I've considering keeping an online diary but what holds me back is the fear that the same thing will happen again. Of course, it won't but the fear is still there. That person was trying to "help me" btw, which made it even worse.

Was this person trying to teach you to be more open in how and what you communicate to others?

I still use LiveJournal, because I can't rant about how much I resent my real life friends to my real life friends on Facebook.

FreedomFromLiberty said:
roguewave said:
SophiaGrace said:
roguewave said:

foreverdita.com

Was this person trying to teach you to be more open in how and what you communicate to others?

I'm going to guess they were very dark writings, which is why the foolish individual thought it would be wise to send them to the therapist.

FreedomFromLiberty said:
roguewave said:
SophiaGrace said:
roguewave said:

foreverdita.com

I don't think so. I'm not sure what they were trying to teach me. Edit: I take that back. This person was an older relative and I was a defiant punk ass teen. I think they were trying to prove to me that they had total power over my life and by making my inner life public, had the power to shame me into submission. It worked.

flaneur said:
I still use LiveJournal, because I can't rant about how much I resent my real life friends to my real life friends on Facebook.

FreedomFromLiberty said:
roguewave said:
SophiaGrace said:
roguewave said:

foreverdita.com

I'm going to guess they were very dark writings, which is why the foolish individual thought it would be wise to send them to the therapist.

Surprisingly no. I wrote about my struggles in detail but it wasn't particularly depressive and I wasn't suicidal.

Latest posts

Back