Does this girl like me or not?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Innerpeace

Okay heres the story. I'm in my last year of university (22) and last semester on the last week of classes I started talking to this girl in class and found out she lives in the same city as me so I offered to drive her home (1 hour drive) and she accepted and I started driving her after class back home every class for that week.

we exhanged phone numbers and emails and we also met up to study together at the library.

then I asked her to help me with a project by helping me make my video interview and that day was the last day I saw her (2.5 weeks ago) she seemed uninterested in me on that day. She kept on saying she has got to leave soon (said she has to pick up her sister but I thougth she was just making and excuse to leave).

anyways I felt rejected and that she didn't realy want to be around me so I didn't call her after that day and classes had ended so we would not see each other anymore.

I forgot about her then on christmas she sent me a text message saying merry christmas.

so I thought I should phone her up and tell her merry christmas too but I did this 2 days after christmas as I checked my new message yesterday on the 27th.

so I phoned her and I talked to her for like 4 minutes on the phone asked her how she is she said she's looking for a new job etc.

when I was going to say bye to her, I said merry christmas and have a good new year and was going to say bye and she said, hey we should meet up sometimes to chat and seh said I'll send you a text message.

that was yesterday though. should i just wait for her to text me? how long should I wait 3days a week? or should I text her first or call her.

and where should I tell her to come out with me too? she is pretty shy I think and I have a feeling she doesn't have many friends ( I have no friends). I asked her what she was doing and she said just spending time with her family on christmas.

when we were chatting also during the last week of school she mentioned to me how she had a crush on my work boss when she was in elementary school and i thought that was weird thing to tell me? no?

doesn't that usually mean she doesn't like you?

anyways what do you guys think I should do? I dont' want to look desperate. she also once told me while she was in my car about this guy that kept on phoning her and she didn't like him and how he was so cocky and she had to delete him from facebook.

that's why I layed off phoning her or texting her until she sent me that merry christmas text.

I hate waiting though but I don't want to come off as a desperate loser that has no friends and she's the only person I have to talk to.

Maybe she sees you as a friend. I don't know why, but some people tend to think that every person who sends them a text or an e-mail, or is nice to them likes them. Perhaps she told you about the crush and all that just to be talking. I wouldn't suggest looking or thinking too much into it. Maybe you're just someone cool to talk to and to be around.

well how would I know if she likes me as a friend or is attracted to me.

that's why I'm not sure if I should phone her up in a few days and ask her to come out with me? I don't even know where to ask her to come out with me to? if she doesn't like me more than a friend I wouldn't want to make it into a date.

I also don't want to go out with her and not know if she likes me or just wants to be friends.

I know for a fact that she is pretty shy and quiet type.

on the phone she is the one that said we should meet up sometime to "chat" and said i'll send you a text later so she probably meant that she would contact me when she wants to meet up. so should i just keep on waiting for her to phone me or should I just call her.

she also doesn't really call me and sends me texts instead probably because she si shy?

I'd say she is she confident people would text jokes or just a few words that you could reply back with. I'd say take it slow get to know each other first like what she's really like. Hard I no but you could develope a friendship first before moving on to a relationship. If she's shy this will take some time.

samba101 said:
I'd say she is she confident people would text jokes or just a few words that you could reply back with. I'd say take it slow get to know each other first like what she's really like. Hard I no but you could develop a friendship first before moving on to a relationship. If she's shy this will take some time.

This. Just be yourself and don't over analyze everything. If you want to meet her sometime/somewhere specifically text or call her and make a suggestion like you would a friend. Thats not desperate thats just normal. If you are both after the same thing it will happen naturally, and if not, well then you might make a new good friend right?

Wait a couple days, if you don't hear from her. Just text her a little message saying hi. Keep it a friendly type thing. After you make contact with her. Ask her to go get a coffee or something simple. Make it a place that is "neutral". If she is a shy person, then she may not know how to approach the subject anymore than you do. Go into the entire thing as if you are making a friend. If something else comes of it then let that happen. Don't over analyze things.

i bet she's on this forum asking about what she should do about this guy she likes (YOU). just call her, she will be thrilled...i know i would if a guy called me

Yeah maybe shes shy... If it were me, i'd much rather hang out with him with a group of other friends instead of just 1 on 1 (alot of pressure, you know?) And i reckon we don't mind mentioning random crushes because it's kind of a way to check out if you get jealous/like us :p

thats just my opinion. :p good luck

Send her a message in a couple days just..."hey just saying hi. Was thinking of going to see a movie and if you're bored or feel like going out somewhere give me a shout and we can go together."

Start like that. If she's interested she'll take you up on it. If now she'll make an excuse. Don't name a date...if she asks when just say whenever you feel like it. That way she wont have an excuse for the day you choose. If she still comes up with an excuse...don't even bother she's probably not interested. The sooner the date she chooses the more likely that there is some sort of interest...maybe very unsure but at least you'll know.

Latest posts

Back