Dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gutted

Reaction score
I would like to know some stuff about Dreams~

Do you have them often?
Do you have more good dreams then bad dreams?
Do you ever act on anything that has happened in a dream?
How do dreams effect you, if at all?
Do you remember dreams well?

Any info you'd like to share, I'd like to hear. I'm curious as I had a dream last night that triggered such thoughts.

Some people may have seen me mention in the past, this Norwegian Girl that I liked for a while. After getting on with this Girl for over a year, I told her I liked her. I had been making it obvious with the things that I said for a long time. But she didn't seem to notice. When I told her, she didn't go all weird on me. But she did say that for obvious reasons, we couldn't go out. The sweet thing that she did say was that if the circumstances were different, she'd definitely go out with me. In typical fashion though, I've seen the negative over the positive and so I have avoided talking to her much for a few months now. I did this to let my feelings settle down. Knowing the type of person I am, I'd only keep liking her more and maybe even keep nagging her if I talked to her like I used to. So anyway, things were going great until last night. For some reason, I had a dream where she and I were not going out, but she was living with me at my house. We spent plenty of time together and did all sorts. It was really nice.

Annoyingly, my alarm went off at 8:30 so the dream was cut short. I was enjoying it so much, I tried to go back to sleep. That plan failed though. Thanks to that dream, I seem to have all these squidgy feelings for this Girl again. It's weird but nice. I plan to tell her when she is around next. She'll laugh. It's very interesting to see how dreams effect me. I'm curious as to how dreams effect other people. Maybe I'm not alone with this sorta thing.

All in all, my dreams tend to portray not a perfect life, but a realistic alternative better life. I can't fly or kill people or do anything I can't do in the real world. But my dreams often seem to happen the way I'd like life to happen. It's as if what happens in my dreams can be made to happen in the real world with the right things going on. If that makes sense. It's like my dreams tell me -This is what could happen if you were luckier and did some things different-

I have recurring dreams. One is of a big monster-type (usually a dinosaur) chasing me, I fall into a crevice and it tries to stomp me to death. I always wake up at that point. The other is of a blind priest running out of a big white house, chasing me and even though he's blind, I can feel him always right behind me, scratching my back with his finger nails. I've had these dreams since I was a teenager. I've analyzed them, I know that the chasing is me running from something. The priest is an authority figure, or someone I want to confide in. Scratching means anxiety. Blind is being lost or not being able to see things. Dinosaurs mean primitive power or tendencies. Being killed or attempted to be killed is a feeling of being victimized.

Now, I take all this with a little bit of a grain of salt, but all the symbols do have a lot of meaning for me. In fact, I had that priest dream last night again. I know why I dream when I do, but for some reason they won't stop.

I don't let them affect me too much because I'm used to them, but I still have to wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me after all these years. Or is it that I have too much of a wild imagination? Not sure.

Do you have them often? Of course.
Do you have more good dreams then bad dreams? Not sure.
Do you ever act on anything that has happened in a dream? No.
How do dreams effect you, if at all? Depending on the dream, a lot.
Do you remember dreams well? Again, depending on the dream, yes.

If you search the forum you'll find A LOT of threads about dreams. You might find things you are wondering about in them.

Seems like your mind was creating something you are longing for with someone you felt a connection with. Maybe your dreams are trying to tell you it's time to get more serious with your life and have that dream come true.

Montreal Skye said:
I have recurring dreams. One is of a big monster-type (usually a dinosaur) chasing me, I fall into a crevice and it tries to stomp me to death. I always wake up at that point. The other is of a blind priest running out of a big white house, chasing me and even though he's blind, I can feel him always right behind me, scratching my back with his finger nails. I've had these dreams since I was a teenager. I've analyzed them, I know that the chasing is me running from something. The priest is an authority figure, or someone I want to confide in. Scratching means anxiety. Blind is being lost or not being able to see things. Dinosaurs mean primitive power or tendencies. Being killed or attempted to be killed is a feeling of being victimized.

Now, I take all this with a little bit of a grain of salt, but all the symbols do have a lot of meaning for me. In fact, I had that priest dream last night again. I know why I dream when I do, but for some reason they won't stop.

I don't let them affect me too much because I'm used to them, but I still have to wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me after all these years. Or is it that I have too much of a wild imagination? Not sure.

Wow. How many times would you say you've had that dream?

I've never had re-occuring dreams, aside from maybe the same dream twice. But never more. For some reason, I imagine there being a point of which you realize you're dreaming because you've been there so much. Then I imagine you being able to control the dream. But I guess that isn't the case because at the time you don't know you're dreaming.

Sci-Fi said:
Do you have them often? Of course.
Do you have more good dreams then bad dreams? Not sure.
Do you ever act on anything that has happened in a dream? No.
How do dreams effect you, if at all? Depending on the dream, a lot.
Do you remember dreams well? Again, depending on the dream, yes.

If you search the forum you'll find A LOT of threads about dreams. You might find things you are wondering about in them.

Seems like your mind was creating something you are longing for with someone you felt a connection with. Maybe your dreams are trying to tell you it's time to get more serious with your life and have that dream come true.

My Bad Sci-Fi lol. I don't search for existing topics much >_>' I assume they will be a bit too old to bump. Else I'd see them without needing to find em' But I will try to change my habit :D

Off to Norway I go~ In my dreams :'] I would love for this dream to come true. There is a very very slim chance it will. As it turns out that this Girl may be moving to London for a bit next year [Or Manchester] P.S, I can't do Brackets. Apologies x]

Gutted said:
Wow. How many times would you say you've had that dream?

I've never had re-occuring dreams, aside from maybe the same dream twice. But never more. For some reason, I imagine there being a point of which you realize you're dreaming because you've been there so much. Then I imagine you being able to control the dream. But I guess that isn't the case because at the time you don't know you're dreaming.

Gosh...hundreds, thousands of times? 25+ years of these 2 dreams. I occasionally have dreams of other things, like, current things and people in my life, but usually it's priest or dinosaur. I'd LOVE to be somehow aware when I'm dreaming so I could turn around and ask that priest to tell me what he sees me running from, why he's scratching me and causing me such fear; or why that large dinosaur wants to stomp out my existence.

I mean, I've been through a lot, and I know the dinosaur one is basically me having a primal urge to kill myself. That's a recurring thought I've had since I was 8 years old, so that's not really a surprise. I know that when I have the dino dream, it's because I've faced some kind of trauma that makes me question if life is worth it or not.

The priest one is much more frequent though. I'm quite sure it has to do with a childhood trauma and maybe the fact that I haven't quite healed from it yet. But the old adage is that once you understand the dream, it's supposed to go away. So it's possible I just haven't figured things out yet.

Oddly enough, I don't seem to have many dreams at all anymore. There has been a few that I've woken up from with such a sense of relief. Not always bad ones. Sometimes just plain weird.

Do you have them often?

Yes

Do you have more good dreams then bad dreams?

Not sure how to answer this since in my dreams I am normally chaotic neutral.

Imagine Game of Thrones meets Dungeon and Dragons on a higher plane of existence with me being a cleric with wizard abilities due to tattooed glyphs that unfolds like a continual trilogy or tv series and this is what constitutes my dreams more often or not.

Since I keep a dream journal and have let others have had access to it, it has been mentioned several times that I could either write fantasy novel or create a tv series from it.

Do you ever act on anything that has happened in a dream?

Since I am extremely lucid dreamer, I can actually "pause" my dreams and notice detail such as the color of the room, the number chairs in it, if there is a dust bunny in it, etc.

How do dreams effect you, if at all?

It depends if the dream is in first person perspective or third person perspective; if it is in first person perspective, I really need to take note of the dream.

I have had other times as well when it seems I am at a breaking point for one reason or another and my dreams will "repair" me mentally - normally, i dream about a mental health institution or something similar.

Do you remember dreams well?

On average, unless I totally shut it down, I will remember three to five dreams per week and can recall it years later.

I had similar recurring dream but in the opposite way. Like I had just gotten over my ex and then he came up in my dream where we started living together and everything was perfect. Then just as I woke up he would tell me we couldn't be back together and it would be back to square one. I had this same dream for 3 months reaccuring but in different locations. Really strange its our unconsiousness trying to communicate with us I think...

My dreams seem to flow with my mood for the most part. the last few days I have gone back into a state of complete loneliness. no one to talk to and absolutely no hope of finding a date. That in turn means I go to bed crying and then I struggle to get to sleep. Then throughout the night I will wake up from random nightmares.
The worst part is that the nightmares are extremely vivid and realistic. A lot of the dreams get forgotten but others get stuck in the head and I start worrying during the day because I can't tell if it was real or not.

Last night one of the dreams I awoke from was that I was at home and suddenly random people, some family and other people I have known, just started showing up at my house. Seems I was supposed to be having a get together at my place and forgot. My house is a mess and I was scrambling trying to figure out how to get things cleaned up. Plus there was the horror of just having people at my house.
I know this one isn't real since people don't come to my house. In over a year and a half, my parents dropped by twice and that's the only people I have had at my place.

I would like to know some stuff about Dreams~

Do you have them often? I have them every night.
Do you have more good dreams then bad dreams? I wouldn't say good, but normal dreams more than bad yes
Do you ever act on anything that has happened in a dream? well, I would inform someone if they were in it, and if there was some weirdness to it.
How do dreams effect you, if at all? They do. I had 3 in a row the other day..they were terrible. Well the last one was just creepy. lol. It upset me when I woke up.
Do you remember dreams well? I don't after a few days unless they were bad.

Latest posts

Back