Energy and anxiety

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheenix

Reaction score
The more I shape my fantasy super-social me, the more energetic and genki he seems, spontaneous, bouncy.
So I thought that development of my ideal self was healthy, but then I keep hitting these scattered sections about how anxiety makes you too frantic and talk to fast. So I start wondering whether my fantasy is disharmonic and based on anxiety. This belief is propelled by the fact that I haven't beaten my fear of failure, which some say causes erratic social behavior.

What say you? Picturing an energetic social self, is that healthy or a sign that you still have trouble?

It depends. If you're interesting, people will love listening to you. If you're just rambling, they'll probably think you're a speed freak. On the flip side, calmness indicates control, which most people respect.

I think Chicowboy made a good point about this, it depends on what you have to say. But being energetic can also point to being insecure. I mean if you go from being really shy and calm to being energetic it can be a sign of being insecure . I know this from personal experience unfortunately..

Latest posts

Back