feeling a bit 'panicky'

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

my solitude hasn't effected me in this way before but I feel slightly panicky, because i feel so alone. i'm alone in the house this morning, and i have to venture into town for the job centre and my therapist, and i think it's dawning on me how alone I am, it's quite scary. i wish the therapist could come to my house instead. i have the hospital on thursday as well where they're going to put me under. even though my dad is taking me i feel alone in that as well. why am i god's lonely man :(

call me insane but i'm going to join facebook next week or after. i really need to turn the screw on this somehow.

I know its easy to say not to worry about stuff you can't do anything about and what ever well be well be but yet that doesn't help when we worry.
I guss to try and look at things logically might help. Difficult to do when your feeling emotional though.
Just try to keep in mind that there is nothing in town that can harm you. And am guessing there are plenty of ppl around so that makes it save.
Mostly ppl on the hole like to be helpful you know.

I have had to go to hospitol many times for treatment. I have always gone with someone but yet it always felt like I was alone in that no matter how supportive the ppl that was around me was. You just gotta keep ye head up and have a little faith that everything well turn out all right in the end.

I think that when most people are alone they get the sense of 'panic' at some point or another. I usually get it when I haven't got anything to do, and I have been on my own for a while. I will suddenly start thinking 'what if someone broke in and attacked me..' etc etc and the fact that nobody is there to hear or be a witness scares me.

What exactly goes through your mind when you feel this 'panic'?

It is definitely a good thing that you have to get out of the house to see your therapist. It will give you routine and give you a purpose to leave your house. The more you stay indoors, the more of a recluse you will feel...or that is how it is with me - the more I stay in, the more I want to/feel the need to.

Are you possibly feeling fear or panic because of your hospital appointment?

Take deep breaths and when you do feel panicky try and occupy your mind. Listen to a song you like, start reading a book, do some exercise, take a hot bubble bath, watch a bit of tv. Eventually it should pass.

I hope you feel better soon. x

I don't feel panic about anything happening, I feel it in my heart. Do you know what I mean? That's the only way I can describe it, my heart sinks. Lonely heart?

Thanks for the replies once again.

KELBOOOO!!!! lol you're back! :D Missed ya.

troubled said:
I can describe it, my heart sinks. Lonely heart?

Yeah, I know what you mean. But when I feel that sort of ache (of loneliness) coming on, I know it's time to get busy....that usually keeps my mind off of it. I go for a run or hike, or draw something, or screw around on my drums...just get busy. It helps you get through those lonely periods...and hey, it gets stuff done. :p

----Steve

Funny how an organ that pumps blood seems to respond in such a way to emotion.

troubled said:
I don't feel panic about anything happening, I feel it in my heart. Do you know what I mean? That's the only way I can describe it, my heart sinks. Lonely heart?

So you actually feel your heart fluctuating?

It might be stress y'know, if you're thinking too much and what not, it can make your heart go faster.

If you can't get the motivation to go for a run or something big to change the way you feel, try little things - jumping in the shower, having a hot bath, taking deep breathes or doing gentle exercise and even masturbation are little things that work for a lot of people to make themselves feel better and can reduce stress levels or anxiety. I know that they sure work for me.

Good luck with this chuck. x

Be careful, when that feeling starts it's real easy to let it grow to the point where you're scared to leave your own house. It's important you deal with this panic before it gets worse. Have you told your therapist about it?

I hate that feeling. It started for me after I got sick and couldn't get out for a while. At first I was just scared to do new things, then it got to the point where I was scared to go out at all, or would feel a bit of panic whenever my environment changed. I still struggle sometimes still. Exercise helps.

PM me if you want a Facebook buddy.

troubled said:

Thanks for the replies once again.

I think I have an idea of what you mean... I'll start to panic while working at night if I'm the only one on the floor. It's like I already feel alone but it's always comforting to have people around no matter how formal the relationship is. But when there's no one around I'm not only alone... I'm "ALONE." My heart begins to beat fast and I feel like diving through a plate glass window. It's not about feeling like danger is looming, it's about feeling desperate for human connection near the point of insanity. It's a very uncomfortable, hopeless feeling.

Latest posts

Back