Feeling down in the dumps today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runciter said:
duff said:
I think some men in your position do the 'male order bride' thing. Of course it's not for everybody and easy to mock. It works for some people though. If my Dad wasn't around and I wanted a female companion then it's probably what I would do. Find a agency and go from there. It's my only hope. I 've no chance otherwise.

I wouldn't recommend this. Not a good substitute for true love. All you have to do is look at the people who come here because they're lonely even though they're in a relationship.
If you think there is not hope for you then you're right, there isn't. But if you can address your problems on your own and gain some confidence in yourself then a happy future awaits.

my 'problems' are I prefer my own company, I don't socialize or drink either. I just feel better when I am on my own. I am confident though and happy. It's taken me until now (I'm 45) to realize this.

I don't drink either. That seems to be a turn-off.
To me it would seem like a plus. I'm someone you don't have to worry about getting drunk and violent or wasting all my money in bars.

duff said:
my 'problems' are I prefer my own company, I don't socialize or drink either. I just feel better when I am on my own. I am confident though and happy. It's taken me until now (I'm 45) to realize this.

If you prefer your own company, it begs the question as to why you would want a mail order bride in the first place. Wouldn't you rather just stay on your own?

Not drinking isn't a turn off to everyone. I don't drink either.

There are plenty of women who don't. I can't stand women who drink, I'd never date any woman that did. I'm pretty strict about that.

Same with drugs.

theglasscell said:
I can't stand women who drink, I'd never date any woman that did. I'm pretty strict about that.

Do you mean women who get drunk or just women who drink anything?

Runciter said:
duff said:

If you prefer your own company, it begs the question as to why you would want a mail order bride in the first place. Wouldn't you rather just stay on your own?

I'm just speculating if I ever lived alone in the future and felt lonely and different to how I feel now. That's all. I'm not seriously considering it.

blackdot said:
I don't drink either. That seems to be a turn-off.
To me it would seem like a plus. I'm someone you don't have to worry about getting drunk and violent or wasting all my money in bars.

people think I'm odd because I don't drink. I live in a big drinking area, it's all people do, get pissed. Then they brag about it like it's something good. I don't drink to fit in or because society says I should. If people think I'm strange then fresia them, not bothered !

theglasscell said:
Not drinking isn't a turn off to everyone. I don't drink either.

There are plenty of women who don't. I can't stand women who drink, I'd never date any woman that did. I'm pretty strict about that.

Same with drugs.

I would say 90% of the women I know drink. And with most of them it's nearly every day and bottles of wine rather than glasses.

duff said:
I'm just speculating if I ever lived alone in the future and felt lonely and different to how I feel now. That's all. I'm not seriously considering it.

That's fair enough and I respect your position. I just think you would be doing yourself a disservice by choosing a mail order bride. You'd probably end up just as lonely as you was before. There is nothing like a loving relationship between two people who respect each other as equals to cure loneliness. I would rather die alone in the hopes of looking for love than settle for someone who I have no connection with just to stave off the loneliness. Besides, what if you met the woman of your dreams just as the novelty of your new bride has worn off?

Runciter said:
duff said:

That's fair enough and I respect your position. I just think you would be doing yourself a disservice by choosing a mail order bride. You'd probably end up just as lonely as you was before. There is nothing like a loving relationship between two people who respect each other as equals to cure loneliness. I would rather die alone in the hopes of looking for love than settle for someone who I have no connection with just to stave off the loneliness. Besides, what if you met the woman of your dreams just as the novelty of your new bride has worn off?

it probably would be a disaster I agree.

Yeah, am having a down in the dumps day myself. i am on my own and early retired and lost my partner nearly two years ago. i havent perfected the art of what to do when there is nothing to do. I recently finished a long distance relationship that has left me feeling so stupid and sad. A guy who was divorced but still 'married' to his three grown children who he told me they [/font]came first and always would. I only saw him once a week and knew in my bones it wasnt going anywhere. He told me some lies and because I was lonely I believed him. Have been busy all week doing voluntary stuff but now its Friday and I have a headache. Got nothing planned for the weekend. Want to go out but cant get off my backside to do it. Feel like having a good cry. Perhaps I should. No family nearby but they are in touch alot. I pray for peace of mind but it is hard to attain. Hate feeling sorry for myself when I know I am so much better off than some.

Sueuk4 said:
Hate feeling sorry for myself when I know I am so much better off than some.

I know this feeling. I'm sorry for how you're feeling. Have you considered doing some charity work? It might be a nice way of meeting people plus you would be helping some of those people who are in need.

I hope you can find some of that peace of mind that you're looking for.

blackdot said:
I would say they are referring to drinking anything alcoholic.

I'm pretty much the same way.

where I'm from that would be about 99% of women !

duff said:
This is why I asked. Being blind drunk is one thing but a glass of wine over dinner? Best rule out anyone from Europe.

Runciter said:
duff said:
This is why I asked. Being blind drunk is one thing but a glass of wine over dinner? Best rule out anyone from Europe.

I wouldn't mind a glass of wine over dinner or a few drinks every now and then but most women I come across drink every day, bottles of vodka, pints, bottles of wine etc. It's their life. A major part of their life. I have nothing in common with them since I don't drink.

those women need to put down the bottle and get their honeysuckle together ;) no, seriously, when you drink so much it's not just for fun anymore

Latest posts

Back