Finally made a BEST FRIEND and...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UGLYDUCKLING

Reaction score
Hi I'm new.And I am glad that I found this forum.

Anyway,Since Middle School TO second last year in high school,I felt like an outcast.Was never bullied or anything.But just isolated.I barely made any friends due to my different attitude.I'm a kind of a person who HATES cursing or talking about women the wrong way as its just not me.And I am very picky when it comes to video games.

So people tend to call me a kid or just talk to me until they get more friends.I didn't really mind so I lived my life and did most what I could do with my life other then moping around.And couldn't wait to graduate!
So my last year in HS now and I finally made a friend who has the same attitude and everything.We get along pretty great and I finally enjoyed having a conversation with him.Its his 1st yr in high school and hes just a yr younger than me so its cool that I made a friend of my own age who i actually enjoy talking to.
So the problem is that I will be graduating and going off to college leaving an amazing friend behind.I can't cope up to this.When ever I think of graduating,it brings me down so bad.I am terribly upset as I don't want to be friendless again.I doubt that I will have people in college that I like or vise verse.I can't think,sleep or do anything thinking about it.
I don't know why I made a thread about it.But am terribly upset.
I know friends come and go.But its not the same case for me.I don't make friends very easily.Its hard for me to get along with a huge number of people.
Its just that I cant be alone again.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. Stop holding onto this person like they're the only fish. Figure out how to find others like them. People are replaceable. Sorry that sounds harsh...just how I view things. It helps me not to be clingy.

SophiaGrace said:
There are plenty of fish in the sea. Stop holding onto this person like they're the only fish. Figure out how to find others like them. People are replaceable. Sorry that sounds harsh...just how I view things. It helps me not to be clingy.
I know what you are saying.And your not harsh.
I hope somebody could just oneday live a day in my shoes inorder to find out how hard it is to make good friends for me.
Its not like I'm Ugly or Fat or something but I can't really " click" pretty much anyone.
The reason I am upset is because I HIGHLY doubt that I could find someone like me.....And thats a friend who I found after 6 yrs of searching frantically.

Leaving a friend sucks. A person who shares the same way you feel is hard to find. For so long I felt isolated too about my situation when someone who I hated came to me and just opened up. I was shocked. This girl, was like me. It was wonderful and we've been friends ever since. I wish that I could open up, but unfortunately I still just can't. But maybe you have to open up and not wait for someone else too. Maybe one day just say hi to someone. If they don't believe or at least respect how you feel. Don't feel like that was your only chance. Try someone else. A university has got to have so many new people, you never know what or who your may find there. 6 billion people . . . 6 billion chances

How did you meet this person? How did you become friends? Try to apply your experience to people you meet in the future!
I have a lot of friends that I have NOTHING in common with. Running the gamut from video game nerd to raving antisemitic Albanian nationalist. Stop being so picky about who you hang out with and find some cool people.

UGLYDUCKLING said:
It's sad that he passed away alittle more than a year ago..the Irony ._.

Just wanted to update you all...

Oh, no! How sad. I'm sorry. I wasn't here when you posted this thread, but did you keep in touch with him since?

UGLYDUCKLING said:
It's sad that he passed away alittle more than a year ago..the Irony ._.

Just wanted to update you all...

Sorry to hear about that.

Case said:
Oh, no! How sad. I'm sorry. I wasn't here when you posted this thread, but did you keep in touch with him since?
I did keep in touch with him through out summer even though we traveled..I talked to him 2 days prior to his passing...I usually nagged him how he was neglecting his studies and we had our little usual argument...I keep in touch with his mother thou...She was doing MUCH better than I had expected...I am glad that I got to know such an individual! Honestly,I knew that he was unique! At the same time I knew that we wouldn't get to remain friends forever.. :/
9006 said:
Sorry to hear about that.
It's alright...Things like that happen I guess..

I'm very sorry for your loss. However, you said something that I'd like to address.

"Its not like I'm Ugly or Fat or something but I can't really " click" pretty much anyone."
-My dear, it has nothing to do with how you look. It's a matter of social skills. If you are unable to make any friends, you have to analyze what you are doing (or what you're not doing) and figure out what steps to take that might help change you social life.

I only just found this thread and I've got to say that that is very unfortunate. Losing friends is not easy to deal with and I can only imagine how you feel/felt as I've never gone through anything like that. I hope that you are dealing with it positively. Even though it happened over a year ago; It is not something that you can just forget about.

nerdygirl said:
I'm very sorry for your loss. However, you said something that I'd like to address.

"Its not like I'm Ugly or Fat or something but I can't really " click" pretty much anyone."
-My dear, it has nothing to do with how you look. It's a matter of social skills. If you are unable to make any friends, you have to analyze what you are doing (or what you're not doing) and figure out what steps to take that might help change you social life.
I've always been nice,friendly confident and myself at the same time...But I never really "clicked" with anyone.Then I blamed it on my appearance and I did modified and still nothing! I'm just made weird somehow :/ But I can talk to girls now I'm may be joining in a few clubs like Combat training and volunteering at the pet shelter...so I'm hoping for the best for my social life..I actually grew kinda popular after the event since I 'had' to socialize with the rest during the senior year part 2... Well it was fun while it lasted ^_^ but college is kinda weird...

Hearmenow2012 said:
I only just found this thread and I've got to say that that is very unfortunate. Losing friends is not easy to deal with and I can only imagine how you feel/felt as I've never gone through anything like that. I hope that you are dealing with it positively. Even though it happened over a year ago; It is not something that you can just forget about.

It was unfortunate and it was sort of a kick in the teeth.There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about him really... I do keep in touch with him Mom...And it sort of helped...I was a mess earlier...I remember going out for a walk after a week upon his passing to cool my mind and it didn't end well...To this day,I have never met such an individual...It sometimes feel like 'it' never happened :S

Latest posts

Back