Friendzone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
asking something "am I in friend zone", will be translated to "will we have sex or not" is something that shouldn't be ask :) because if girl want to sleep with you she wouldn't say YES on such question, so identify are you or not in FZ and if you are run away from friend zone.

According to my experience, even if you ARE in friend zone you can escape easily, not 100% guaranteed but if you are smart you can do this

By all means ask the girl if she'd be interested in becoming more than friends, but for feths sake don't ever use the word "friendzone". The negative connotations attached to that word would torpedo any chance you have of changing the nature of your relationship.

You'd basically make yourself look like these fellas:
http://okcniceguys.tumblr.com/

Spiderpope said:
By all means ask the girl if she'd be interested in becoming more than friends, but for feths sake don't ever use the word "friendzone". The negative connotations attached to that word would torpedo any chance you have of changing the nature of your relationship.

Not unless you're being ironic or want to piss her off.

I hate the word "Friendzone". If someone wants to be your friend, that's a good thing. It doesn't mean that either person did anything wrong.

I had a friend once...I got the feeling he wanted more and felt "friend-zoned" and never spoke to me again, lol.

What is wrong with being friends and letting things develop naturally?

If it develops into something more, great.

If it does not, you have a friend.

Besides, in my opinion, I think people forget about developing a solid foundation first with friendship.

Bones said:

Besides, in my opinion, I think people forget about developing a solid foundation first with friendship.
Perhaps because many friendships seem so temporary, that developing a foundation gets pushed to the wayside.

Bones said:

The problem with trying to go from an established friendship is that you open yourself to accusations of being a 'nice guy'; pretending to be a friend with the intention of hitting on her later.

If things should go wrong or the feelings aren't reciprocated, then there's a chance she may see you in a different light and attribute such ulterior motives to you.

A lot of women don't like dating friends anyway for some crazy reason to do with a lack of chemistry, mystery. etc. To me it makes perfect sense to know someone before deciding you want more, then it's more likely to be about them as a person, not just what they look like or out of desperation.

I guess my viewpoint could be a little skewed; because in general, I am clueless to the social cues that someone likes me and normally someone has to point out that I like someone as strange as it sounds - IRL, my motives are always trying to help others with disregard to myself.

rdor said:
The problem with trying to go from an established friendship is that you open yourself to accusations of being a 'nice guy'; pretending to be a friend with the intention of hitting on her later.

If things should go wrong or the feelings aren't reciprocated, then there's a chance she may see you in a different light and attribute such ulterior motives to you.

I've been friends first with almost every girl I've ever asked out, and that has never happened to me. If it did ever happen, I still wouldn't regret trying to be someone's friend. I'm always honest with women. If they mistake honesty for some kind of manipulation, then that's on them. I can't control how she thinks or reacts.

Wow im surprised people are still commenting.

Actually since ive posted this ive rethought some things. First of all, we dont really have anything in common. No interests or nothing besides going to the same school and being able to talk about trivial stuff. Because of this I can only see that the relationship would fail and I would have messed up our nice trio group.

Secondly, I'm rooming with both of them next school year and it wouldnt be a good idea for me to start anything.

Frankly, even though I may feel like I want something, Its for the best if I dont start anything and let her find someone else. Logically it makes sense. I just need to work on finding someone else!

Latest posts

Back