From popularity to total loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
Hello, i am 16 years old male that started getting problems since i was 13. At 13 years old i turned to be one of the most good looking and popular kids in my school back than (that was approved by others). I had tough personality back than and nothing could bring me down. I was never a bad kid that that disrespected the others and i was kind to some point. So soon girls at that time started to give me compliments and asking me for dates. Group of my friends than started to talk really gross things to everyone in my school about me and i suspected that was jealousy. Those girls than started to ignore me and avoid conversations with me which really hurted me. I've had my first and probably last girlfriend before gossiping started. Soon i restored my self esteem and moved on with my life. Then again gossiping starts again and again and i was really depresed with that. People than look at me like homosexual, no lifer, and person your better than in anyways just if you and other think you re better. From now than every year i lost about 2-3 friends i wasn't invited to parties i was outside more than i was inside my house but people was like "so you finally left your house to catch some air" they just tryed to find something to bring me down or like this "what did your parents told you when they found out ur homosexual". I tried diffrent reactions to see if it stops (ignore what they say, inlust them back). So ok i moved to high school 2 years ago and i expected new better friends and i was really happy. One of my friends from my old school came along with me in high school so he wanted to get popular and to achive that he started talking behind my back. So once again i was called no lifer , homosexual, weakling, stupid, lame person. I was provocated into a fight with one of the new friends in school and i beat the **** of him and that way no one maked fun of me for 2-3 months. To this very day i am lonely sitting in my house doing nothing. People also stare at me when i ain't looking at them and when i look at them they laugh at me or fast look at watch or wall or something. EVERYSINGLE men i know stares at me but girls don't. They see me there as a no life kid that i became.
At this point i am really depressed and i am eating my self inside. I've became quiet kid that used to be loudest person back in the time.
Now i ll say some possitive things about me: I am good in all sports, thinking games, i have attractive body definition, ain't ulgy , have good clothing, tall , and mostly everything i give in time i do good but people just call me oposide all the time. They just find something to disrespect me and humiliate me. Even some dudes that i saw 3-4 times in my life makes fun of me when they see me.
Can someone tell me what to do i really can't live like this anymore and sorry for my bad english.

Kindster,

Hope this helps.

It sounds like you were a very popular kid while you were growing up, but that popularity did not last (through no fault of yours). Being popular, I’m sure, helped establish your relationship with friends your age and at the time got attention from girls (which you enjoyed having). Perhaps there was jealousy (perhaps not) from your friends and others, but at the age of 13-14 it’s a tough time. People at that age say and do hurtful things. Sometimes they don’t even realize they are doing it or think about how their comments or actions might hurt others.

Right now you are trying to find your place in the world, asking yourself, “How do I fit in?” You describe yourself as “tall, good looking”, “athletic” “good at sports” and “you do good things for others”. Sounds like you have plenty of positives in your favor.

Have you thought of this: the reason you feel like other guys are staring at you is that you make one heck of an impression; you look sharp and act sharp. The girls look away (and they do see you) because of the same reason, you look sharp and act sharp.

Many things are changing, physically, psychologically, and emotionally, and not only for you, but also to those around you (your friends, girls). How many of them have similar feelings as you? I’m sure quite a few right now. Don’t worry, as you go through life friends and relationships will come and go. If a “friend” doesn’t treat you as a friend, then too bad for them. It’s the friends that you keep which will make all the difference.

kindster said:
Hello, i am 16 years old male that started getting problems since i was 13. At 13 years old i turned to be one of the most good looking and popular kids in my school back than (that was approved by others). I had tough personality back than and nothing could bring me down. I was never a bad kid that that disrespected the others and i was kind to some point. So soon girls at that time started to give me compliments and asking me for dates. Group of my friends than started to talk really gross things to everyone in my school about me and i suspected that was jealousy. Those girls than started to ignore me and avoid conversations with me which really hurted me. I've had my first and probably last girlfriend before gossiping started. Soon i restored my self esteem and moved on with my life. Then again gossiping starts again and again and i was really depresed with that. People than look at me like homosexual, no lifer, and person your better than in anyways just if you and other think you re better. From now than every year i lost about 2-3 friends i wasn't invited to parties i was outside more than i was inside my house but people was like "so you finally left your house to catch some air" they just tryed to find something to bring me down or like this "what did your parents told you when they found out ur homosexual". I tried diffrent reactions to see if it stops (ignore what they say, inlust them back). So ok i moved to high school 2 years ago and i expected new better friends and i was really happy. One of my friends from my old school came along with me in high school so he wanted to get popular and to achive that he started talking behind my back. So once again i was called no lifer , homosexual, weakling, stupid, lame person. I was provocated into a fight with one of the new friends in school and i beat the **** of him and that way no one maked fun of me for 2-3 months. To this very day i am lonely sitting in my house doing nothing. People also stare at me when i ain't looking at them and when i look at them they laugh at me or fast look at watch or wall or something. EVERYSINGLE men i know stares at me but girls don't. They see me there as a no life kid that i became.
At this point i am really depressed and i am eating my self inside. I've became quiet kid that used to be loudest person back in the time.
Now i ll say some possitive things about me: I am good in all sports, thinking games, i have attractive body definition, ain't ulgy , have good clothing, tall , and mostly everything i give in time i do good but people just call me oposide all the time. They just find something to disrespect me and humiliate me. Even some dudes that i saw 3-4 times in my life makes fun of me when they see me.
Can someone tell me what to do i really can't live like this anymore and sorry for my bad english.

Kid's are very cold and mean these days anyhow. You don't need to be popular, your life is not "Glee". Just get some people who like you for who you are. Also with the looks thing, it is not just how you look but how you carry yourself. If you are shuffling about all arkward and shy and not confident then this will affect how other people see you. Have you heard of Social Anxiety before? Google it and see if you can relate to it.

Also why would people call you homosexual? More interstingly why wouold you mention the word "homosexual" in your post so many times? There is an issue there that you need to look at. I would say either you are confused about yousexuality, or you are homophobic. The word comes up a few times in your post as though your subconsios is trying to shout something at us/

When I was your age I moved around a lot. It made it hard to make friends and I was always down on myself. Then I went to high school and I realized something... I don't need a bunch of sheep propping me up to make myself feel better. If you know you are awesome don't let those people get to you. Join sports.. talk loudly.. be who you want to be. Being true to yourself is way more important than being "popular".

Well, I would honestly hope that this would turn into a positive experience for you by making you see what you really value, what you really need, what you can find meaning and beauty in, and find peace. I know what you mean, I've seen this happen to a few people before, and it's a horrible, horrible thing. The first thing you HAVE to do is make peace with yourself, and if that means detaching yourself and looking at yourself and situation objectively, then by all means, become isolated, alone, and do what you have to do before going back into the situation, and when you do, you'll have a much clearer idea of what's going on. Feel free to PM me sometime if you need to talk, I'm also in high school by the way.

Wow you should not have to deal with this. This is bullying. I would report this to a teacher or the schoola administrators. *hug*

cumulus.james said:
kindster said:

Kid's are very cold and mean these days anyhow. You don't need to be popular, your life is not "Glee". Just get some people who like you for who you are. Also with the looks thing, it is not just how you look but how you carry yourself. If you are shuffling about all arkward and shy and not confident then this will affect how other people see you. Have you heard of Social Anxiety before? Google it and see if you can relate to it.

Also why would people call you homosexual? More interstingly why wouold you mention the word "homosexual" in your post so many times? There is an issue there that you need to look at. I would say either you are confused about yousexuality, or you are homophobic. The word comes up a few times in your post as though your subconsios is trying to shout something at us/

Reason i repeated that word so many time is because people daily call me fag , gay, homo thats why, but they don't when they are solo only when they are in random groups of people. That was going like 3-4 years now so i started thinking about my sexuality and i dont find my self attracted to give in relationship with men.

Latest posts

Back