Functioning without a relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badaboom

Reaction score
Would you guys agree/disagree with the possibility of someone who has been in many relationships in their life, to suddenly functioning being single, is this possible?

badaboom said:
Would you guys agree/disagree with the possibility of someone who has been in many relationships in their life, to suddenly functioning being single, is this possible?

I don't know, but would like the opportunity to find out. The world provides more options than ever before, which sometimes just makes us more aware of what we don't have. It's possible to function without a relationship, and is probably better to learn who you are on your own before entering another relationship.

It's like any adiction you'll have to go trough a cold turkey fase, but once you'r out you will see that you're a beter person

Anything is possible.

It wasn't sudden for me.
The break up stage was a totally awsome roller coasta ride..
Roller coasta...a hoo hoo hoo...Ur love is like a rollaaa coastaaaa. lmao
yeah..i white knockle the sum ***** for a little while..but after a while I needed some help.

Being single again takes getting used to. It helped that I took time to date before I got involved in my previous relationship.
It's like palying the guitar...once you learned how to play it. You know how to do it.
A bit rusty at first..but you'll remember.
At this stage..of course..for me. (mentally and emotionally more stabble)
Some people say it's freaken growing pains...I say, it's just messed up...lmao
I've gone through the grieving, anger, re negociation, identity crises, hate all the oposite sex.
Took a long hard look of WTF is wrong me, WTF is wrong with them and wtf is Wrong is wrong with god..lmao
Then i got up oneday...just being sick and tire of being sick and tired of my honeysuckle ...other's people's honeysuckle or opinions
of this and that and this and that....FFS.
Walking 6 miles out of the fucken woods is fun...man :p

Eventaully I just start letting go and start treating myself good...Be good to myself or loving myself.
Find peace within myself..being okay with myself...getting right with myself.
Getting right with my ex..if I hurt her in anyway..whether or not she will admit her part in it on not.
Cleaning up my side of the street...so i can move forward with my life.
A purification process sort of speak.

After going through all of that..I'm kind of light heart and don't trip out so freaken much about
whatever the hell ever...lol

Some will say..I'm more mature as a person....I say, I've just gotten a little bit nuttier.lol
See...i can luagh at myself. It's all part of the healing process.

It dosn't really happen by itself...for me.
I have to work through it. Time will heal...But time by time alone didn't get me well.

Yeah..it's wierd.... man becuase your mind still thinks you're in a relationship...even though you're not.
It felt totally wierd to be thinking and looking at other women's titties and ass and wanting to eat it.

Kind of like when you frist get involve in a relationship...your mind will still think you're single.
Your partner catches you staring at other titays and asses and tell say "you can't eat out any more".lol
You come home oneday to find all your shades are missing lens or you can't find your Okleys or Raybands..wtf ??

It's suggested the a person at least take sometime out to regroup, re evaluate, heal....etc
before moving into another relationship. Otherwise you'll just be on a rebound and carry
mental and emotion baggages from the previous relationship into the next one.

Kind of like taking bath so that you don't carry yesterday's grime into tomorrow.

In other words....get to be a slut again too :)....I mean single

I was in 12 years relationship . A 6 years relationship previously. A 2 year marriage perviously to that.
I try to keep the singleness stage longer too...:p

Women and God are fucken lunatics...lol
Ya see.....when i was happy in a relationship...all of the women went pyscho ***** on my ass to ruin my serenity.
When I'm happy being single...dating and running all over the mother fucken field having the time of my life in sin
city..I think it's an opportunity for me to fresia them all again...God sends me an angel to save my ass.

Ya see...once you're single again. You go hang out with your friends that's in a relationship.
Or you get one of those phone calls you used to make yourself..."my woman is being a *****...i wish i was single again..
fresia this bullshit"...lmao...(remember those moments while in a relationship)
WhAT you do is...talk about all the different chicks you're dating or say " I eat out every night again" :p

Yes, and I suspect it would be a good idea. It would give someone the chance to think about what it is they truly want.

badaboom said:

It depends :) I think our relationships help us grow. Some people need more relationships to learn about themselves soooo...if that person has learned to make healthy boundaries and love who they are, yes, I believe they can because they will wait for a relationship that is healthy. And if they haven't learned healthy boundaries and to care for themselves, then they may lapse back into wanting a relationship. Change is never easy but, it is not impossible. It could take time for that person to become adjusted to single life. A bit like breaking in new shoes, I suppose.

Yeah I agree with all the posts above. Its better to learn yourself as a person first before entering a relationship.

Latest posts

Back