Getting laid is really overrated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get really involved with people unless I get to know the person inside and out first, before I used to rush into relationships but I ended up getting hurt in the long run. Now I'm very weary of people cause of what I've been through and going through any type of abuse will do that to you. You should start out as friends first and let the relationship build up overtime. Get to know the person inside and out, before you start a serious commitment with anyone. I've made a lot of bad choices in the past and now I'm careful on who I get involved with. Go with you're gut feeling and how you feel about the person. If you don't have serious feelings for them, than don't get involved or tell them you'd like to get to know them a little more. This is just my opinion but I believe too many people rushed into serious and end up having their hearts broken. Trust me I did the same thing and didn't get to know the person well enough. And I had sex with my old boyfriend's and nothing good came out of any of it, I ended up feeling twice as worse afterwards. Now I'm trying to connect with people, getting to know them and having conversations. =) Take you're time, don't rush into anything so quickly. This may or may not have helped you but I believe it's the thought that counts than anything. Take care of yourself! =)

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I don't get really involved with people unless I get to know the person inside and out first, before I used to rush into relationships but I ended up getting hurt in the long run. Now I'm very weary of people cause of what I've been through and going through any type of abuse will do that to you. You should start out as friends first and let the relationship build up overtime. Get to know the person inside and out, before you start a serious commitment with anyone. I've made a lot of bad choices in the past and now I'm careful on who I get involved with. Go with you're gut feeling and how you feel about the person. If you don't have serious feelings for them, than don't get involved or tell them you'd like to get to know them a little more. This is just my opinion but I believe too many people rushed into serious and end up having their hearts broken. Trust me I did the same thing and didn't get to know the person well enough. And I had sex with my old boyfriend's and nothing good came out of any of it, I ended up feeling twice as worse afterwards. Now I'm trying to connect with people, getting to know them and having conversations. =) Take you're time, don't rush into anything so quickly. This may or may not have helped you but I believe it's the thought that counts than anything. Take care of yourself! =)

+1. Very wise words.

From my perspective, the OP not only lacks respect for women, but also lacks respect for himself. Last time I checked, sex was not a test of anything. (Maybe it could be a test of physical attractiveness... but hey, shallowness is not attractive.) Having experienced both mind-blowing sex, and plenty of really rubbish sex, I would say that it is not exclusively about feelings. They certainly help, and will probably make you feel better about things afterwards. The rest is just knowledge, intelligence, practice and a good old helping of sensual touch. Once you realise that none of these involve respect or love, you start to appreciate that this is an emotional side which we as humans have developed. We like to put sex and love together. And why not? It's great for the family unit! Though I'm starting to digress from my original point. Perhaps you should be a bit more selective about who you have sex with, so that it is no longer just an act in your mind, but it becomes a special act which you will only share with individuals you deem to be special.

Oh, and stop helping the married woman to cheat. You're an ******* for that, pure and simple. I have no time or respect for cheaters because of the emotional damage it causes, motivated by sheer selfishness. Any bad things which happen to you as a result, I have no pity for and feel that you deserve everything you get.

~NW

Nightwing said:
Oh, and stop helping the married woman to cheat. You're an ******* for that, pure and simple. I have no time or respect for cheaters because of the emotional damage it causes, motivated by sheer selfishness. Any bad things which happen to you as a result, I have no pity for and feel that you deserve everything you get.

~NW

I suppose I've said this before, but I think there are *some* cases where you have to consider the guy's point of view when this happens.. for example I have one friend in real life who was actively propositioned and convinced by a married woman with kids (and he knew this), he eventually accepted and I believe they are still intimate many months later. His point of view was that he'd never been with anyone before, no girlfriend, etc, and felt his chances to meet someone were starting to dwindle. He felt this might be his only opportunity. Does that mean I condone his affair with a married woman? No. But I don't think it is as black and white as you say, I think you actually have to look at both sides before you demonize either one.

Batman55 said:
Nightwing said:

~NW

I suppose I've said this before, but I think there are *some* cases where you have to consider the guy's point of view when this happens.. for example I have one friend in real life who was actively propositioned and convinced by a married woman with kids (and he knew this), he eventually accepted and I believe they are still intimate many months later. His point of view was that he'd never been with anyone before, no girlfriend, etc, and felt his chances to meet someone were starting to dwindle. He felt this might be his only opportunity. Does that mean I condone his affair with a married woman? No. But I don't think it is as black and white as you say, I think you actually have to look at both sides before you demonize either one.

I disagree. I have thought about it and feel there is no possible justification which I'm going to accept. From his perspective, I'd say you're better able to look yourself in the mirror while lonely. Only the weak can't say no to sex. It's a matter of self respect and if you're thinking that desperation can justify something like this, I feel very sorry for you.

NO NAME CALLING! If you can't express your opinion without resorting to name calling or insulting another member then DON'T POST.

Nightwing said:
Batman55 said:
Nightwing said:

~NW

I disagree. I have thought about it and feel there is no possible justification which I'm going to accept. From his perspective, I'd say you're better able to look yourself in the mirror while lonely. Only the weak can't say no to sex. It's a matter of self respect and if you're thinking that desperation can justify something like this, I feel very sorry for you.

How great it is you can take the moral high road on right and wrong. Your bio "suggests" that you're a psychologist yet here you are passing judgment on a situation you have minimal knowledge of. I pity anybody that would be a client/patient of yours as you indicate a closed mind and quick to judge. I agree with Batman "But I don't think it is as black and white as you say, I think you actually have to look at both sides before you demonize either one."- until you know the complete situation your passing judgement is more about ego than understanding!

Too many 'psychologists' in this world....

WildernessWildChild said:
How great it is you can take the moral high road on right and wrong. Your bio "suggests" that you're a psychologist yet here you are passing judgment on a situation you have minimal knowledge of. I pity anybody that would be a client/patient of yours as you indicate a closed mind and quick to judge. I agree with Batman "But I don't think it is as black and white as you say, I think you actually have to look at both sides before you demonize either one."- until you know the complete situation your passing judgement is more about ego than understanding!

I love the irony here. Particularly: "Your bio "suggests" that you're a psychologist yet here you are passing judgment on a situation you have minimal knowledge of. I pity anybody that would be a client/patient of yours as you indicate a closed mind and quick to judge." Followed by "Too many 'psychologists' in this world.... "

Just to clear up the fairly obvious mistake you've made here - Psychologists are researchers. I think you've confused them with psychiatrists. Please reread that sentence and then tell me more about "passing judgement with minimal knowledge." XD

I have read your point, just as I read Batman's point. If I reject your logic... stating the same point again just because you agree with it, accomplishes nothing. To clarify my stance: I can't think of a set of circumstances where I would find cheating (from either party) to be justified. (i.e. an acceptable course of action.) Loneliness, desperation or whatever equivalent which is the underlying justification under Batman's point is something which I considered and then rejected. I'm open to people coming up with other justifications, but I sincerely doubt I will accept them.

Nightwing - I'm open to people coming up with other justifications, but I sincerely doubt I will accept them.

You have just summed up your whole stance for us. Thank-you so much.

Just as a matter of interest, the OP made these posts a while ago, and we haven't heard from him since. Pretty much everything that you have said echoes what other people have posted before you, so I am in fact wondering if you ever read the earlier posts? Perhaps you would care to re-visit the replies to the OP - most of which (including mine) were not at all supportive of his attitude.

But I am not a psychologist, so perhaps re-hashing what everyone said some time before, is what your profession is all about?

Nightwing said:

I love the irony here. Particularly: "Your bio "suggests" that you're a psychologist yet here you are passing judgment on a situation you have minimal knowledge of. I pity anybody that would be a client/patient of yours as you indicate a closed mind and quick to judge." Followed by "Too many 'psychologists' in this world.... "

Just to clear up the fairly obvious mistake you've made here - Psychologists are researchers. I think you've confused them with psychiatrists. Please reread that sentence and then tell me more about "passing judgement with minimal knowledge." XD

I have read your point, just as I read Batman's point. If I reject your logic... stating the same point again just because you agree with it, accomplishes nothing. To clarify my stance: I can't think of a set of circumstances where I would find cheating (from either party) to be justified. (i.e. an acceptable course of action.) Loneliness, desperation or whatever equivalent which is the underlying justification under Batman's point is something which I considered and then rejected. I'm open to people coming up with other justifications, but I sincerely doubt I will accept them.

I've got the impression that you're a Research Psychologist rather than a Mental Health Psychologist....should I reference "passing judgement with minimal knowledge." XD again?

Arrogance and hypothesis don't impress Sweetie, real world results do.

Loving the way you can justify judging a person without walking in their shoes.

I've got the impression that you're a Research Psychologist rather than a Mental Health Psychologist....should I reference "passing judgement with minimal knowledge." XD again?

We're drifting off topic and my life isn't long enough to keep correcting your false assertions. Let's leave it there.

Nightwing said:

We're drifting off topic and my life isn't long enough to keep correcting your false assertions. Let's leave it there.

You're giving up already? I pity those lacking stamina.

I went to the ultimate source to look up psychologists- Urban Dictionary :p

These two jumped out at me:

psychologists- A person who is payed mass amounts of money to listen to people talk about their feelings, but didn't go to school long enough to be allowed to prescribe the drugs they usually give out as a bribe for going to the shrink (go to a psychiatrist for that). Office characterized by overstuffer/ understuffed chairs and boogers under the waiting room tables. Usually has no life whatsoever and solves other people's lives for a living because they cannot solve their own problems, but will feel as if they have no control over the world unless they can control someone's life, ie, yours if you are unlucky enough to be dragged into a shrink's office.

Psychologists cause people mass amounts of phobia and are therefore completely useless and daft, seeing as they exist solely to solve others' phobias.
by random chick got bored March 06, 2006

psychologists: Often shady/sleazy/stupid. Often it's in their best interest that you keep seeing them.. Most are more screwed up than their clients they are supposed to help. Just because a human ape has a couple letters behind their name doesnt mean they stop being an ape.

Beth has a Phd in Psychology. She basically got it by blowing and licking the whole faculty. Just like she did for her Dad/brothers. She has more issues than a 45 year old crackwhore, yet is entrusted with others mental health. Don't trust her, just fresia her thats all she's good for.
by real deal October 23, 2003

I'll be damned....again....

Now, now WWC, that last comment was definitely misogynistic, (although a quote),and I would have to have to give you a slapped bottom for that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back