Getting ripped off

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - while I do not go in the store and send my daughter with my mom, we always get her bras at Victoria Secrets because they last a long time - also apparently, VS is the only place where she can find one that fits her properly.

(I detest talking about this because it is my daughter - LOL - it just does not seem right for some reason.)

Hoffy said:
I get upset at how clothing is made these days. Nothing last long. For example I buy bras that cost 50-60 dollars a piece and after one wash on hand wash they start to lose stitching or the underwire begins to come out. It pisses me off. I don't understand why everything is made so cheaply. It's a waste.

Haha, my "wakky tobaccy" dealer gypped me and a freind out of about $50 USD, for no apparent reason. He gave us what looked and smelled like tea instead. *******.

I've been ripped off big time...I am talking about thousands and thousands of dollars. I've been ripped off by different people. A contractor stole $7,000 from me...that is the current one. I am working to get it back.
And yes, I was probably a target because I was alone.

HappyYogi said:
I've been ripped off big time...I am talking about thousands and thousands of dollars. I've been ripped off by different people. A contractor stole $7,000 from me...that is the current one. I am working to get it back.
And yes, I was probably a target because I was alone.

Bite your contracter's ass. Watch what the kid in the video does :p
[video=youtube]

prices go up all the time here in the UK, but the actual product reduces in size

I always shop for best bargins, escpecially on ebay

I remember as a kid there was a local toy company that was associated with a kid's tv channel and every once in a while a new popular show would come out and a toy for that show would come out too, and everybody would buy it, like a fad y'know. I was a victim of one or two of those schemes, I feel all those fads back then and now are great big rip off's really. If your friends did'nt have them you would'nt want to buy them. I remember one of those fads was just a normal yoyo but the company made it look special and that it had to do with this cartoon about kids with yoyo's, it was a completely normal yoyo but they made it look like it could do other things (like they had a list of special tricks with attractive names and all) and you could customize it and all that bullshit and it was way overpriced, and everybody bought it.....At my school everybody brought their yoyo along and talked about it and I started to want one, but my parents did'nt let me if I remember it right, I ended it with a really cheap small yoyo (about 1$) that I stopped playing with after a short while. Really insane how fads work and suddenly everybody wants one.

beautifulsorrow said:
Really insane how fads work and suddenly everybody wants one.

Yeah look at apple products now lol but I rem the yoyo one & the pokemon cards one :p

dannyr22 said:
beautifulsorrow said:
Really insane how fads work and suddenly everybody wants one.

Yeah look at apple products now lol but I rem the yoyo one & the pokemon cards one :p

Oh crap man I remember the pokemon days that was really big, we had one with Yugi Oh cards and I spent a lot of money on it, I still have a huge stack of those cards somewhere, nobody even knew how to play with them I remember trying to get the ones that were hard to find, eventually I got one or two, also I remember one little kid was ready to buy them off me but I never sold them. But yeah that whole things was a huge rip off too, I remember seeing some guy at the grocery buy the whole box that had like 30-40 packets.

beautifulsorrow said:
Oh crap man I remember the pokemon days that was really big, we had one with Yugi Oh cards and I spent a lot of money on it, I still have a huge stack of those cards somewhere,

If you have rare ones ebay is a good place to try sell them. I still partly collect them from time ot time, it's nice to have a hobby. Lots of money spent when I was younger lol but yeah nobody ever played the game :p

Starman said:
what makes me laugh is those family packs of crisps that contain 6 or 12 smaller bags. if you emptied out the contents it wouldn't fill one fiith of the big bag

i know a couple of people that share that sentiment

Latest posts

Back