Greetings!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno Bill

Reaction score
I'm sure glad I found this forum. Sometimes it feels like you're the only one in the world who is feeling lonely. It's sad to see there's so many of us, but at the same time it provides a little comfort that I'm not the only one.

I'm 55, male, single. I retired from goverment work five years ago. I work a part time retail job, not so much for the money, but to have a regular routine. The job is okay, but hard on my back. I have a couple of good friends, who I usually see on weekends for hikes, dinners, movies. But during the week, it's just me and my cat. I was fairly content until about this past February, when my mood shifted, and I started feeling like "is this all there is?" I feel like I'm in big rut. I've tried joining groups, taking classes, etc., but never seem to be able to connect with anyone. I'm a strong introvert by nature, which makes it hard to meet people and make friends. I enjoy simple things like reading, movies, photography, hiking, and can't stand bars, night clubs, etc., plus I don't drink.

And, I feel lonely much of the time. And depressed. I'm trying to dig out of my rut, find more interests, get involved, but it's really hard. I'm glad I found this group to share with, and perhaps together we can move forward together.

Bill

Hello Bill and welcome

I wish you best of luck to move forward.. lots of nice people here to help with that, I believe

Welcome to the site :)

Hi Bill, I understand where you're coming from. I was out of work for a long time and felt isolated, had no real friends to speak to. Had few interests or social activities. Keep trying, it's the only way.

Latest posts

Back