Happy Birthday to me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

Eh, I meant a GF, who will eventually become my wife.

In this day in age, with the media brainwashing people who to date, who to be with, it's very frustrating for me to find a decent GF, let alone, a GF.

Some times, I wish I was born in another country, because I would definitely have a better dating prospect.
[/quote]

It was a joke. I attempt to brighten the mood. That's my coping mechanism. :)

LonelySutton said:
Tomorrow is my birthday!! I will celebrate it like every year. I will
  • Get a few well wishes on my facebook page (but only about 1/2 the people will wish me a happy birthday)
  • get no presents
  • get no cake
  • go out and have no fun
  • though, at work, there will be a party for other people in the place that have birthdays at the same time as me, and despite the fact that my birthday is a common knowledge thing, I will get no cake, but they will. My day will be utterly ignored.

YEH!

Your not alone, I've had nearly 20 years of this. Don't botehr with it much anymore.

Maybey use it as a opportunity to think positively? Like think "ok, so this is my situation at the moment and I would like to improve it".

So think about what things you might do to improve things so future birthdays are better?

cumulus.james said:
LonelySutton said:
Tomorrow is my birthday!! I will celebrate it like every year. I will
  • Get a few well wishes on my facebook page (but only about 1/2 the people will wish me a happy birthday)
  • get no presents
  • get no cake
  • go out and have no fun
  • though, at work, there will be a party for other people in the place that have birthdays at the same time as me, and despite the fact that my birthday is a common knowledge thing, I will get no cake, but they will. My day will be utterly ignored.

YEH!

Your not alone, I've had nearly 20 years of this. Don't botehr with it much anymore.

Maybey use it as a opportunity to think positively? Like think "ok, so this is my situation at the moment and I would like to improve it".

So think about what things you might do to improve things so future birthdays are better?

I always try to throw myself a mini-party for one, just because I feel like everyone deserves a special treat on their birthdays. I get some snacks, a cake, buy myself a gift wrapped present and set some baloons in my room, so that I can watch movies or play a game in a festive setting. It always ends up looking a little depressing, and a lot like this
lonely-boy.jpg

but in the end it makes me feel that it's ok if no one was there to celebrate with me. I was there, I remembered myself and I gave myself something nice. If you can at least have yourself, then you have something already. Which is more than nothing.

Latest posts

Back