Hard to succeed.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostwriter

Reaction score
As an artist, it is too **** hard to succeed. Maybe it's because I am a bad artist, maybe I'm just not patient enough, maybe this, maybe that.
I don't have time for maybes.
All I know is that I have failed in my one profession. I don't know when the time will come when the rent comes dry, when I will be kicked out and be forced to live on the streets. Oh, and on top of all that, I have no social life.
So instead of finding another job quick, I've been selling my belongings to make this life work. I don't know how much longer I will be able to live on my savings. All I do is wander around the streets past midnight, question my lack of social talent, get wasted, repeat.
******* fabulous.

Making a living as an artist has to be one of the most difficult professions. Unless you are some kind of miracle artist, like painting with disability where you shouldn't be able to do such things, or an animal you basically have to wait until you die for your art to be worth anything. You have to do something unique, awe inspiring or so out of the box it draws peoples attention. Like those people who were doing huge murals out of clothing. But even that fad died out pretty quick.

Why don't you become a commercial artist? Illustrate for other people instead of yourself. A graphic designer or something similar.

Yes, I agree with the above poster. Illustrate for other people to earn your living, maybe part time if you could earn enough to get by on, and then do the art you really want to do in your free time.

Thank you all for listening to the troubled mind of an unsuccessful artist.
I'm pretty down all the time. I suppose I could go back to writing or being a lifeguard. At this point though, I think I'm going to have to find a quick temporary job to earn some money before getting back into art. Quit alcohol too while I'm at it.
Life is just grrrrrrrrrrrreeeeat.

As a musician, I know how hard it is to make a living doing what you love. That is why I'm in college, because I know I couldn't survive just being a singer/songwriter.

I'm an artist too and I know how hard it is to succeed, you just have to keep on trying and learning.

It takes time, is not like other professions when you get a degree and start working.

You need to be able to handle it as a business too, and connect with other artists.

Latest posts

Back