Have you been out alone to a bar/pub/club?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to a bar alone but I knew the people there. I wouldn't consciously go by myself as I wouldn't want to look like a total idiot on my own. Crazy on television the woman makes it look so easy, woman at bar alone ......... man comes along .......... she speaks to him .......... he offers her a drink .............. and they make conversation. If only it could be that easy then I'd be in with a grin. I guess you have to find where other single people go to and I really don't feel like trawling the bars for company.

no, i'm a young woman. Why would I go to a bar/club/pub alone? Isnt that asking for trouble? Besides if something bad happened to me, no one would be there to protect me or stand up for me.

o_o I dont like the thought of that.

I hate waiting for people at bars on my own, creepy men always hit on me.

I still haven't been out on my own or with friends, but once I am done with school I am planning on perhaps going to the cinema on my own :)

Chances are, though, that I'd be too shy to approach or talk to anyone. My main worry is that they will think that it's strange - some stranger coming up to them and randomly trying awkwardly to start a conversation.

Yeah I think that sometimes. People might think 'what does this psycho want'.

Yes many times. Once I remember going for a quick pint in my local and in utter defiance of probability or design, ending up sleeping in a priory.

I wouldn't even contemplate going into a pub alone or otherwise these days.

Used to, years ago. But usually places where I knew some of the regulars or staff, even if I didn't know whether they were there at the time.

Now I have a girlfriend to not go anywhere or do anything with, if I can help it.:)

I have gone to clubs with friends, but they would run off and do their own thing and I would be alone 80% of the time. The time spent at the clubs was very uncomfortable. Most of the time I would be walking around in circles trying to figure out something to do. Luckily the alcohol made the times go by faster.

We don't have any pub's or club's, only bars that play loud pop-ish music. I don't like going to them. why?

well its crouwded mostly, you can't hold a conversation because of the loud music, and the people who go there only want to get drunk fast and try to hit on girls who are not interested in drunk guys anyway..

Latest posts

Back