Hello Everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrynight30

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't feel comfortable telling my first name so....just call me starry. I've been to this site years ago but never became an active member. I decided to make a come back after feeling like an ant in a forest full of giant land mammals.

A little about myself. I'm from Massachusetts, U.S. and my life revolves around working/part-time school. I don't have any real friends that I socialize with on a regular basis. Most of the time it's an ex co-worker or someone I currently work with that I hang out with sometimes. My family life is pathetic, my mom is the only one I have a relationship. My father I speak to once in a while but I feel as if he doesn't care too much. The rest of my family just ignores me. I have so much passion for living life but I don't want to live it alone. Being shy and quiet makes it so hard to do anything outside my comfort zone. I'm 31 and I don't want to be lonely all the time. There are times I enjoy my time by myself but I want people I can talk to and go out with who understand me. Although I hang out with people once in a while, they're always so self-absorbed to even realize that I have opinions and aspirations. Sorry for ranting on :p

Hello, Starry.

I'm most certainly glad you've decided to join us "giant land mammals". Haha.

I feel like I can relate to you and maybe as a possible icebreaker between us, I'll share some details with you (I don't want to come off as self absorbed either tho haha); I'm also 31 years old, I mostly only hang out with co-workers and my family life is non-existent. I was fortunate enough to be close to my father growing up before his passing so I wouldn't say I'm necessarily deprived.

Anyways, I know the feeling of having a large passion of living life yet a part of you keeps you from living it and I too have difficultly hanging out with people for very much of the same reason, they're self-absorbed. I enjoy open minded conversation free or judgement or pressure. We should totally chat sometime if willing, and if you ever find yourself curious enough to join the ALL chat room. Please do. We're all like minded people here for the most part.

I very much look forward to seeing you around. :)

P.S. : Oh and I'm a big Vincent fan. :p

Hi Starry,

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too and I can relate to our story.

I'm almost 31 too; go figure. ) I've worked part time while studying full time and that was such a hectic time of my life... despite not having friends, there were very few opportunities to even go out with the few people I knew.

I have trouble building relationships too and I also have a strong will to live a more fulfilling life. It's not impossible. There are people out there who will appreciate and value you, so keep going and be positive! I was shy and quiet too and things got better once I got out of my comfort zone. I started doing more of the things I enjoy, even if by myself or with people who aren't necessarily my friends. It helped a lot! I'm still shy, I still have trouble feeling accepted, but things are better than they used to be. Just a few thoughts... I hope I'm making sense...

Not having someone to open up to is tough; I'm dealing with that too. Being here, among like minded people, should help you, hopefully!

Take care!

Latest posts

Back