Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly

Reaction score
Hi there
I want to write a hello message but now I can't think of a thing to say. I seem to find it equally difficult on-line as in real life. It's so hard to think of anything to say and even when I do, it seems to come out wrongly.
I'm desperately lonely and to share some thoughts with some fellow forum users would be great.
I hope to post more soon if/when I can.

Hello, I just stumbled on this site (thank you google) in my search "feeling disconnected from people", which is where I'm at right now.

So much of what I've (briefly) read here resonates with me. It is nice to see others feeling the way that I do.

Thank you.

Yes you did just fine.

Welcome

Firefly said:
Hi there
I want to write a hello message but now I can't think of a thing to say. I seem to find it equally difficult on-line as in real life. It's so hard to think of anything to say and even when I do, it seems to come out wrongly.
I'm desperately lonely and to share some thoughts with some fellow forum users would be great.
I hope to post more soon if/when I can.

Hello.
It's okay if you can't think of anything to say. It has to come naturally when you feel the time is right.:)

hey firefly welcome to the forum

:D

we're not grammar proffesors so we won't judge you on your writting

just say what ever you want ( as long as it's not really mean to someone)

*hugs*

What a lovely, warm welcome.
Thank you all so much for your kindness.

I said:
Hi. You did fine. Did you want to tell us more about yourself?

I would love to but one of my problems is that I find it so hard to open up to people. I think that this is one of the reasons contributing to my loneliness.

Anyhoo, here's a couple of things for starters:
I live in the North-East of England and have been single since the end of my relationship with my long-term partner a few years ago.

I enjoy watching football and other sports, reading, listening to music.

It's probably extremely unlikely but I'm also a bit scared of being recognised on here by someone I know, so apologies for being a bit sketchy on details.

I'll try to post a bit more soon.

:) @ SophiaGrace

I wouldn't worry firefly, i highly doubt anyone here would know you.
I'm from the UK as well. :)
Anyway, these forums are for opening up so go ahead and do so if you wish.

I can understand being worried about that. You never know who's reading these things. You're not the only one that's vague about such things (that would be me in case anyone's wondering).

Is there anything specific that you want to talk about? Or is it just that you miss general conversations? In which case might I suggest reading the threads and trying to participate where you feel able to. If nothing else it will give you some practice in chatting.

I hope you it helps. Good luck.
btw-I'm in the UK too.

Latest posts

Back