Heyah

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kira

Reaction score
So, I've been reading around this forum for a few weeks and have finally decided to make a post (though it may well be my last as I'm more of a listener).

First and foremost I feel the need to say how much respect I have for those on this forum. I have read a lot of stories, and it is truly great to see people hanging on in there, not just because of how much of a struggle it can be for some and yet they persist, but because it gives hope to people like me. So, thanks.

I myself have always been a guy okay with staying at home, not really doing much so long as I have someone to talk to. Recently, I haven't. I have a few friends I would occasionally play video games with, though they have stopped inviting me and, me being me, I feel like I'm interrupting just by saying "hello".

That, though, isn't my real issue. The person I was dating broke up with me about a year ago - I was really depressed and I imagine hard to handle. She is with someone else now, and is the only person I talk to. She hasn't really had time for me recently; maybe a sentence a day. From 5 hour conversations to a sentence is painful. She started being insensitive - blaming me for being sad, not listening to me when I try to explain. As such, I have stopped speaking to her.

So now, I talk to no one. Hence, here I am.

Extra stuff about myself as a person: I am 17 as of current. To occupy my time I will write music - it's very therapeutic (though not as therapeutic as my two fluffy cats). I am at college at the moment, studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Computing and Biology. Without college no doubt I'd go insane stuck indoors. I don't really go outside often, only when with friends, of which I don't really have any. The acquaintances I have at college all see me as the happiest, smiliest, most positive person, which is odd seeing as most of the time I am depressed. I have told no one I am depressed - I guess i'm scared of the consequences. I like to think I'm a nice person. My aim in life is generally to make people smile (and according to the two people I have been with I am extremely sweet and cute). My proudest moment is probably talking a girl I hardly knew out of suicide. I've never kissed. My childhood was rather abusive. I have a large family and so people usually don't have time for me. I feel the need to re-iterate my love for smiling - everyone is beautiful when they smile. I am extremely shy. I am extremely lonely. I can honestly talk to one person for hours.

I think that'll do. Again, I may not post again, and again, you're all awesome people.

You sound really wonderful, dear. Welcome to the forum. If you ever wanna talk, PM me. :D

Also, I did actually read all of that, and I'm sorry about what happened with your ex girlfriend. :( That shucks..

HGwells said:
You sound really wonderful, dear. Welcome to the forum.
I completely agree :) I hope you find someone to talk with, you sound like you have a particularly precious soul, and it would be a waste not to express it. Anyway, this is a good place for being depressed, I talk from experience ;) welcome

You seem like a really nice guy and I hope things turn out really well for you.

Kira said:
I have a few friends I would occasionally play video games with, though they have stopped inviting me and, me being me, I feel like I'm interrupting just by saying "hello".

And I know exactly what you mean when you say this. :)

I'm curious to know what games you play!

You sound really sweet, I hope you find some people to talk to here. Lots of nice ones on the forum.

Welcome. :)

Kira, you are awesome too. It would be nice to have more nice people like you around the forum and in this world. There are a lot of very nice people you can talk to here, and I guess if you're shy, this is a good move of you posting a thread because then others could reach out to you instead. But you know you are always welcome to PM anytime you like.

Sorry to hear about the way things are going. I hope you don't let these things pull you down, there's so much to explore in life and you're still so young. Keep growing and keep strong, life may or may not give you much harder battles and setbacks but it could also give you the best things you could ever hope for. The only way to find out.. is to get through it.

Cheer up, you're still part of the ALL family even if you prefer to be quiet. We're still here for you anytime. :)

Hi there and welcome, this is a lovely place, I think you may find it really helpful, lots of lovely people. :)

Thank you all for the kind welcomes. Apologies for the really late reply, for whatever reason I was extremely anxious to check up on this thread (to be honest I was (stupidly) expecting to be hated) and basically ran away, so it is really warming to see exactly the opposite of what I feared. Thanks again =)

Latest posts

Back