How one week can totally change my mood.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonelyshyboy

Reaction score
Last week I was feeling great. After work last Friday, I took the chance to meet some new people from my uni course, and it was great fun. I proved to myself that I could be sociable in environment full of strangers.

This week I feel so pathetic and useless. It's now Friday night and I am sitting at home alone on the internet thinking about how I have no friends that enjoy going out and having fun. I also did something silly at work today. The kinda cute girl in my office had afternoon tea ready for everyone to join in, but I decided not to join in. I was then asked by one of my fellow workmates why I didn't join in, and I couldn't give a straight answer. The reason was because my voice was very hoarse at the time, and I was feeling rather useless and thinking negative thoughts about how no one in the office likes me, and that I don't deserve to have some of that girl's food. It was a stupid reason to not join in. The girl probably thinks that I am pathetic.

I have no plans for this weekend, and just feel like crying when all I really want to do is have a few drinks with people and have a dance. :(

No...the girl wasn't thinkingabout you that much.lol

Okay...after you get done crying...maybe you can just go to a club or wherever
the night life is at in the aera you live. go get drunk and dance with a girl or 10 girls.
The weekend just started....

You had pratice or experince so you know it's possible...Friday or Saturday why
should it matter..
Try to keep a balance though....I hated draging my butt into works during the
week nights, Ladies nites and stuff like that.lol

awwww.... i do feel like that sometimes...but I agree with Lonesome Crow, don't be too bothered about the girl. She wasn't thinking of you much really... a fact i discovered just recently, that sometimes people invite you along just to make numbers.

sorry, i did forget to pose a solution to your problem. What I suggest is that, give yourself some time, given the right opportunities, you will make friends aplenty in university. Be friendly too them and don't be too quick to jump to conclusions on them not liking you. Another suggestions, is maybe, well you can like go out alone, sometimes, do some exercise, hit the gym or go to the mall yourself. It is sometimes therapeutic to be alone. But have faith yourself dude, you have my support, do fill us in on your progress =).

We are all pathetic in our own way. :p But they are probably right, the girl didn't think too much about it. I'm left out of everything at work too, I'm a ghost that only gets seen if they need me. Last week they all went golfing and I was shocked when one guy ask me if I was going to be at work that day. I said yes and he was like "good, because I'm expecting a package" I bet he wasn't expecting the contents to be smashed to pieces.;) OOOPS!
I have my moments when I get noticed too. But they come few and far between and most of the time I don't even try because I have been ignored so many times.

Just tell the cute girl you're sorry but you never drink a girls tea before you take her to dinner and have a dance. Who knows? It just might work.

I agree with the others.
You might have been overthinking that one.

But honestly, I would have probably done the same thing...
But for different reasons.

alonelyshyboy said:
I just hate living like this. :(

What areas do you feel need improvement?

I am thinking maybe we are going about this the wrong way.
A lot of time spent is spilling our guts about our social failure, which is fine to let go of some of these feelings. But maybe we should spend more time analyzing what exactly what we want/need to change and exactly how to go about changing it.

The mundane parts of my life (ie. career) are fine. It's the social aspects that are severely lacking and making me feel unfulfilled.

humm, alonelyshyboy.... you can always change it by making small steps....start mixing with people at work...talk to them more, hang out with them, who knows, you might find a couple of good friends at work.

Man, I understand you. I have a girl on my work.....and I thought that she likes me too, less than I am but still.... I asked her, she denied. Don't think for her. If she would seriously like you than everyone in office would see it and you feel ))) I know one guy that has a lot of girls like him whereever he is. At work everyone, just everyone want to date him and things they did to get his attention.....just trust me, if she would like you then you surely would notice it.

Latest posts

Back