Hullo there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynda

Reaction score
I am pleased to meet you all. I am Lynda, aged 59 and live in London. I have had a very quick browse and think that many, if not all of you, are much younger than me but still I would like to post occasionally.

It has occurred to me that I am lonely! That may sound strange but I wasn't really that aware of loneliness until just recently, or perhaps my idea of loneliness did not match how I feel. I like my own company and am a bit of a "loner". I have felt acutely lonely in the past, especially when I was young. The way I feel now is not the same, I don't particularly want company, but there is no getting away from the fact that I am extremely isolated.

It is a very odd feeling, there is absolutely no-one outside of my "immediates" who is in the least concerned about my life. That's quite strange for someone of my age. Yet I don't think I would be an easy person to be friends with. I'm not horrible or unkind or anything like that, indeed many have said that I am extremely kind hearted and thoughtful, but I cannot cope with small talk, superficial chit chat, etc, and if I am in company for any length of time (which doesn't happen now!), I feel very tired.

I am married and have one grown up child who lives nearby and who I see regularly. I am pleased to say that my offspring is good fun and has a good social life, always has. My husband is lovely, I feel a bit sorry for him because I think he would like more social life but there is something about me that makes it difficult.

I haven't explained things very well, I probably sound like a real odd ball. If you met me I daresay I would seem no different to a lot of other people. Nevertheless I do think I am lonely. I don't know what to do about it.

When I was a child and when I was young I felt very unhappy at times because I did not fit in. However there were long periods of time when I did have fun and friends.

I do not go to work now though I did work most of my adult life.

Thank you for listening. I promise I will not be a burden.

Heya,

Welcome here.
You will find nice people here. Trust me! =)

Welcome Lynda

Lynda said:
Thank you for listening. I promise I will not be a burden.

Please don't worry about that. We are happy to have you here. :)

Hello Lynda!
I am one of the older ones here too, and I want to welcome you.
You have come to the right place.
I- like you- for the most part enjoy my own company, but there are times when we want to connect with others on some level.
Contribute what you like and take what you need from this place.
I think you'll like it. :)

Latest posts

Back