hunger strike

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhGodImLonely

Reaction score
Hello guys I have decided to go on hunger strike today and I have started this morning just before noon. I have been on an empty stomach for 7 hours now and I won't allow myself to eat anything before something new happens in my life.

I have thrown everything there was in the fridge and cupboards and am ready to deprive myself of food. It might not change anything and lead me to a slow death but I wouldn't give a fresia if that's what happens.

Good luck on your hunger strike. I can tell you what kind of new things might happen in your life from this point on if you continue with this. Either:

1. You will be hospitalized and put under psychiatric surveillance.
-OR-
2. You will die.

Those seem to me the only two available options the future holds for you if you continue with this stupidity.

I was just looking for your last thread to see how you are doing and saw this one.

Please remember what you said in reference to not wanting to upset your Mum. What is Starving yourself going to do to her ?

Nurishment of a healthy diet when stressed is very important. I think what you said regarding last post of having beer and chocolate have not helped either.

Alcohol is a magnifying glass to our underlying mood and a potential depressant, the lift it gives lasts about 20% of intoxication and the remaining 80% brings you down. Too much sugar actually makes people irritable.

Please go and get yourself something to eat.

pacman said:
Good luck on your hunger strike. I can tell you what kind of new things might happen in your life from this point on if you continue with this. Either:

1. You will be hospitalized and put under psychiatric surveillance.
-OR-
2. You will die.

Those seem to me the only two available options the future holds for you if you continue with this stupidity.

It doesn't matter. If that's what happens I'll be glad either way.

monkeysocks said:
I was just looking for your last thread to see how you are doing and saw this one.

Please remember what you said in reference to not wanting to upset your Mum. What is Starving yourself going to do to her ?

Nurishment of a healthy diet when stressed is very important. I think what you said regarding last post of having beer and chocolate have not helped either.

Alcohol is a magnifying glass to our underlying mood and a potential depressant, the lift it gives lasts about 20% of intoxication and the remaining 80% brings you down. Too much sugar actually makes people irritable.

Please go and get yourself something to eat.

At least people will think that I have died from a natural cause. How can they know if I was starving myself to death ? Hahahaha ! I have found the solution !

That's stupid.

Things don't just miraculously happen on their own.

GO ******* MAKE YOUR OWN CHANGE IN YOUR OWN LIFE.

...instead of starving yourself for no **** reason, why don't you go out and find a cafe, order a cup of coffee, and smile at some girls?

That'll make you feel better right quickly, I think.

Will your Mum be glad ? To sit and watch you suffer in either scenario (hospital or morgue). Remember the other day when you said how much it would hurt her - her pain will never go away if you die will it.

We have to find the strength for others we love even if we can't find it for ourselves. There is lots of help for you if you look in the right places.

Badjedidude said:
That's stupid.

Things don't just miraculously happen on their own.

GO ******* MAKE YOUR OWN CHANGE IN YOUR OWN LIFE.

...instead of starving yourself for no **** reason, why don't you go out and find a cafe, order a cup of coffee, and smile at some girls?

That'll make you feel better right quickly, I think.

The Buddah found illumination after having fasted 49 days. Maybe that's where I'll get with that hunger strike. Or I'll be dead.

OhGodImLonely said:
At least people will think that I have died from a natural cause. How can they know if I was starving myself to death ? Hahahaha ! I have found the solution !

Um, ever heard of an Autopsy? They're not going to be like "Oh no, he starved, how awful!" When you have a garbage can full of food. (d)

So....
You are starving yourself (for, uh, seven hours...) in hopes that something will new will just happen to you out of the blue.

Sounds legit.

Listen, guy, your empty stomach isn't going to shift the cosmos and make things happen for you. If you want something new to happen in your life, eat a sandwich and go do something new.

OhGodImLonely said:
The Buddah found illumination after having fasted 49 days. Maybe that's where I'll get with that hunger strike. Or I'll be dead.

Oh, quit being dramatic. Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days in a tomb, and Muhammed rode an ostrich-goat deity up to the stars, blah blah blah.

I think it's time for you to take ownership in your own life and quit whining about your situation.

Try focusing on things OTHER than your own misery -- GO OUT AND FIND A REASON TO ENJOY LIFE.

Life isn't going to give you honeysuckle.

You have to manufacture your OWN honeysuckle.

...and by that, I mean start eating.

monkeysocks said:
Will your Mum be glad ? To sit and watch you suffer in either scenario (hospital or morgue). Remember the other day when you said how much it would hurt her - her pain will never go away if you die will it.

We have to find the strength for others we love even if we can't find it for ourselves. There is lots of help for you if you look in the right places.

I don't know. Let's see what happens.

The other day you were obviously brighter in mood - even encouraging others - I didn't say but I was Proud of you - so put yourself back in that frame of mind and EAT.

Badjedidude said:
OhGodImLonely said:

Oh, quit being dramatic. Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days in a tomb, and Muhammed rode an ostrich-goat deity up to the stars, blah blah blah.

I think it's time for you to take ownership in your own life and quit whining about your situation.

Try focusing on things OTHER than your own misery -- GO OUT AND FIND A REASON TO ENJOY LIFE.

Life isn't going to give you honeysuckle.

You have to manufacture your OWN honeysuckle.

...and by that, I mean start eating.

Why do you have to be so negative ? I have tried to enjoy life as much as I could but no matter what I did I was never happy. I don't think anything can bring any joy to my life any more.

Dying right now or being held in a mental institution wouldn't be so dramatic after all I've gone through. I know what pain means. I've had a lot of it.

OhGodImLonely said:
Why do you have to be so negative ? I have tried to enjoy life as much as I could but no matter what I did I was never happy. I don't think anything can bring any joy to my life any more.

Dying right now or being held in a mental institution wouldn't be so dramatic after all I've gone through. I know what pain means. I've had a lot of it.

Yeah.

Here's a news flash:

We've all had pain. Hobos have had pain. Hollywood superstars have had pain. Doctors have had pain. Babies have had pain.

There's a lot of pain in the world; but that doesn't mean you have to GIVE IN to it.

You simply have to make the choice to be happy no matter your circumstances. And don't tell me it's not possible --

I've seen kids with cancer be happy.

So buck up, quit whining, and get on with life.

I don't think Badjedidude is being negative, please remember that making such claims will cause different reactions - but however they come across they have your best interests at heart.

I think he's on to something here. I too will go on a hunger strike until something changes. No more food for Lim!

Holding your body as hostage until you get affection could win you some. But a begged out affection is not the same as genuine one.
The only thing you need to be loved is to love yourself.

I hope you end this silliness as soon as possible so you can have the physical energy to do something less pointless.

perfanoff said:
Holding your body as hostage until you get affection could win you some. But a begged out affection is not the same as genuine one.
The only thing you need to be loved is to love yourself.

I hope you end this silliness as soon as possible so you can have the physical energy to do something less pointless.

So True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back