Hurt to the point of crying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman1978

Reaction score
Do any of you ever get so upset about your appearance that all you can do is cry?

I used to, but I just stopped caring some time ago, I suppose it's some sort of automated self defense mechanism :/
Now whenever someone is an ass to me I just go "Uhuh" and move on.
Works most of the time.

Sigma said:
I used to, but I just stopped caring some time ago...

Same here, pretty much. I used to get really upset and occasionally cry as I was always the short one or the weak one because I'm smaller than most and rather skinny. Eventually, the jokes all got old and I just became numb to it.

is that your picture on your avatar iceman? You look like a normal dude to me.

Nope, because I don't care what other people think of me. I like me. I like me more than anybody else, in fact.

Gotta say, you look like regular guy to me as well.
Didn't make me gauge my eyes out or scream in terror and run for the hills, and that's always a good sign.

People have told me right to my face that I'm ugly. I try not to let it bother me, but sometimes when I think about it, it gets the better of me.

Just ask yourself if the opinions of people who go out of their way just to be an ******* to you really matter to you.
Because apparently just like Lone Apothecary and bodafuko, I just stopped caring about what such people said altogether at some point.
Apathy aint all that either, but it sure beats depression.

I know, I know. I shouldn't let it bother me like this, but it hurts. I can't even stand to see my reflection in the mirror without getting upset.

Well there really isn't a whole lot people here can say or do to change your view of yourself.
Although you could post a picture of yourself in the corresponding thread here and take a look at the reactions there.
I really doubt anyone will call you ugly :p

Whoever called you ugly, you should tell them their face looks like smushy honeysuckle and give no credit to what they say. People should not say such things. No one is "ugly". All people have inherent beauty. We are just different.

Thanks Sigma.

Just added mine.

bodafuko said:
Whoever called you ugly, you should tell them their face looks like smushy honeysuckle and give no credit to what they say. People should not say such things. No one is "ugly". All people have inherent beauty. We are just different.

I want to believe that, and I need to believe that, but I don't believe I have an inherent beauty.

"You look like Beavis"

That was one remark that was made to me.

Beavis is awesome.

There are cruel people everywhere. Thank them for calling you ugly. That way you know not to waste any more time on them. Life is far too short, my friend, to listen to those people. Trust me.

Iceman1978 said:
Even if I believe that they're correct?

Then you've got to take active steps to stop believing it. I know what you've described (at least in this post) is not precisely bullying. But it does share one thing in common.

Bullies torment you once. The victims torment themselves for the rest of their lives - by repeating the lies and attacks. Someone calls you ugly once or twice...and for the rest of your life you repeat it.

Who needs bullies? When you are your own best bully?

See how that works? It's a VERY self-destructive behavior. It's something you may want to read on to understand and counteract the psychology behind it and therefore reclaim your happiness.

It can happen.

If it were just one person that would be one thing, but it's happened many times and over a long time span.

I get it, and I'm not trying to diminish or otherwise "reduce" the significance of the things people have said to you. Some of us are granted with a distinct look. I fit into that category. So what I am saying to you, I have experienced first hand as well. For the better part of my life I was called "fat" and "ugly".

What I am saying to you is that you need to rethink who you speak to or socialize with if people (ANYONE) is calling you "ugly".

I mean...who in the hell actually says that to people? That's the sort of thing that only children or very cruel adults do? Are you spending your time with mean kids or cruel adults?

No normal adult would say "Hey, long time no see, having a good day? Oh...by the way..you are dead ugly".

I mean...what the fresia?

Latest posts

Back