I am a man and a loner, do I have any hope?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladimir Putin

Reaction score
Hi, I am an old member that rarley posts. But I've noticedsome things about getting a girl friend. If you have friends it is easy, they might even approach you. If you're alone they wont even look at you. It's like girls DEMAND that you have friends. Doesn't matter if they are shy/loners themselves.

Is there any hope getting a gf if you're not super good looking and tall?

Just to clarify something, love does work in mysterious ways, meaning that any woman can fall for any man and vice versa, not all people look for the same things in the opposite sex so you definitely have a chance, as long as you find the right woman. As for having friends with you, that isn't always necessary, in fact most men go solo when pursuing women.

I wouldn't say this is necessarily so. Women can include, or exclude, someone for a variety of reasons.

Maybe you could get one if you ease up on the LGBT community in your country Mr. President :p

Good looking doesn't matter as much as being tall, husky, or well-dressed. If you're good looking without any of the other 3, I would say it's only a marginal help at best.

Bringing home enough bread will always help; a crappy job will not cut it.

Dependence of any kind will kill you. You should live on your own.

Charisma and charm is a way around some of the above problems, but unfortunately, you either have it, or you don't. You cannot learn charisma. Then there's also the "bad boy," arrogant kinda "anti-charm." It's another thing you either have or you don't, and you can't force it.

If you don't have enough of the above, then I suggest forgetting about this whole thing, and accepting that you're just not "wired" to have a relationship. Some people aren't wired to be good at sports, and some can't even throw a bowling ball anywhere besides the gutter. A similar logic pertains to relationships, IMO. You cannot force improvement when the innate ability is absent.

Batman55 said:
Good looking doesn't matter as much as being tall, husky, or well-dressed. If you're good looking without any of the other 3, I would say it's only a marginal help at best.

Charisma and charm is a way around some of the above problems, but unfortunately, you either have it, or you don't. You cannot learn charisma. Then there's also the "bad boy," arrogant kinda "anti-charm." It's another thing you either have or you don't, and you can't force it.

If you don't have enough of the above, then I suggest forgetting about this whole thing, and accepting that you're just not "wired" to have a relationship. Some people aren't wired to be good at sports, and some can't even throw a bowling ball anywhere besides the gutter. A similar logic pertains to relationships, IMO. You cannot force improvement when the innate ability is absent.

I think everyone has a chance.. just a matter of how big or small the chance is.. depending on so many factors that come to play. So maybe look at what you think could be making your chance slimmer.. and improve on them, to increase your chances of attracting someone.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I wouldn't say this is necessarily so. Women can include, or exclude, someone for a variety of reasons.

EVERYONE does, not just women.

Batman55 said:

NO! I find more of this junk a whole lot of people are going to get time off from the forum.

ladyforsaken said:
I think everyone has a chance.. just a matter of how big or small the chance is.. depending on so many factors that come to play. So maybe look at what you think could be making your chance slimmer.. and improve on them, to increase your chances of attracting someone.

Batman55 said:

Pardon me Batman, but this is total and utter nonsense and can actually affect the psychological state of many members of this site. Women aren't martians, they are humans, just like men, you know? They want to love and be loved as well, and there is nothing stopping any woman in giving any man a chance. As long as the guy is confident in himself and takes care of his physical appearance and hygiene a bit, there will eventually be a girl out there for him. I'm not saying that everyone is entitled to a relationship, because quite frankly many people don't, but I do support that as long as a man keeps a chip on both shoulders, he should be able to at least attempt to talk to women.

Seeker said:
Batman55 said:

Pardon me Batman, but this is total and utter nonsense and can actually affect the psychological state of many members of this site. Women aren't martians, they are humans, just like men, you know? They want to love and be loved as well, and there is nothing stopping any woman in giving any man a chance. As long as the guy is confident in himself and takes care of his physical appearance and hygiene a bit, there will eventually be a girl out there for him. I'm not saying that everyone is entitled to a relationship, because quite frankly many people don't, but I do support that as long as a man keeps a chip on both shoulders, he should be able to at least attempt to talk to women.

+1

Erm, attraction is far from a simple list of true and false statements like I had there.. I'll give you that.

It's just I've often found that reality tends toward the less pleasant things, the things you'd rather not believe, but have often heard about, and often suspected all along.

But anyway, don't give up. And keep in mind I'm not experienced in these matters. It's just my opinion "through a scanner darkly".. lopsided, reflecting my lack of success.

Wait, a leader of a country and a superhero are talking about how hard it is to meet women.

I just realized, I don't stand a chance.

Damnit.

Batman55 said:
Erm, attraction is far from a simple list of true and false statements like I had there.. I'll give you that.
It only gets complicated if you're on the grey zone. If you're short and lack friends, or tall and have friends, it is black and white. If you're tall but look down on the ground you might have a go with girls that like shy mysterious guys. Men are no different bt w.

It's just I've often found that reality tends toward the less pleasant things, the things you'd rather not believe, but have often heard about, and often suspected all along.
Men ususally meet girls true mutual friends or at bars.

But anyway, don't give up. And keep in mind I'm not experienced in these matters. It's just my opinion "through a scanner darkly".. lopsided, reflecting my lack of success.

Over here you get girls through mutual friends or in clubs and bars where you're both drunk and let inhibitions go. And since I am a lonely person it is hard to see it happening.

I do agree that a lot of girls tend to judge you on how many friends you have. If you don't have a lot, you are creepy.

I have to say....it has NEVER crossed my mind, even ONCE to question how many friends a guy has as some sort of criteria.
Id be curious to see what some of the other females here on the site have to say on the subject.

Vladimir Putin said:
Over here you get girls through mutual friends or in clubs and bars where you're both drunk and let inhibitions go. And since I am a lonely person it is hard to see it happening.

Where is "over here"? Are you in the Soviet Union?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Wait, a leader of a country and a superhero are talking about how hard it is to meet women.

I just realized, I don't stand a chance.

Damnit.

I won't be a superhero much longer. :p

I plan on changing this nickname, to something less "commercial and packaged." I would have changed it before, but you need a moderator's approval, and I just put it off.

Latest posts

Back