I can't find people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xpendable said:
One time (I don't remember where) someone asked in a forum where to meet people. The question was marked as ridiculous, but it made sense to me.

"of course you can meet people in bars and clubs"

But what if I don't want to meet people who go to bars and clubs?
I don't want to look for people in restaurants or the mall, I don't want to look for people in concerts. I don't care for people who go out just because. People who go out where everyone goes out. I don't want to find people who does the exact same thing that everyone else.

I can't find people that ask questions, people who break the mold. I can't find people with unique opinions. I can't find people that know things no one else knows. I don't know where to find people that don't think about money, or celebrities. People who aren't thinking which brand is better or what cell phone takes the best selfies.
I feel I'm going mad, looking for ghosts of ideas that never existed. Looking for an spiritual "resistance" hiding from the noise. I can't find people that make me want to be better; to learn more, to give more.
I don't want small talk, I don't care how's the weather or what do you do for a living. I don't want to hear about cars or fashion. I don't care what team is doing well this season or for what candidate are you voting. I don't care how your kids are getting good grades or what diet are you taking, what shows are you watching or what band is releasing a new record.

I can't find people who look from outside... and beyond. People who make me feel sane. Maybe they don't exist. Or maybe they are also looking...

Why would you want to find people? People suck!

Jafo said:
Xpendable said:
One time (I don't remember where) someone asked in a forum where to meet people. The question was marked as ridiculous, but it made sense to me.

"of course you can meet people in bars and clubs"

But what if I don't want to meet people who go to bars and clubs?
I don't want to look for people in restaurants or the mall, I don't want to look for people in concerts. I don't care for people who go out just because. People who go out where everyone goes out. I don't want to find people who does the exact same thing that everyone else.

I can't find people that ask questions, people who break the mold. I can't find people with unique opinions. I can't find people that know things no one else knows. I don't know where to find people that don't think about money, or celebrities. People who aren't thinking which brand is better or what cell phone takes the best selfies.
I feel I'm going mad, looking for ghosts of ideas that never existed. Looking for an spiritual "resistance" hiding from the noise. I can't find people that make me want to be better; to learn more, to give more.
I don't want small talk, I don't care how's the weather or what do you do for a living. I don't want to hear about cars or fashion. I don't care what team is doing well this season or for what candidate are you voting. I don't care how your kids are getting good grades or what diet are you taking, what shows are you watching or what band is releasing a new record.

I can't find people who look from outside... and beyond. People who make me feel sane. Maybe they don't exist. Or maybe they are also looking...

Why would you want to find people? People suck!

How'd the affair expose turn out?

This post (the very first one) made so much sense to me.
I have people, but 99% of them does'nt know or understand me.
I can understand the frustration, like what are you supposed to do when every person you meet drives you further to isolation?? (I've struggled with this a lot)
My comfort is my best friend. She's that one in a million. Stay strong

Latest posts

Back