I hate you.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadface

Reaction score
I hate everyone, and I don't know why. I feel like when I first get to know people, I like them and everything's fine, but after I get to know them, certain personality aspects really start to bug me to a large degree. I'm not talking after a week, i'm talking two or three years down the road. They're good friends who I love, but that I just don't LIKE anymore. I love them but i don't LIKE them.

I know these are things that I need to just learn to accept - part of being someone's friend is to accept them, but I have a very hard time doing this. I want to, though. I want to be okay with them, and be accepting.

Anyone have any tips on making this easier?

They probably have aspects they don't like about you, but they deal with them. When you say "I love them but i don't LIKE them." do you mean you don't like them as a person? or just don't like some of the "flaws" that they have?

I don't really want to make any suggestions till I know more about what you mean.

Cereal said:
They probably have aspects they don't like about you, but they deal with them. When you say "I love them but i don't LIKE them." do you mean you don't like them as a person? or just don't like some of the "flaws" that they have?

I don't really want to make any suggestions till I know more about what you mean.

i don't know how to describe it. I love them, they mean a lot to me, but they just aggravate me most of the time. This is all multiple people in my life. the flaws bother me to a really large extent.

Since they mean a lot to you, you should try to enjoy being with them more.
Try to concentrate on thinking about what is special in them, what you love in them etc

I like you :)

I feel the same way. I hate almost everyone. Its because they are so accepting of all the honeysuckle around them. They live in mediocracy, and I cant accept that. "eew, thats weird, I dont like that"

Its not as bad as it used to be. Ive learned to feel sorry for people.

eris said:
I feel the same way. I hate almost everyone. Its because they are so accepting of all the honeysuckle around them. They live in mediocracy, and I cant accept that. "eew, thats weird, I dont like that"

Its not as bad as it used to be. Ive learned to feel sorry for people.

Mediocrity compared to.... what? Your personal beliefs and standards?

No offense, but what you just said sounds pretty damned arrogant. You feel sorry for those that don't see the universe like you do? You hate people because they don't follow your beliefs or outlook on life?

Wow.

I feel sorry for people who accept things instead of trying to change things.

Mediocracy meaning they dont question what might be, only accept what is.

eris said:
I feel sorry for people who accept things instead of trying to change things.

Mediocracy meaning they dont question what might be, only accept what is.

Not everyone wants to expand their horizons. Believe it or not, some people can live happily their entire lives without knowing or challenging or experiencing more than they did when they were 12.

Does that mean that they may have missed out on some things that life has to offer? Possibly.

Does that make their life or experience worth any less than yours? Nope.

sadface said:
Cereal said:
How often do you spend just alone by yourself?

a lot.

Well, I'm not sure what to say, as I personally am thankful for any company I get - even more so after spending hours upon hours alone, by myself in my room.

The only advice I can give you is think of all the nice things these people do for you. They spend part of their valuable life socializing with you, and that shouldn't be taken for granted.
I'm sure you've already tried thinking like that though, so basically I'm useless to you. Good luck and sorry you feel this way.

I never said I was better than them, only that I feel sorry for what they could be.

Im talking about people that do what is expected of them, and not what they want to do.. They never question authority or society in general. What some people may call "sheep".

When I say "medicrocy" I mean they accept what people tell them, and never question authority. Im talking about people that walk blindly through life not even knowing what they really want because someone told them what they want and they accept it. These people never reach their potential and they dont even know themselves. They feel society expects something out of them and they just do what they think they should do, not what they want to do.

I dont mean people with different opinions than me.

Im talking about people that dont have opinions at all.

Cereal said:
sadface said:
Cereal said:
How often do you spend just alone by yourself?

a lot.

Well, I'm not sure what to say, as I personally am thankful for any company I get - even more so after spending hours upon hours alone, by myself in my room.

The only advice I can give you is think of all the nice things these people do for you. They spend part of their valuable life socializing with you, and that shouldn't be taken for granted.
I'm sure you've already tried thinking like that though, so basically I'm useless to you. Good luck and sorry you feel this way.

It's not that I'm not thankful, or that I don't take it for granted, its that I let small things get the best of me. I don't know how to just turn off my mind sometimes.

Wandering stranger said:
It's all good shawn, if you don't like something about someone there's no reason why you should continue speaking with them. If you think they could change it then you could address it and see if they correct it but otherwise there's a reason why peers are called peers.

then i end up even more alone

Hi sadface! I just found out your name is Shawn :)

Anyways, there are also certain things I don't like about my close friends. But it doesn't really reach the level where I get irritated that I back off and end up feeling alone. I think you're gonna have to change a bit of your mindset cause I believe you realize that your situation right now isn't gonna benefit anyone especially yourself. Negative feelings = no good. No one's perfect sadface and I'm pretty sure if you leave the friends you have now and go find others, chances are they may disappoint as well. You may even begin to realize the friends you had at first were better.

But I'm not really blaming you at all since, well... it's who you are. It's you :) Disliking your friends because of things they do that you don't like defines a bit of yourself. But the whole thing is up to you anyways. I wish the best for you and for whatever you're gonna choose to do :) Only you can make the right choice.

sadface said:

I sure don't because i do/feel pretty much the same way. It makes me feel like i have grown intolerant. Sometimes a little break from them helps, but there has to be something better that that.

sadface said:
It's not that I'm not thankful, or that I don't take it for granted, its that I let small things get the best of me. I don't know how to just turn off my mind sometimes.

I really relate to this. :(

Sometimes we have our own worst enemy inside our head. It's hard to defeat.

a side effect of this is that im so aded by people that i cant open up to them anymore. i just feel alone and tired

i just feel like life is one big sigh

I feel the same way a lot.

Everyone seems to be the same.

Just know that hatred is a lot harder on yourself than it is on others.

I wish you the best!

sadface said:
I hate everyone, and I don't know why. I feel like when I first get to know people, I like them and everything's fine, but after I get to know them, certain personality aspects really start to bug me to a large degree. I'm not talking after a week, i'm talking two or three years down the road. They're good friends who I love, but that I just don't LIKE anymore. I love them but i don't LIKE them.

I know these are things that I need to just learn to accept - part of being someone's friend is to accept them, but I have a very hard time doing this. I want to, though. I want to be okay with them, and be accepting.

Yes. Your feelings come from habitual thoughts. You've developed the habit on focusing on the negative and fault finding and that leads to being irritated with them instead of appreciating them.
To change this, practice changing your attitude. Insert the words "tolerance" and think about what you like about them and how you appreciate them instead of how you disapprove of them. Keep practicing until the fault finding becomes a thing of the past and the new attitude is inserted.

If I were you, I'd make this a major priority. To hate is horrible. It's such a negative vibration. And to reject people because you feel more sophisticated than them, well, that is not very nice or pleasant and also, I am willing to be they are more sophisticaed/better than you at some things.

Also, hang out with other counterculturists who question things and want to philosophize more. Maybe you'll get a taste of your own medicine and understand more!

Latest posts

Back