I think I am a ghost.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdot

Reaction score
Loneliness seems to be magnified when you have nothing in common with anyone.

This morning I get to work and multiple people are all talking about their kids. Pretty much everyone my age has kids of all ages and they all always have stuff to talk about that their kids are doing. It's like everyone is telling me, "good morning! Let us remind you of why your life is pointless."

This weekend I had to hear multiple times about kids and when they teach sex ed. They are all telling their experiences and when they had it and stuff. I was sitting there going, "I never had sex ed. My parents refused to let them teach it to me. To this day I still don't know anything about that stuff." As usual they just ignored me anyways.

I hate the weekend shift I have been moved to. 3 women and 1 annoying autistic guy. 2 of the women do not even acknowledge that I exist. The other is the lead and doesn't spend her time talking to anyone. No one to talk to for 2 straight days.

I'm shocked the newly re-married guy hasn't been talking about his honeymoon yet. I guess since he came in an hour before I did, maybe I lucked out and missed that conversation.
Nevermind, that conversation has just about him getting re-married. So now I get to hear about everyone else's experiences with being married.

My e-mail at home is always empty. I get annoyed at spam mail, not because it's spam but because it's a false hope that when I get a notification that I have mail that it might be someone wanting to say something. It's so bad that I sometimes literally get sick just dreading opening the e-mail program when I see there is mail there because I dread the emptiness that I feel when it's just stuff to delete.
My phone could be thrown away and no one would even know since it never rings.
Even people I know in person who I send an e-mail to rarely ever respond. Some never do.

I'm just so mentally exhausted.

blackdot said:
Loneliness seems to be magnified when you have nothing in common with anyone.

This morning I get to work and multiple people are all talking about their kids. Pretty much everyone my age has kids of all ages and they all always have stuff to talk about that their kids are doing. It's like everyone is telling me, "good morning! Let us remind you of why your life is pointless."

This weekend I had to hear multiple times about kids and when they teach sex ed. They are all telling their experiences and when they had it and stuff. I was sitting there going, "I never had sex ed. My parents refused to let them teach it to me. To this day I still don't know anything about that stuff." As usual they just ignored me anyways.

I hate the weekend shift I have been moved to. 3 women and 1 annoying autistic guy. 2 of the women do not even acknowledge that I exist. The other is the lead and doesn't spend her time talking to anyone. No one to talk to for 2 straight days.

I'm shocked the newly re-married guy hasn't been talking about his honeymoon yet. I guess since he came in an hour before I did, maybe I lucked out and missed that conversation.
Nevermind, that conversation has just about him getting re-married. So now I get to hear about everyone else's experiences with being married.

My e-mail at home is always empty. I get annoyed at spam mail, not because it's spam but because it's a false hope that when I get a notification that I have mail that it might be someone wanting to say something. It's so bad that I sometimes literally get sick just dreading opening the e-mail program when I see there is mail there because I dread the emptiness that I feel when it's just stuff to delete.
My phone could be thrown away and no one would even know since it never rings.
Even people I know in person who I send an e-mail to rarely ever respond. Some never do.

I'm just so mentally exhausted.

I would change jobs because it sounds very depressing.

The beauty of working in retail is even if the workers are miserable, I always have the customers to talk to. Some people I work with don't even answer me when I say 'hello' to them. But it doesn't bother me because the customers are always friendly and willing to chat about stuff.

I would change jobs if I knew how to but this job pays well, is close to my house, and I know what I am doing here so I wouldn't handle changing jobs too well.
Retail would be horrible pay and i would be stuck out in public.

There are a couple of people in my group that don't date people. I can handle talking to them with no problem. The one that sits beside me though is out of work today.

blackdot said:
I would change jobs if I knew how to but this job pays well, is close to my house, and I know what I am doing here so I wouldn't handle changing jobs too well.
Retail would be horrible pay and i would be stuck out in public.

There are a couple of people in my group that don't date people. I can handle talking to them with no problem. The one that sits beside me though is out of work today.

if your not going to change anything about your life, you will miserable for a long time.

blackdot said:

Maybe put your email address on your forum profile?
err...lol, but then maybe you don't email from us forum people. :p lol

duff said:
if your not going to change anything about your life, you will miserable for a long time.

I need to know what I'm supposed to change to first. I can't just randomly change as I don't know how to do that and that would just lead to panic attacks.

EveWasFramed said:

But doesn't this site have a built in personal message system? I consider that the same as e-mail.

blackdot said:
duff said:

I need to know what I'm supposed to change to first. I can't just randomly change as I don't know how to do that and that would just lead to panic attacks.

EveWasFramed said:

But doesn't this site have a built in personal message system? I consider that the same as e-mail.

change your attitude. Don't be bitter or jealous of others.

duff said:
The beauty of working in retail is even if the workers are miserable, I always have the customers to talk to. Some people I work with don't even answer me when I say 'hello' to them. But it doesn't bother me because the customers are always friendly and willing to chat about stuff.

I used to have the customers to talk until I started working in the warehouse almost 3 years ago. When I was out on the sales floor, I used to have some of the greatest convos with customers and sometimes made my day. Some of them eventually became acquaintances of mine (friends they are not in my eyes but cool people). I don't get much of that anymore but I'll admit there are times I text my friends at work when I have down time (although that's hard at times because I have limited contacts I really want to convo with). Hell, I'm doing this response in my down time.

That happens to everyone. Until I went prepaid earlier this year, I never texted because I hated it and saw no point in having it so I disabled when I was with AT&T (along with data). I still don't like texting but I do it to pass the time since I can't have many verbal convos with people these days especially since I'm at work most of the time.

I don't have a cell phone.
If phones and plans were free, I'd look at getting one but I just don't see the purpose of paying for something I would never use.

Latest posts

Back