I wish friendship was like how it is in the Harry Potter movies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remedy

Reaction score
I feel dorky typing this and making this thread but due to the very fact of how my friends treat what I like. I love the harry potter movies and have always wanted the friendships that the characters in these movies hold. My friend loves calling me gay and a fag for liking the harry potter movies. I've been having difficulties with him lately. I can acknowledge what I do wrong and apologize for it but he can't do the same. The only person he seems to have a care and understanding for is himself. His happiness and life is way more important then anyone else's, WAY more important. If he wants to be a jerk and wants to hurt my feelings or never forgive me for something so insignifcant, that is his problem. The most important person in my life is my love. His most important person in his life is his love as well and everything should be mutual.

This is probably my absolute favorite part of any movie I have ever watched in my life. The part that starts from like 3:50 on in this youtube video. I love the strength of the characters relationships in the harry potter movies, it is what I have always wanted. I found it by finding my love but the family and friendship encounters I have still bother me, since I'm around them still. This is just how I perceive it but Harry is being taken over by voldemort in this scene and at the start he is constantly seeing images of his loved ones being killed or hurt. He keeps seeing these images till his friends walk in the room. By seeing his friends/loved ones walk in the room it seems like he starts to realize that voldemort is the weak one.

He starts seeing good/happy images of him with his loved ones/friends. Thinking of the great memories and the bond that him and his loved ones hold. He is able to break out of what Voldemort is trying to do to him due to the strength and love of his friendships/relationships. It is the most touching part of any movie I have ever seen. Just watching him see his friends come into the room and the flood of joyful/happy images coming into his mind, is so touching. Even after all that death and the endless suffering he is put through is no match for the loving bond that is a friendship/relationship. I might be wrong in some ways but that is how I perceive this scene.

I know there are going to be people out there who think im gay, stupid, dorky, or anything else for expressing this but I don't care. Especially since I'm a guy but I don't really care. I would much rather be a guy like this then one who always thinks about satisfying his dick by getting pussy and shows no compassion or sensitivity. Without the sensitivity and compassion for other people I hold now, I would just feel so dead inside. I feel so much more different then a lot of guys and even people out there. I'm far from perfect but I try my best to be loving, considerate, and compassionate toward other people.

There are a lot of things about myself that I need to improve on and realize. I need to learn from any mistake I ever made or will make to be as good of a person as I hope to be. It is just good to know that I feel really bad after I make a mistake or hurt someone's feelings. I know that I can be very judgmental but usually toward people who only care about themselves or ruin other people's lives. I have always wanted special friendships to go along with the greatest love of my life. I have found the greatest joy of my life, my love. I guess it is just that I wish I had experienced some really awesome friendships. I think I have experienced one friendship like that but he ended up moving away. The Harry Potter movies just show these wonderful, true, and really awesome friendships/relationships so well. It is how everything should be but I guess it isn't. I'm just happy I have found that special someone that I know I can love with all my heart and feel loved back. She is the brightest joy of my life and I'm so glad to have found her. It would have been nice to have experienced some friendships like this a lot but now my main focus is my love.

I know that I am a guy and that this is just a movie but it's really touching. It's how strong friendship should be.
From 3:50 on is the scene I'm talking about
[youtube]x6MRjMCRknc[/youtube]

Yea, okay. You feel dumb for saying you wish friendship was like Harry Potter. Know what puts a lump in MY throat? Pokemon! People always think I'm soooo weird, but those relationships are very loving and supportive... and every time I see something like that, I'm like, "Why can't I have a relationship like that?"

It's so hard...not to be irritable, or mean...or snarky...

Seriously, it is. Besides, if we were to become the person that would make a great friend, people would just take advantage of us.

That's what stops me from becoming a "good person" fear of the people who'd see it as an open invitation just to take advantage.

I believe that many people would take advantage too when they saw they could get away with it.

Or how about that Lord of the Rings? Frodo and Sam and all those Shire folks.

Remedy...I can tell you are a good person.
But it is difficult to be good in a world so cruel.
It is simply easier to hurt those back who hurt you.
At times, I wish I was cruel towards others.
And yet, I don't want to become what I hate.

As for Harry Potter, I loved the Harry Potter books and wish I had someone to go with to the Harry Potter Theme-park in Orlando, Florida. Walking around Disneyworld alone - while fun - was very lonely so it'll be a cold day in hell before I venture out there again. :p

When I see those type of portrayals about friendship; I convince myself that it is insincere and fake in order to comfort myself.
However, I do admit to truly seeing those type of bonds that others have with another and it's just another bullet to the heart.
I too wish that friendship was like how it is in the Harry Potter movies.
To that, I would celebrate with Butterbeer. :p

Latest posts

Back