I'm lonelier than you, because...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_visionary

Reaction score
Who is the loneliest person here? Let's have a competition. It might be fun, in a gallows humor sort of way. I'll start.

I'm lonelier than you, because:
1. I live in a very remote area
2. I'm one of the older ones here - I've been lonely since before you were born.
3. I spent most of my life in a cult-like religion, then left it - so I don't fit in anywhere.
4. My life is devoted to utopian goals that nobody else shares or understands.

OK, your turn. Beat that.

I don't know that you can compare and rate loneliness in that manner. For example, i like living in a remote area so it doesn't contribute to my loneliness, though i never have fit in anywhere even without a cult to belong to.

.... because i feel lonelier?!

i can see that maybe you're trying to lighten the atmosphere etc and bring humour to what can be a cripplingly depressing situation, but seriously, i'd rather not be in a joke competition qnd find out that i'm either the lonliest here or that i'm not lonely enough to be on this forum.

I'm not sure this type of "game" would be very helpful to anyone who's lonely.

If you ask me, it's best not to dwell on your loneliness, but to actively continue to try and change your situation.

*shrug*

Everyone has their own unique problems, all the loneliness and depression and everything are unique to ourselves.
For example, a 20 year old in Africa might be homeless, disease ridden and hungry, but guess what? he gets the girls, he gets the sex.

a 20 year old in America might have a house, loving parents, never hungry and healthy, BUT HES STILL A VIRGIN AND IS DEPRESSED ABOUT IT

so there is really no point in playing this game.

lonely_visionary said:
Who is the loneliest person here? Let's have a competition. It might be fun, in a gallows humor sort of way. I'll start.

I'm lonelier than you, because:
1. I live in a very remote area
2. I'm one of the older ones here - I've been lonely since before you were born.
3. I spent most of my life in a cult-like religion, then left it - so I don't fit in anywhere.
4. My life is devoted to utopian goals that nobody else shares or understands.

OK, your turn. Beat that.

1. I DONT live in a remote area and I'm still lonely and never talk to anybody. beat that.

2. if you are older than me, that means you've been meeting people (see 3)before I was born... I'm guessing because you are older, you might be financially stable, have a trade or have some way of making money...well currently I have no jobs or trade skill and I might be evicted soon. beat that. O and I spent my last two dollars for internet time when thats supposed to be my dinner money.

3. I dont even have a religion, not even a cult. Maybe I should join a cult to make more friends.

4.my life is devoted to NO GOALS AT ALL...beat that

GG

SighX99 said:
Everyone has their own unique problems, all the loneliness and depression and everything are unique to ourselves.
For example, a 20 year old in Africa might be homeless, disease ridden and hungry, but guess what? he gets the girls, he gets the sex.

a 20 year old in America might have a house, loving parents, never hungry and healthy, BUT HES STILL A VIRGIN AND IS DEPRESSED ABOUT IT

so there is really no point in playing this game.

Would I win if I were a diseased virgin? :(

I think your idea is cute lonely visionary. I think it's good to have humor where problems are concerned. We could get so silly about it, who is the most lonely, and end up laughing!

I think I win because....

I am an outsider from my family
I have no outside employment, so days are isolating sometimes and
My best friends are my dogs! (well, aside from my bf)

AFrozenSoul said:
o_O how is this thread helping you accomplish your Utopian goals?

A very good question. Being lonely has a very big impact on how I work. It means I lack feedback, chase dead ends, and get discouraged. To make it worse, sometimes I despair: I came to this forum to find people like me, and have only confirmed that I am truly and forever alone. I am not here because I enjoy solitude, or lack confidence, or get depressed, or am stuck in a bad relationship (there are millions of people like that, and it is good they have a place to meet). I am here because I have never found anyone like me.

But maybe I deceive myself? Maybe I am not the best judge of my situation? By comparing my situation to others in this thread I hope to be more objective.

And if it turns out that there really is no hope, then laughter is the only option (I rule out suicide because people rely on me, plus there is too much I want to do). As they show at the end of The Life of Brian: when things are at their worst it's better to laugh than cry.

lonely_visionary said:
A very good question. Being lonely has a very big impact on how I work. It means I lack feedback, chase dead ends, and get discouraged. To make it worse, sometimes I despair: I came to this forum to find people like me, and have only confirmed that I am truly and forever alone. I am not here because I enjoy solitude, or lack confidence, or get depressed, or am stuck in a bad relationship (there are millions of people like that, and it is good they have a place to meet). I am here because I have never found anyone like me.

But maybe I deceive myself? Maybe I am not the best judge of my situation? By comparing my situation to others in this thread I hope to be more objective.

And if it turns out that there really is no hope, then laughter is the only option (I rule out suicide because people rely on me, plus there is too much I want to do). As they show at the end of The Life of Brian: when things are at their worst it's better to laugh than cry.
Hmmm...Well loneliness is a fairly abstract thing. Do not take this the wrong way... but... maybe you are too closed minded. You have a vision of what you want and are unwilling to bend in that view. After all you said you have people who rely on you. That is more than I have.

Latest posts

Back