I'm tired of being single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
African_weasel said:
I'm on match.com. I hear that tinder is a nightmare though.

I had a lot of luck with OKCupid, but I know some people who didn't. I didn't have luck with Match. I guess it depends on where you live, the population looking etc...

Pike Creek said:
African_weasel said:
I'm on match.com. I hear that tinder is a nightmare though.

I had a lot of luck with OKCupid, but I know some people who didn't. I didn't have luck with Match. I guess it depends on where you live, the population looking etc...

I hear that OKCupid is one of the worse ones you can get on. It's the place where you get the most negative to the remarks. Basically any free dating site are pretty much like that.

African_weasel said:
I hear that OKCupid is one of the worse ones you can get on. It's the place where you get the most negative to the remarks. Basically any free dating site are pretty much like that.

Well, whatever the hearsay, I met my bf a year and a half ago on OKCupid and besides some ups and downs, we're pretty much solid. I never had a negative time on that site, I did on POF though. I think it depends on your area because I PAID for EHarmony and it was a joke. I ended up demanding my money back after a few months because they had some pretty unrealistic "guarantees" that you'd meet someone that could not be fulfilled.

I had heard the same thing about OKCupid from a girl in Romania, but when I tried it, I had a much different and positive experience.

You know I used to think I wanted a relationship but relationships seem so complicated. I'd rather not.

Too much time spent in investing oneself in one and I have too many goals/dreams for it at the moment.

SophiaGrace said:
You know I used to think I wanted a relationship but relationships seem so complicated. I'd rather not.

Too much time spent in investing oneself in one and I have too many goals/dreams for it at the moment.

I'm fine with putting in the time, and I'd love to be in one, but I'm just not in a good place to start one at the moment. It's hard enough for me to get through the day than to think about other people. But somehow I think that other people would make my life so much better. (sigh)

SophiaGrace said:

I agree. I just think that it's just too much effort (High risks, few rewards). I learned from live my life that wait for someone to come is a lot better than Being a "try-hard" about it. It would just disrupt my sleep at night.

I'd like being in a relationship with someone who would love me back the way I'd love her, but for now, I prefer to stick to my life.

CHSlater said:
SophiaGrace said:

I agree. I just think that it's just too much effort (High risks, few rewards). I learned from live my life that wait for someone to come is a lot better than Being a "try-hard" about it. It would just disrupt my sleep at night.

I'd like being in a relationship with someone who would love me back the way I'd love her, but for now, I prefer to stick to my life.

It always seem like everyone that are in relationships jsut forget about what they wanted to do and achieve. I want to work for the CIA therefore I pretty much practice the job. It's like the desire for a gf has so much influence that it put a hold on everything even going to school for it. However it's not the only thing that has been holding me back, I'm dealing with some family bullying as well. Me not having transportation just makes it worse that I wish for it to be.(Read this thread HERE:http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=32187&page=4). I'm just too worried about the false sense of security which really does nothing for me.

African_weasel said:
CHSlater said:
SophiaGrace said:

It always seem like everyone that are in relationships jsut forget about what they wanted to do and achieve. I want to work for the CIA therefore I pretty much practice the job. It's like the desire for a gf has so much influence that it put a hold on everything even going to school for it. However it's not the only thing that has been holding me back, I'm dealing with some family bullying as well. Me not having transportation just makes it worse that I wish for it to be.(Read this thread HERE:http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=32187&page=4). I'm just too worried about the false sense of security which really does nothing for me.

There are those who want to forget that they don't have any goal to achieve in life, therefore they want a relationship above "anything" (funny thing due to the fact that there aren't anything else). There are also those who forget why they wanted a relationship in the first place. :p

CHSlater said:
African_weasel said:
CHSlater said:
SophiaGrace said:

There are those who want to forget that they don't have any goal to achieve in life, therefore they want a relationship above "anything" (funny thing due to the fact that there aren't anything else). There are also those who forget why they wanted a relationship in the first place. :p

I'm one of those people, a co-dependent. i just feel like I need someone to make me feel happy. I get really bitter when I think that nobody wanted to fulfill that need. I started want to do things and want things for the wrong reasons. Every action was geared toward attracting somebody no matter how attractive they were. In the end I knew I would treat them like crap. That's what I wanted to do in fact. Punish a person for another person rejecting me. Really nothing that they do would please me just for the sake of making feel bad. In the process, I would be sucking the happiness out of the person for my own then just toss them out as if they were a coffee cup from Starbucks. From there I would just move on to my next victim and repeat the process. Being co-dependent in that way is just vindictive and it will make everyone else into emotional vampires. Sooner or later I'm going to run out of emotionally healthy people where I'm at and move on to another culture and fresia that up. Il n'a besion qu'unw personne (It only takes one person).

The post about the efforts of a relationship being more than the resulting rewards really rings true with how I'm feeling currently. I'm contemplating a break from seeking out connections with the opposite sex. I feel I could put the energy saved from such a break towards spoiling myself for a change.

It's hard to answer when there's so little information.
If you want a girlfriend, join a dating site.
Ask yourself what do you have to offer to a relationship.

the_ice_man said:
It's hard to answer when there's so little information.
If you want a girlfriend, join a dating site.
Ask yourself what do you have to offer to a relationship.

How much success have you had with a dating sites? Do you know how unbelievably narcissistic people are on them? I'm on some and believe me it's not as easy as getting a girlfriend like there's one waiting just for you on there. Sure its a place to look but as discussed a million times on here it does not work for everyone.

I went on Match.com (not advertising for it or anything but it's good although pricey)
I went out with about 10 ladies in 3 months, before I met my current g/friend.
Yes, that's a lot of women but I was lonely and panicking; trying to find someone to do things with. (Plus I really enjoyed the sex!)
Although I have met someone, I am still a loner and struggle to accept that is my nature.

Meeting someone IRL is the way to help weed out those who are just playing games. It seems 95% of people on free dating sites are just there for their own narcissistic pleasure. I did try e-harmony but got the rejection notice.

ABrokenMan said:
Meeting someone IRL is the way to help weed out those who are just playing games. It seems 95% of people on free dating sites are just there for their own narcissistic pleasure. I did try e-harmony but got the rejection notice.

Having used a free site I would definitely agree. They are also there for a booty call most often as well. :( sorry about e-harmony.

I guess I'm in the minority but OKC worked for me. Yeah, I met a lot of men who weren't really bf material in my opinion, but I did date a lot which was a good experience, and I found someone who I've been with for a year and a half now, so I think if I had to do it again, I'd go the OKC route.

SophiaGrace said:

This is what i keep telling myself. But instead of actually feeling/believing it, like you do, for me it's just something that i try to talk myself into. Truth is that from time to time i do really miss it. I try not to think about it and just move on with wathever lies ahead, but it hurts sometimes.

Rosebolt said:
SophiaGrace said:

This is what i keep telling myself. But instead of actually feeling/believing it, like you do, for me it's just something that i try to talk myself into. Truth is that from time to time i do really miss it. I try not to think about it and just move on with wathever lies ahead, but it hurts sometimes.

Sometimes I think I make my relationships complicated. Or maybe they do complicate things. :s

Latest posts

Back