Intense relationship that fizzled out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had one of those relationships that started out really intense then just fizzled out over time? I had 2... I met a girl name Julie... She & I've know each other for a month before it turned sexual... Then for about 3 month, it was really intense relationship... Then the time we spent together started to be shortened as weeks went by... About 6 month after, we saw each other may he twice a month, then sorta fizzled out... The other ones almost the same...

sk66rc said:
Has anyone ever had one of those relationships that started out really intense then just fizzled out over time? I had 2... I met a girl name Julie... She & I've know each other for a month before it turned sexual... Then for about 3 month, it was really intense relationship... Then the time we spent together started to be shortened as weeks went by... About 6 month after, we saw each other may he twice a month, then sorta fizzled out... The other ones almost the same...

no

Every relationship anybody has ever been in has started out intensely and then dropped off. It's normal. Expecting it to continue to your second year, your fifth year, or your tenth year, is expecting too much. The mark of a good relationship is to find that person you still want to be with when that intensity dips. That will be the person you'll want to stay with for the rest of your life.

Case said:
Every relationship anybody has ever been in has started out intensely and then dropped off. It's normal. Expecting it to continue to your second year, your fifth year, or your tenth year, is expecting too much. The mark of a good relationship is to find that person you still want to be with when that intensity dips. That will be the person you'll want to stay with for the rest of your life.

Well... My most recent ex was exactly the opposite... We sorta started out a bit slow but towards the end, it was really intense... She was having a bit of a rough day that day & she was trying to get her friend to go out for a drink... Her friend was a mutual friend of mine & I happened to walk by when she jokingly said, "I can't go out tonight but he'll take you out!" We sorta exchanged awkward smile & at the end of work, we went out for a drink... We didn't really talk much other than formal small talk but we ended up hanging out more & more... She ended up my longest relationship for 9 years... It just kept getting better but at the end, it was personal reasons that we couldn't stay with each other...

In a really cruel way that happens to me a lot weather it leads to anything sexual or not. I think im happier completely alone sometimes. But it is fun for a while

sk66rc said:
Well... My most recent ex was exactly the opposite... We sorta started out a bit slow but towards the end, it was really intense... She was having a bit of a rough day that day & she was trying to get her friend to go out for a drink... Her friend was a mutual friend of mine & I happened to walk by when she jokingly said, "I can't go out tonight but he'll take you out!" We sorta exchanged awkward smile & at the end of work, we went out for a drink... We didn't really talk much other than formal small talk but we ended up hanging out more & more... She ended up my longest relationship for 9 years... It just kept getting better but at the end, it was personal reasons that we couldn't stay with each other...

Sorry. I should have said "many relationships" instead of "all." I was going by my experiences with observing couples as well as my own relationships. I can say that none of my relationships ended more intensely than they began. Unless we're talking about "intensity" in a negative sense.

You're asking in the wrong place.

Although I might add it's possible some of the women could provide some insight here. These things are always lopsided in one direction, on Internet sites.. especially in these types of places.

I wouldn't say that a relationship that fizzled wasn't worth it, or wasn't a true relationship.

Sometimes things just don't work out. That doesn't have to cheapen the experience -- ever heard of "summer love?" Why do they call it that? Yeah. Because it doesn't last. But it's still something to remember fondly and with a smile on your lips.

I've had some relationships that fizzled. Good times.

Latest posts

Back