Is a change needed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futurum

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just looking to get some other opinions on this matter.
Basically all my previous relationships have failed quite miserably, it seems I really enjoy them until about 3 months in then I start really worrying about is this the person I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with. This always results in me panicking and the relationship ending.
Also when I have been going on dates recently I always keep thinking 'is this the person to spend the rest of my life with' and I'm always expecting an initial spark on these dates which I never seemingly find/feel.
Is this normal? I have been told I have really deep commitment issues but I'm not sure this is the case.
Do I need to change my mindset completely? Should i be going on more than one date to see if this spark arises or should I be feeling it instantly?

All opinions and feedback welcome :)

Realistically you're not gonna simply walk into an ideal long-term relationship. In fact it's rare that relationships are ideal at all, most good relationships take time, effort and yes; commitment. If you have problems with any of those then there's going to be issues.

Maybe you need to look at what exactly you want, I think that maybe your expectations are a little too high. You seem more worried about the future than the present. That's when good opportunities are lost.

Latest posts

Back