Keep asking people to hang out but keep making excutes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when people asks me if I wanna do something then never follow through with it... Or people who are constantly late... I don't really like hanging out with people anyway but rare occasions that I do, I only stick with people I know...

African_weasel said:
Hey, so I'm having a problem getting people to hang out with me. Every time I ask someone if they can hang out they usually hanging out with someone else or had something had something come up. One time I asked my friend if we could hang out sometime. She said that she will let me know on facebook to hang out at starbucks but didn't message me. Has anyone done this to anyone of you guys? If so, put down your stories. And I'm pretty open person btw.

Its called a blow off. She doesn't want to hurt your feelings by simply saying she doesn't want to hang out with you, so she lies and says "yeah lets hang out sometime" to lead you on or to be "nice". As a female, I've done this before to a man I wasn't interested in. Not proud of it. I wasn't trying to be malicious at all, I just wasn't confident enough to tell the truth. Conversely, I've had this done to me MANY times. Now its at the point when someone will say "lets hang out sometime" and I'll immediately reply "sure how about X day at X time" to throw them off. If they make an excuse like "oh, I'll be busy but I'll let you know" I'll mentally make a note to write this person off and to expect nothing from them. I don't know if thats harsh but as an adult I just don't have time for the games anymore. Someone either wants to hang out with me or they don't.

Latest posts

Back